What PS Classics do you think will REALISTICALLY come to Premium and why?

Rebourne07

Anything Sony owns, even if it wasn’t super popular or if it was niche. We saw this with the PS2 games for PS4 with stuff like Primal and Rise of the Kasai, and have started seeing it this time with No Heroes Allowed and Echoshift. 

For some reason, unlike the PS3 days, Sony constantly seem to struggle to get third-parties involved with their classics. ?

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Everything about Sony's handling of its classics and PS+ Premium just screams half-assed to me. It's like they've already lost interest and don't seem too occupied with providing an absolute gem of a service. There's still time for them to course correct, but if the first six months is anything to go I'm not too excited about the tier's future. It was the perfect opportunity to burst out the gates with a decent selection of classic titles, but it's like Sony weren't prepared and launched the service before it was ready.

EDIT: To answer the question of the thread, surely all the games that are currently on the PS3 and Vita store will make their way to PS Premium? It's bizarre that they haven't already.

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If we want to look at this question super seriously then these are the (Sony-owned) PS1 games with the highest chance of coming.

Highest chance as they were released in the PSP/PS3 classics selection, on the PS Classic mini console, and in the old PlayStation Suite/Mobile selection:

• Cool Boarders 2

• Destruction Derby

• Twisted Metal

Very high chance as they were released on 2/3 of the above services:

• G-Police

• Jet Moto/Rider 2

• MediEvil

High chance as they were released on 1/3 of the services:

• 2Xtreme

• Cool Boarders

• Jet Moto/Rider

• Jumping Flash! 2

• Kula World / Roll Away

• Motor Toon Grand Prix 2

• Rally Cross

• UmJammer Lammy

• Vib-Ribbon

• Warhawk

• WipEout

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I think its imperative for every game that Sony owns the IP rights to get on PS+ Premium, with a Platinum trophy list. 

Third party I've made my peace with. You can't get everyone you want on there and not all of them are going to want to take the time to add in trophy support which is fine. But Sony knows that trophies incentivizes people to play these classic games (see trophies getting added retroactively to Super Stardust Portable, No Heroes Allowed, and Jumping Flash). So if they just prioritize getting all of their classic PS1, PSP, and PS2 games (hopefully with a new PS2 emulator as well lol) then I think this service would actually be incredible. 

Some random obscure games I would love to see get added would be games like Kingsley's Adventure and The Adventures of Lomax on PS1, and Gangs of London and the Ape Escape Academy games of PSP.