how is this game?

steel6burgh

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

I haven't played the game yet, but a friend that plays it on Oculus really enjoys it.  I just bought it from GameFly for $17.99 because it supports cross-play with Oculus.

For that cheap of a price, it looks good enough to take a gamble on.

I decided to wait for PSVR 2.  Can't believe it won't be compatible with the older games.  I hope they update this one for it because I don't see any sense in buying a PSVR 1 at this point.  

It's got amazing potential, but it's extremely buggy. Recently there was an update that added more content, but it added even more bugs (luckily also some good ones that are exploitable). The QA seems to be almost nonexistent. But if you can look past that, it's an amazing game for coop.

Keep in mind it's designed for coop so it's the most fun that way. It's also crossplay and you will be mostly playing with pcvr/quest players. Luckily it's still very active online.

Trophy wise, it's a huge grind for the 53600 kills, the nightmare difficulty can be pretty hard without exploits, and there is one trophy that silently got patched to be way harder now (see my comment on the different thread), but other than that it's straightforward.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

This game is pretty dodgy but still definitely an improvement on Arizona Sunshine. We only have a group of three to play with & last week when we we fishing for randoms the most amazing pc player joined & dropped us some really nice weapons. We were able to jump  into Nightmare difficulty well ahead of time as a result which was great. 

I also found an amazing glitch that gives out 25k harvest per run, but I've read way too many awful comments from people with stupid prejudices lately so if you want to know how to do the glitch, msg me on psn, I'll look through your post history & if you haven't ever complained about stacks, auto pops, debug menus, common plats & exploits I'll gladly let you know. While it pains me to have to have a policy like that it should be a moot point for those affected because they surely have the integrity to waste all those hours grinding out harvest legit. I'm mostly posting about this because doing the glitch gave me undesirable timestamps, but I've saved a video of the glitch so false flags will go nowhere anyway.

Is this worth getting as a single player only experience? I like grinding and improving so the core gameplay loop is ok for me in theory, but have been told it’s extremely boring solo. Can anyone give their experience of solo play? ( I’d be getting it for PSVR2, if that makes a difference).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Also, if you want to boost harvest, there's two money glitches - one where dropping LMG mags into the recycling bin gives you a shit ton of money, another where you can craft weapons then immediately sell them for a small profit. Not sure if these haven't been fixed yet, but I think I may have accidentally done the first since I remember dropping clips instead of the gun by accident and then noticing I had a shit ton of money.

But harvest is really a non-issue since you'll get 500k long before you get 53k zombie kills. I was playing solo survivor (easiest difficulty) mutation runs last night for skin progress and earning 5-7k per run and getting 400+ snowbreed kills. If you pick up weapons during runs you can scrap them for harvest as well, sometimes a shit ton if you get an LMG or other high end weapon.

12 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Is this worth getting as a single player only experience? I like grinding and improving so the core gameplay loop is ok for me in theory, but have been told it’s extremely boring solo. Can anyone give their experience of solo play? ( I’d be getting it for PSVR2, if that makes a difference).

No. You're going to need a good team for harder difficulties, even if you abuse the auto shotgun glitch. The main appeal of the game is that it's an L4D-ish game you can play with friends in VR - if you're going to play solo you may as well get something like either of the Walking Dead games because the core gameplay loop in those will be far more entertaining.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 7:26 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Also, if you want to boost harvest, there's two money glitches - one where dropping LMG mags into the recycling bin gives you a shit ton of money, another where you can craft weapons then immediately sell them for a small profit. Not sure if these haven't been fixed yet, but I think I may have accidentally done the first since I remember dropping clips instead of the gun by accident and then noticing I had a shit ton of money.

But harvest is really a non-issue since you'll get 500k long before you get 53k zombie kills. I was playing solo survivor (easiest difficulty) mutation runs last night for skin progress and earning 5-7k per run and getting 400+ snowbreed kills. If you pick up weapons during runs you can scrap them for harvest as well, sometimes a shit ton if you get an LMG or other high end weapon.

No. You're going to need a good team for harder difficulties, even if you abuse the auto shotgun glitch. The main appeal of the game is that it's an L4D-ish game you can play with friends in VR - if you're going to play solo you may as well get something like either of the Walking Dead games because the core gameplay loop in those will be far more entertaining.

Well that settles that. Thanks for the definitive answer!