How is it?

Being a FF fan, i've always love to play every FF there is (except the mmorpg's) but has of late FFXIII and FFXIII-2 were a bit of a letdown.

I didnt like FF13 much and although FF13 was better it still isnt classified as FF material in my opinion, they certainly weren't the rpg's i expected them to be ( again that's just my feel of those games)

Then there's this game, i played the demo and it seemed fun, i had to cancel my pre-order due to personal problems but i still want to get it sooner or later. I'm just worried around the negativity around the game, both from reviews and gamers ( yes i know don't trust reviews).

So i would like to know what you guys think of the game, since it seems highly played. :lol:

I'm enjoying it. Although I somewhat regret splurging on the CE.

Having a time management system in it always keeps me on the move. You have to balance quests going on in different areas at once and the amount of EP I have to port there and still allow me to freeze time to complete it and get to the next area. So there really isn't a dull moment.

But because of all that, I'd imagine a price drop would happen soon.

• Like 1

It's fun if you enjoy being a postman, all those fetchquests are tedious. The music is refreshing though, the story is well..what can I say. I think weird describes it best. There is no incentive in battling, you don't earn XP which just feels awkward for a RPG

It's fun if you enjoy being a postman, all those fetchquests are tedious. The music is refreshing though, the story is well..what can I say. I think weird describes it best. There is no incentive in battling, you don't earn XP which just feels awkward for a RPG

Yes i've heard of this no XP from battles, really sounded weird that decision, what do you gain from battles then, just items?

About the Time management system mentioned above, doesn't that limit your exploration possibilities? Or can you explore and do everything (the way RPG's are supposed to be) regardless of it or is there some sort of post end-game where you can do what you've missed? I'm confused on this matter....

Edited by Last-Crusaider

HORRIBLE!!! They took an amazing RPG franchise and turned it into a button masher! It's total balls! FFXIII was good, FFXIII-2 was ok, and LR: FFXIII totally sucks for battle systems!!! The whole time based game play is also crap and REALLY annoying! Can't wait for the X/X-2 HD Remake next month! FF the way it should be!!!

Edited by Wojo77
  • Like 1

Yes i've heard of this no XP from battles, really sounded weird that decision, what do you gain from battles then, just items?

About the Time management system mentioned above, doesn't that limit your exploration possibilities? Or can you explore and do everything (the way RPG's are supposed to be) regardless of it or is there some sort of post end-game where you can do what you've missed? I'm confused on this matter....

You get spoils from battles which are required for certain side quests.

If you linger too long during quests or if you get KO'd too often you will run short on time meaning you won't be able to do all the side quests. There is no post game, but you can start a New Game+ after finishing the story. The end of the world is not going to wait for you just because you missed a few treasure spheres!

I'm enjoying it for the most part. I'll agree that the fetch quests can get annoying but by plotting out what items I'll need for them helps to get things done in a timely manner as well as gives me incentive to battle. Another incentive with battling is figuring out which schemata works best against which monsters. I almost feel bad for saying this but when it comes to battling I get a thrill out of hunting creatures to extinction though it can seem tedious towards the end but then that last one makes it all worth it.

So basically the story is as convoluted as ever this being a XIII FF and the characters are more or less the same as in previous iterations. Personally as nonsensical as the story is I'm enjoying it; mainly the high points aka the conclusion to any of the main quests in the game. There are several moments through out the game that are kind of throwbacks or references to the first two games and I greatly enjoy those moments. The music is top notch as is expected of a FF game. I'm not sure how to rate this game in terms of its overall standing in the XIII series. Really its just like they took Chapters 11 and 12 from XIII, turned each of them into 2 separate areas, brought in some of the easy means to get around from XIII-2, throw in a bunch of quests, and overhauled the customization/battle experience.

Atm I'm trying to make this game my fastest platinum, so slightly under 2 weeks and I'm not sure if that's going to happen. A week into the game and I'm on Day 6 with all main quests completed, all but 5 side quests completed, and all the Canvas of Prayers quests up to this point finished. I have 8 species left that aren't yet extinct as well. I guess mainly I'm just griping about the crafting trophies and the unearthly apothecary trophy since I'm not sure how long into a second playthrough the crafting ones will take and chances of getting unearthly apothecary seem to be slim and random unless you're lucky. 

Being a FF fan, i've always love to play every FF there is (except the mmorpg's) but has of late FFXIII and FFXIII-2 were a bit of a letdown.

I didnt like FF13 much and although FF13 was better it still isnt classified as FF material in my opinion, they certainly weren't the rpg's i expected them to be ( again that's just my feel of those games)

Then there's this game, i played the demo and it seemed fun, i had to cancel my pre-order due to personal problems but i still want to get it sooner or later. I'm just worried around the negativity around the game, both from reviews and gamers ( yes i know don't trust reviews).

So i would like to know what you guys think of the game, since it seems highly played. :lol:

Em primeiro lugar boa noite :)

É assim o jogo não é mau, eu comprei e gostei muito! podia fazer aqui um testamento mas não vale a pena, se gostaste do ff13 e 13-2 vais gostar deste! porque quando se joga algo tem que se tentar compreender como o jogo funciona caso contrario não se vai gostar ! a unica coisa que me irrita é o tempo limitado que tens ate ao ultimo dia (dai teres que usar uma habilidade de parar o tempo temporariamente) os side quests são muitos e aconselho-te a seguir um guia do jogo! o combate entre a light e o caius é fantastico!

E não ligues ao que um certo tipo disse ali em cima! ele fala mal do jogo mas reparei no perfil dele que anda a joga-lo (inclusive ja tem 24 trofeus) acho uma piada esta gente.... enfim boa sorte :)

When I got it I was a bit skeptical about the time system but if you play on easy & abuse the hell out of Chronostasis (freezes time for a bit) you can almost ignore the clock (except for time based quests), on my second playthrough I actually beat all 5 main quests by the end of the second day, overall it's a good game, I did like it better than XIII-2 but the original XIII is still my favorite out of the trilogy.

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 1

Em primeiro lugar boa noite :)

É assim o jogo não é mau, eu comprei e gostei muito! podia fazer aqui um testamento mas não vale a pena, se gostaste do ff13 e 13-2 vais gostar deste! porque quando se joga algo tem que se tentar compreender como o jogo funciona caso contrario não se vai gostar ! a unica coisa que me irrita é o tempo limitado que tens ate ao ultimo dia (dai teres que usar uma habilidade de parar o tempo temporariamente) os side quests são muitos e aconselho-te a seguir um guia do jogo! o combate entre a light e o caius é fantastico!

E não ligues ao que um certo tipo disse ali em cima! ele fala mal do jogo mas reparei no perfil dele que anda a joga-lo (inclusive ja tem 24 trofeus) acho uma piada esta gente.... enfim boa sorte :)

Ora viva! :D Sim ainda gostei dos jogos anteriores, mas mais do FF13-2, só que estava a espera de mais deles. Mas tens razão, senão tentar compreender como o jogo funciona não vou gostar, foi o que fiz com o FF13-2 e acabei por me divertir imenso, acho vou tentar sendo assim, obrigado pelos conselhos :)

Thank you all for the advises guys, you've been all helpful, i'll end buying it when i can, might as well have the trilogy platined  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HORRIBLE!!! They took an amazing RPG franchise and turned it into a button masher! It's total balls! FFXIII was good, FFXIII-2 was ok, and LR: FFXIII totally sucks for battle systems!!! The whole time based game play is also crap and REALLY annoying! Can't wait for the X/X-2 HD Remake next month! FF the way it should be!!!

Can't believe you're calling this a button masher but you claim XIII was good, XIII was a button masher (auto-battle?!) from start to 20+ hours or so into the game.

You may think you're just button mashing your way into victory (trust me when i say this, i felt that way), but that's because you just started playing the game and you know nothing about it, when you start NG+ and replay the main/side quests you'll see that each enemy require a different approach, whereas on your 1st run you (me too) were just button mashing your way to victory.

Anyway, i think this is the 1st time i see someone complaing about the battle system itself, when i see hate for LR it's all about the story. But oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, right? :)

Actually, at first I thought the game was very fun, then i got frustrated when i was doing my last side quests and canvas of prayers and got bored. I think this one has both, but more fun than boredom though.

Im about to start my NG+ on easy mode; my first playthrough was on normal and it was quite difficult.

I do recommend it :). It isnt the best, but its good and somewhat challenging :).

• Like 1