Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, el_panel0n said:

I've got good news and even better news.

I've got a PS4 physical version and it does include a free PS5 upgrade. So the digital version should do the same. The upgrade is not actually available yet, since it hasn't officially launched, but I know it has the upgrade because the box says so.

Using rewind and save states is totally allowed to get the trophies. Not only that, but the games have different options that you can change before starting it, like adding more lives/continues and level select, and the trophies are still obtainable. Yes, you can just select the last level (while having given you extra lives), beat it and get the trophy. The options for each game are different. Most have level select but some don't. TMNT NES notably does not. Also the fighting games.

And for Watch Mode, sadly, you cannot just view the perfect playthrough, jump in at the last second, beat it and get the trophy. They will not pop...

...UNLESS! You do what someone already suggested and then it totally works!

While in Watch Mode, jump in to take control at any point you like, pause, make a save state, quit out of the game (just the emulated game, not the whole game collection), open the game back up the normal way (not watch mode), load the save state, finish the boss fight, trophy will now unlock ?.

I already got the platinum. I beat about 8 games "legit" (plenty of rewind tho!), about 4 just selecting the last level and beating it and 1 doing the watch mode save state. I kinda wish that trick didn't work, but oh well ??‍♀️

The fact that the trophies don't pop up with you taking control in watch mode normally, makes me think that, well, that's the intended behavior, so this trick may be patched someday. Or it may just be an oversight that watch mode doesn't give you trophies ??‍♀️

Let me know if anybody has any more questions.

THANK YOU! x3 You're a Hero!

Edited by ZackKyMurr

3 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

The hoops that people jump through to cheat a plat

Kind of an interesting work around, though. Reminds me of watching the last kill in the Castlevania collection in a demo of the fight to get trophy credit. The stuff people come up with, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schmittex said:

Hello, I don't understand, I finished Tournament Fighters NES and SNES but the trophies don't unlock...I used the save function, is it because of that?

No, it's not, and I had a similar situation. 

I think the NES one requires you to be on normal mode, and the SNES one, you have to have the difficulty set to where Karai shows up as the final boss in story mode. I had set them to easy and 0 respectively to breeze through them, and never got the trophies. Never got the one for the Genesis version either, because I think you need to be on a higher difficulty than the default. 

Trying today to get those three.

I got the trophy for the NES Tournament Fighter using the watch, save, quit, load method. It was in normal difficulty.

The Genesis version isn't giving me the trophy. It states you have to beat the real Karai, but at the end of the battle she says that you've beaten her clone. 

Already had the SNES version by playing on the default difficulty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schmittex said:

Hello, I don't understand, I finished Tournament Fighters NES and SNES but the trophies don't unlock...I used the save function, is it because of that?

No, it's because of the difficulty. You must have changed it, right? I also played the SNES version on the easiest difficulty, didn't want to deal with all that, only to find that you will fight a clone of Karai. The trophy does state that you have to defeat the "real" Karai, which of course I didn't even know what that meant. So, yeah had to beat it again on the default difficulty, then it unlocked.

Same for the NES version. I also lowered the difficulty because I thought they wouldn't put the same restriction here and OMG, they did. Also had to beat the game twice. Leave it on the default difficulty.

So now I learned my lesson, right? No changing the difficulty for the Genesis version. Boot it up and beat it on normal and.. no god damned trophy. A light google search seems to indicate that you have to beat the game on fucking MAX difficulty. So I did that and got the trophy. Good luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, el_panel0n said:

No, it's because of the difficulty. You must have changed it, right? I also played the SNES version on the easiest difficulty, didn't want to deal with all that, only to find that you will fight a clone of Karai. The trophy does state that you have to defeat the "real" Karai, which of course I didn't even know what that meant. So, yeah had to beat it again on the default difficulty, then it unlocked.

Same for the NES version. I also lowered the difficulty because I thought they wouldn't put the same restriction here and OMG, they did. Also had to beat the game twice. Leave it on the default difficulty.

So now I learned my lesson, right? No changing the difficulty for the Genesis version. Boot it up and beat it on normal and.. no god damned trophy. A light google search seems to indicate that you have to beat the game on fucking MAX difficulty. So I did that and got the trophy. Good luck.

Where did you see the thing about playing on Max? I've looked around and never saw anything about it. 

Also kinda funny how people are going "Yeah, I got the platinum using the watch feature", but they never mention that they had to play the Genesis Tournament Fighter on Max. Not unless I missed a post. 

Right now all I'm missing is the Genesis version of Tournament Fighter, the SNES Turtles in Time, and Hyperstone Heist to get my platinum. Been playing everything else legit, except for getting my NES Tournament Fighter through the trick, since I already played through the game once.

Unlike the original genesis version, the genesis version of tournament fighters for the cowabunga collection let's you play as ALL the bosses including karai.

and there's also a trick.

To bypass fighting everybody and get to the boss trio without losing continues start a 1P game. When the screen changes to the space map have controller 2 enter the game for a 2P game. Have player 2 choose a character and select that person's home planet.

Leonardo - Bio Planet
Michaelangelo - Mirage Planet
Donatello - Futuristic City Planet
Rapheal - Magma Ocean Planet
April O'Neil - Spaceship
Casey Jones - Ice Planet
Ray Fillet - Ocean Planet
Sisyphus - Jungle Planet

You can beat up a defenseless second player and the game will give you credit for defeating that character in the tournament lineup. After you beat all eight defenseless fighters on their home stages the game will begin with the boss matches and you'll have kept all your continues.

do the same with all 3 Now-Playable bosses and the trophy is yours

• Like 4

5 hours ago, G1_Burgertime said:

I got the trophy for the NES Tournament Fighter using the watch, save, quit, load method. It was in normal difficulty.

The Genesis version isn't giving me the trophy. It states you have to beat the real Karai, but at the end of the battle she says that you've beaten her clone. 

Already had the SNES version by playing on the default difficulty.

There is an alternate ending for beating the Genesis version on max difficulty.  Maybe that's what triggers her real self to appear?  I've only ever played the SNES version.

EDIT: Confirmation, you have to beat the Genesis version on the hardest difficulty to get her true version.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Karai_(1987_video_games)

(Also I didn't notice the other posts about this before I posted.   But the link is the confirmation.)

Edited by Snake2410

17 hours ago, el_panel0n said:

Let me know if anybody has any more questions.

I doubt anybody would need to use rewind states on the scrolling beat-em-up games.

Apparentely this release is full price so I am not sure I want to save state like half the games I have paid money for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I doubt anybody would need to use rewind states on the scrolling beat-em-up games.

Apparentely this release is full price so I am not sure I want to save state like half the games I have paid money for.

The game is $40, not $60-70.

Edited by G1_Burgertime
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, WyndigoSpirit said:

Genesis Karai can go suck a lemon. The game absolutely reads your button inputs and it doesn't even pretend it's not. Set the matches to one round and make liberal use of the rewind feature, she'll go down eventually.

Bait her to a corner and try to get her to jump over you, abuse rewind to get her to try sifferent things.  When she lands spam towards her and punch.  You should grab her and initiate a throw.  Now keep spamming that as she lands and she'll get stun locked into endlessly being thrown until she's beat.  Throws are extremely if you trap them in a corner with it.

Hey guys i can confirm the trick in the genises version of tournament fighters works with 2 controllers.For the other games i just played on default settings picked donatello spamming punch buttons using rewind and save.On one game you can set it too 1 round too make it even easier.