Questions about the Definitive Edition.

GabrielMS13

My version of the game is the one that was offered for free via PS Plus, so naturally it doesn't have any DLC content. The Definitive Edition Upgrade costs $20 and hasn't been on sale for a long time (https://psprices.com/region-us/game/4347596/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-extra-content). To me it would be much cheaper to buy the whole Definitive Edition again from the brazilian PS Store on sale instead of a $20 gift card (my main account is american). Therefore I ask:

1) Is the Definitive Edition content worth getting at all?

2) If I decide to buy it again will my base game save file be compatible with it?

3) Are the base game and D.E. trophy lists the same or are they different stacks?

1: It depends on how much you like the game and if you're a completionist or not, because the DLCs are just more of the same from what I've read.

2: If you get the DE from the PS Store in the same region you got your original copy from, then it should work but if you get it from another region, you will have to start over because the saves are region locked.

3: There are no stacks for this game.

To answer your questions

1.In my PSN store DE usually comes on sale and it's much cheaper then buying the season pass. Buying the DE would give you new costumes, Signature weapons and obviously the new missions. I kind of like the dlc so i'm definitely gonna recommend this.

2.If you buy game from different region store then there save files won't get compatible to each other otherwise if it's an online game. So just to be safe buy the DE/Season pass from the same region store so you won't regret later.

3.No they don't have different stacks.

Hopefully this answer your question . Feel free to correct me ?

21 hours ago, BlueFoxYOT said:

You can buy Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy, which contains all 3 games with their DLC for 19.99 on sale

Unfortunately I already have the 2013 game and Rise of the Tomb Raider, so buying this collection is not really an option...

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

2: If you get the DE from the PS Store in the same region you got your original copy from, then it should work but if you get it from another region, you will have to start over because the saves are region locked.

I completely forgot about save file region locking! Well, seems I'm screwed in that regard.

20 hours ago, WitcherCain said:

1.In my PSN store DE usually comes on sale and it's much cheaper then buying the season pass.

Sadly I think the season pass probably will never be on sale again as the DE made it redundant... 

19 hours ago, Ninjise said:

If you really liked the game, I would say the definition version is worth it, lot of new cool costumes and missions to play around.

I did enjoy the game, I just thought it was a bit light on content, specially when compared to Rise.

Given that my PS Plus subscription expires this december I'll just focus on getting the platinum. Afterwards I may buy the DE from the US store if the price lowers enough, otherwise I'll buy it from the BR store and start a new save file. That seems to be the best course of action I guess.

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Just an update: I bought the Definitive Edition on the brazilian PS Store as it went on sale yesterday. Since I already had the base game installed, I could only download the "Definitive Edition Extra Content" from my BR account's library. Back to my main US account, I launched the game and... Voilà! The DLC content was all there, the challenge tombs, the extra outfits, weapons and side missions. It appears that buying the Definitive Edition worked just like buying the season pass, as the base game was already installed on my console, with the added benefit of being playable even after my PS+ expires.