How active is the online?

26 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

I'm thinking about buying this game but was wondering how many people are still playing online? I'm guessing most of the remaining players moved over to the Cowabunga Collection.

I played Shredder's revenge last week and yeah it's pretty dead except on the weekends.

I doubt many people are playing online in the Cowabunga collection since it isn't required for trophies, and it is absolutely awful. Like Scott Pilgrim VS The World levels of awful online.

• Like 1

With these kinds of games you’ll want to jump on these at launch or shortly after release. Trophy hunters wanting to earn the online trophies quick, at least that was my desire. You can certainly create gaming sessions on this site to gather a group of gamers to have fun and hunt. 

• Like 1

I also had no trouble with lobbies. Finished it today with randoms. 

Finding a party is weird , seems you need to sit on the the level you want to try start from and do a search on that. 

Example, if I want to join from story mode mission 13 I need to have already done it , then go sit on it and search. You’ll find people playing mission 13.

if you’re sitting looking for mission 13 on mission 1 you won’t find them, you’ll find people playing mission 1. 

If you play arcade , and say you choose hard and do a search you’ll find anyone in any mission that’s playing, but wont know the difficulty until you’re in it. 

Best of luck all. 

19 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

I also had no trouble with lobbies. Finished it today with randoms. 

Finding a party is weird , seems you need to sit on the the level you want to try start from and do a search on that. 

Example, if I want to join from story mode mission 13 I need to have already done it , then go sit on it and search. You’ll find people playing mission 13.

if you’re sitting looking for mission 13 on mission 1 you won’t find them, you’ll find people playing mission 1. 

If you play arcade , and say you choose hard and do a search you’ll find anyone in any mission that’s playing, but wont know the difficulty until you’re in it. 

Best of luck all. 

Oh, that explains why I could not find any online games for story mode. I was just searching for games from the character selection screen like I did with arcade mode. Anyways I was able find online games no problem to get all the arcade trophies.

Now all that is left is to level up all the characters. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Oh, that explains why I could not find any online games for story mode. I was just searching for games from the character selection screen like I did with arcade mode. Anyways I was able find online games no problem to get all the arcade trophies.

Now all that is left is to level up all the characters. 

You’d eventually find people at character select when searching from there which is pretty rare. It’s such an odd mechanic. Found this out by accident when a friend of mine was trying to team up and the invite feature wasn’t working. Couldn’t send out an invite. I was in mission 6 and he was searching from character select and then from mission 1. Couldn’t find me. He then went and sat on mission 6 and I appeared and joined me no problem. Tested it heaps of times to find the pattern. 

Edited by JWill_55

• 3 months later...

I'm planning on picking this up next week.

Noting this thread is a couple months old now, I thought I'd ask again - how active is the Arcade Mode nowadays? 

I believe a new patch has recently dropped with a Custom Game arcade mode that doesn't unlock trophies, so I wonder if a lot of permanent players will now be on that mode instead of the normal Arcade Mode.

On 1/4/2023 at 3:26 PM, BusyFace13 said:

I'm planning on picking this up next week.

Noting this thread is a couple months old now, I thought I'd ask again - how active is the Arcade Mode nowadays? 

I believe a new patch has recently dropped with a Custom Game arcade mode that doesn't unlock trophies, so I wonder if a lot of permanent players will now be on that mode instead of the normal Arcade Mode.

I platinumed the PS5 version over Christmas and it was pretty active then.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just platinumed this. I would described the online as active, but passive at the same time. 

By this I mean that a majority of players are not creating lobbies but joining pre-existing ones. For the hard mode trophy I had to create one lobby myself, and then picked up teammates as I went along.

Only annoying thing is that if any teammate drops out at the last level, people will just spectate the game and not actually join in, to try and take the No Damage Shredder trophy.

God bless that Leonardo that joined to help my Mickey and friend Donny against Super Shredder. And screw Raph and April for just spectating since halfway through the Statue of Tyranny.

• 4 months later...

I got the the trophy for beating arcade mode on the hardest difficulty and i would say it was pretty tough.

Finding a party that is playing on the hardest difficulty isn't too hard but don't expect to find a party that is too far into the game, people just stay on game over and hoard the place so it just shows party full, mostly you'll find people who have just started or atmost on chapter-5.

Coordinating with the randoms you find is necessary, the best way to get this trophy is to have a second controller and leave it on character select, then everyone can join back with the party code.

Also the host can leave it doesn't end the game and you get the trophy even if your character is game over, you just have to kill super shredder, it doesn't matter if only 1 persons kills him everyone gets the trophy.

I played during weekends and it wasn't really that active but not dead either, all the tips about just joining a game that is about to end gives the false impression that this trophy is easy when that is just a way to bypass playing the mode, you have to put in effort when playing with randoms and even carry a lot of them, if you don't message them to rejoin they just stay at game over and hope to get the trophy which just makes it harder for good players to join the lobby and unless you're the host you can't kick them.

Edit: The game still has glitches and connectivity issues that can just end your party and put you in solo mode, so you have to make the party public again and hope people join.

Edited by DT_Exodus7895