Revenge Matchs

grimlockjoey

On 9/12/2022 at 7:15 PM, JoshC17 said:

Does anyone know if the 18 revenge matches are tied to the online? 

no, they are not affected by online servers.
Although, you will need Kato to appear as a revenge character before online closes, as that is the only time you will have the best fishing tackle available (and obviously fishing locations are online)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, maggot6sic6 said:

no, they are not affected by online servers.
Although, you will need Kato to appear as a revenge character before online closes, as that is the only time you will have the best fishing tackle available (and obviously fishing locations are online)

That's good to know, I got Kato already but I'm cutting it very close if the revenge matches were tied to the online.

Oh ****. It looks like like I have started this too late. Not entirely my fault as I tried months ago, but my PS4 Pro BR drive broke and I just got my PS5 running, but all the same, I am concerned I am screwed. Just beat the first rank 5 opponent....Is the next 2 weeks enough time to get the plat?

Edited by COKTOE
spelling

39 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Oh ****. It looks like like I have started this too late. Not entirely my fault as I tried months ago, but my PS4 Pro BR drive broke and I just got my PS5 running, but all the same, I am concerned I am screwed. Just beat the first rank 5 opponent....Is the next 2 weeks enough time to get the plat?

You can still make it but depends on how quickly you can beat the story. There's some stuff you can only start once you beat the story.

When you hit rank 7, your priorities should be:

1) Ensure Kato is the first revenge character you beat. Make a backup save as soon as you beat rank 6 as a fail safe.

2) After beating revenge Kato and get the upgraded fishing rod, catch all the fish in every online course (just from main game, not DLC if you own it)

3) Copy a glitched/invisible character to easily score 3 condors (you can do albatross as well while you're here)

As long as you can focus on these 3 things, you'll be in good shape. You could technically knock this all out in a day, although for #3, it depends on whether Kanaloa Beach OUT has official conditions (teeny or regular cup) as the condors have to be done in official rounds, so you may have to keep checking daily until the course has those conditions (almost guaranteed to happen within 2 weeks but the longer you wait the less chance you have)

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2

Thanks so much. My time is limited, but I might be able to do it. I don't get step 3, but I assume ( hope ) that this is explained in the trophy guide. At any rate, I have work to do before that even matters. I have read it gets quite hard. So far, rank 5 hasn't been difficult.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Thanks so much. My time is limited, but I might be able to do it. I don't get step 3, but I assume ( hope ) that this is explained in the trophy guide. At any rate, I have work to do before that even matters. I have read it gets quite hard. So far, rank 5 hasn't been difficult.

Yeah a lot of this stuff didn't make sense to me either when I was reading it before doing it lol. Once you get to that point there is plenty of info in the guide and in these forums on what to do so no worries. As long as you hyper focus on beating the story and reaching rank 7, you should be ok

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Even if you can't do step 3 before the online shutdown, it doesn't lock you out of getting the platinum (assuming you get steps 1 and 2 done). It's just that getting condors and albatrosses the non-glitch way is very, very difficult.

• Like 2

On 15/09/2022 at 10:01 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah a lot of this stuff didn't make sense to me either when I was reading it before doing it lol. Once you get to that point there is plenty of info in the guide and in these forums on what to do so no worries. As long as you hyper focus on beating the story and reaching rank 7, you should be ok

So, 2 days after I last posted, I had 2 heart attacks ( on the same day ), and am in the hospital until at least Thursday. Also, according to all the doctors I have spoken to, I can no longer fly into a ludicrous rage. How can one not play Everybody's Golf without raging? I'm going to have to really put to pedal to the metal. And if I don't make it, please make a thread and share all your memories of me.

- Yours truly, Tyrone Bibbons, Esq

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

So, 2 days after I last posted, I had 2 heart attacks ( on the same day ), and am in the hospital until at least Thursday. Also, according to all the doctors I have spoken to, I can no longer fly into a ludicrous rage. How can one not play Everybody's Golf without raging? I'm going to have to really put to pedal to the metal. And if I don't make it, please make a thread and share all your memories of me.

- Yours truly, Tyrone Bibbons, Esq

Ah man sorry to hear that. Glad to see you posting again despite that terrible news. Wishing you a speedy recovery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moostache7 said:

Any reason the trophy wouldn't pop after defeating every revenge match in the encyclopedia?

If you're talking about the VS Master trophy, you have to beat all of the secret characters as well to unlock this one (you'll also get the Secret Master trophy at the same time)

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 1

Uh. I have 3 days left and I'm not done rank six. That hospital stay has probably torpedoed my chances. Almost done rank 6. Question: When do revenge matches start? I need to have Kato appear and beat him, so I'm curious as to when and how this starts. Also, If anyone thinks it's not possible to do in the nest 3 days, I'll probably just quit. Rank 6, have caught 0 fish.

5 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Question: When do revenge matches start? I need to have Kato appear and beat him, so I'm curious as to when and how this starts. Also, If anyone thinks it's not possible to do in the nest 3 days, I'll probably just quit. Rank 6, have caught 0 fish.

When you've beat everyone once (not including the special vs characters), the revenge vs ones start showing up. Beating rank 6 and moving up to rank 7 is when that happens. Adam is the last one you'll face, so when you beat him the revenge ones start showing up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Uh. I have 3 days left and I'm not done rank six. That hospital stay has probably torpedoed my chances. Almost done rank 6. Question: When do revenge matches start? I need to have Kato appear and beat him, so I'm curious as to when and how this starts. Also, If anyone thinks it's not possible to do in the nest 3 days, I'll probably just quit. Rank 6, have caught 0 fish.

Yeah you're pretty close, you can still make it. In the later ranks like 6, It's usually 3-4 tournaments to reach each VS character in a rank, so even if you're just starting rank 6, at most you'll be playing 12 tournaments plus facing 3 vs characters. If you're winning every time, this is like maybe 4-5 hours of gameplay to get through the rank.

Catching all the fish takes some grinding, so this will probably be another 4-5 hours just to catch all the fish (that's being conservative though, you might even finish sooner).

You should prioritize getting your 3 condors out of the way if you plan on using a glitched character as well. Even though this is technically doable offline, it will be way more difficult after the servers shut down. The online course where you do the glitch on (Kanaloa Beach Out) has to have official rules (regular or teeny cups) in order for the glitch to work, and this resets for everyone daily at 8PM EST. Because you only have 3 days left, you have to ensure that if the course has regular or teeny cups, you get the 3 condors out of the way.

• Like 1

Ha. I am going to keep at it then. I hope the guide here covers the instructions you have laid out. Regarding Kato and revenge matches though....this begins after rank 6 or 7? I have done some research and understand that who appears is random. If I don't get Kato I am to reload. Do I need to have a cloud save to do this? Really sorry for all the questions. I am pretty anxious and want to make sure I understand as much as possible.

• Like 1

On 2022-09-27 at 6:45 PM, COKTOE said:

Oh s**t. It's right there in the op. Sorry. Like I said, I'm anxious. Unusually anxious. ?

No worries, I understand how anxiety inducing this can be with imminent server closure.

To give you more info: as soon as you beat the last revenge character in rank 6 (Adam), you get promoted to rank 7. You actually won't see the revenge character immediately after this, you have to close the game and re-open the game to have your first revenge character appear. Before doing this, I do recommend making a cloud backup just to be absolutely safe (you can re-roll your revenge character without constantly restoring from a cloud save, but in the event you screw up somehow, it's good to have a cloud save as a fail safe).

So essentially this is what you do:

1. Beat rank 6 which will promote you to rank 7
2. Close your game and make a cloud backup
3. Launch the game again and when you enter the home area, see if the revenge character is Kato (without physically talking to the character, just look from afar in the VS character area or else you might 'lock in' whichever character appears on the stage and you won't be able to re-roll). He looks like this:

zp9zeMf.png

4. If you see any other character standing there, hold the PS button and quit the game.

5. Re-launch the game and check the home area again, you should now see a different character
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you see Kato standing there. If at any point you screw it up somehow (you generally won't as long as you follow these steps), revert to your cloud backup which should fix the game and allow you to continue re-rolling your characters

7. Once Kato is there, attempt to beat him, if you lose, revert to your cloud save and try the process all over again (re-roll to find Kato and beat him). Alternatively, you can also perform an action that forces the game to autosave (such as changing your outfit) to 'lock him in' as your revenge character, but don't actually challenge him yet. Quit the game and make a new cloud save. This save will now let you repeatedly face Kato and revert back to the cloud save in the event you lose

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 3