Revenge Matchs

grimlockjoey

Ohh man. I'm getting a bad feeling here. I'm beginning to wonder if I should start fishing and try this again tomorrow. I have gotten every character to appear two or three times, but Kato refuses to show up. Been at it for about 90 minutes. I saw in a thread on gamefaqs, that initially, right after finishing rank 6, that you DO NOT return to the title screen before closing the game and beginning the process of getting the revenge characters to appear. To be clear, I only did this initially, as it was my habit to do so when I quit. Just mentioning this in case it matters. Should I try some fishing? What's happening right now is absurd. Either it's unbelievably bad luck, something is wrong, or Kato is, for some reason intentionally made to be less likely to appear.

I'm going to do 2 things.

1. Play against one of these revenge characters. And

2. Do some fishing.

I have been exiting and booting this game for 2 hours, and the one character I need to appear, is literally the only one that will not appear. I am at the point where some revenge match characters are showing up 6 or 7 times and I am losing my $h1t. This gaming at its worst, and truly frustrating. If aliens have been observing my actions this evening, I wouldn't blame them for destroying the Earth.

4 hours ago, COKTOE said:

Ha. I am going to keep at it then. I hope the guide here covers the instructions you have laid out. Regarding Kato and revenge matches though....this begins after rank 6 or 7? I have done some research and understand that who appears is random. If I don't get Kato I am to reload. Do I need to have a cloud save to do this? Really sorry for all the questions. I am pretty anxious and want to make sure I understand as much as possible.

Hey Mate 

Wishing you all the best Health Wise

Initially my post outlined how to beat Rank 6 most effectively, but I can see you've done that.

if you havnt started any of the Revenge Matches you can reroll until you get Kato.

Goodluck and then grind out the fishing as fast as you can and you should be fine to Platinum this after servers close.

Now that you are at rank 7, make sure you do the 3 condors with a glitched character (there is a thread here detailing how to get one if you need one) just so that secret character spawns (if you did the condors before rank 7 you need to do 1 more to make them appear)

Edited by Mr_Wright95

1 hour ago, COKTOE said:

I'm going to do 2 things.

1. Play against one of these revenge characters. And

2. Do some fishing.

I have been exiting and booting this game for 2 hours, and the one character I need to appear, is literally the only one that will not appear. I am at the point where some revenge match characters are showing up 6 or 7 times and I am losing my $h1t. This gaming at its worst, and truly frustrating. If aliens have been observing my actions this evening, I wouldn't blame them for destroying the Earth.

Since there are quite a few revenge characters (18), it is normal for Kato not to appear even after multiple re-rolls. With 1 in 18 odds, the chances of getting Kato is a little over 5% (so about a 95% chance you will see another character instead of Kato). It took me several re-rolls and I would say at least an hour or 2 before I actually got Kato so don't lose hope.

Otherwise, you can afford to beat 1 character who isn't Kato and just focus on getting your 3 condors (if the glitched course has the right conditions as I mentioned before) or yeah you can do some fishing and leave the rare fish for after you beat Kato. You'll be fine

It took me 62 resets for Kato to appear. On ps5, its almost exactly 1 minute per reset cycle. This was about 1 hour 15 minutes for me. Several characters repeated MANY times. Just keep at it, and he WILL appear.

I just beat him first try. He's not that tough. Used grade 1 long range clubs (not custom).

Edited by Rohsiph

10 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Be careful as I re-rolled him a few times before I realized he is dressed different than before. :facepalm:

If you go off the photo @TheRedMaverick supplied you should be good.

Yep. I was careful to use his screenshot as a reference. With all the testimonials here about how long it took to get him to appear, along with my own experience last night, I have to assume he appears less frequently by design.

You guys have all been great by the way. Incredibly helpful.✌️

23 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah you're pretty close, you can still make it. In the later ranks like 6, It's usually 3-4 tournaments to reach each VS character in a rank, so even if you're just starting rank 6, at most you'll be playing 12 tournaments plus facing 3 vs characters. If you're winning every time, this is like maybe 4-5 hours of gameplay to get through the rank.

Catching all the fish takes some grinding, so this will probably be another 4-5 hours just to catch all the fish (that's being conservative though, you might even finish sooner).

You should prioritize getting your 3 condors out of the way if you plan on using a glitched character as well. Even though this is technically doable offline, it will be way more difficult after the servers shut down. The online course where you do the glitch on (Kanaloa Beach Out) has to have official rules (regular or teeny cups) in order for the glitch to work, and this resets for everyone daily at 8PM EST. Because you only have 3 days left, you have to ensure that if the course has regular or teeny cups, you get the 3 condors out of the way.

Have to bug you again. I just turned it on and there is no revenge character. Exited and restarted and still nothing. So does it take 24 hours for another to appear? I beat Poncho in a revenge match at around 9PM last night. I wanted to get this done before I tried to go for the 3 condors, simply because I don't even fully grasp what to do for that yet, and hope to get this out of the way first.

Just now, COKTOE said:

Have to bug you again. I just turned it on and there is no revenge character. Exited and restarted and still nothing. So does it take 24 hours for another to appear? I beat Poncho in a revenge match at around 9PM last night. I wanted to get this done before I tried to go for the 3 condors, simply because I don't even fully grasp what to do for that yet, and hope to get this out of the way first.

You get a new revenge vs character each day. I'm not sure the exact time it rolls over to a new day, but I'd take a guess it might be midnight UTC, which is just over 2 hours away.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

You get a new revenge vs character each day. I'm not sure the exact time it rolls over to a new day, but I'd take a guess it might be midnight UTC, which is just over 2 hours away.

Yes, that’s the right time for the rollover. Midnight utc/8pm est. Will see a new Vs. character populate the home area and the online course rules will change then (if trying for condor glitch on Kanaloa).

• Like 1

I just noticed it says in the top corner "Today's Special Rank Revenge VS Character" with a picture Poncho attached to a Clear Banner. I am really sorry guys. My mental state is very poor. I was almost in Emergency again last night, and only didn't call an ambulance and go, as the nurse I was talking to emplored me to do, because I was so exhausted. Between the stress all the meds, and fatigue, I am having a tough time thinking clearly.

16 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

I just noticed it says in the top corner "Today's Special Rank Revenge VS Character" with a picture Poncho attached to a Clear Banner. I am really sorry guys. My mental state is very poor. I was almost in Emergency again last night, and only didn't call an ambulance and go, as the nurse I was talking to emplored me to do, because I was so exhausted. Between the stress all the meds, and fatigue, I am having a tough time thinking clearly.

Sorry to hear that and I hope things improve for you. All you need to do is wait two more hours and Poncho will be gone and someone new will be there. If it’s not Kato, close app, reroll like others mentioned. I would stick with it no matter how long it takes for him to show up because besides today, there’s only one or two more switches where can still fish on online courses. No point in going fishing yet until you have Kato’s improved bait. You’ll catch the same fish.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

So, I need a specific course with specific conditions.

I know the course and conditions are posted in this thread, so I can look that up, but is it possible this course and necessary conditions won't be available to me before time runs out?

I found the glitched character. It's #46 now.

Edited by COKTOE
Info

3 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

I know the course and conditions are posted in this thread, so I can look that up, but is it possible this course and necessary conditions won't be available to me before time runs out?

This is an unfortunate possibility, so the sooner you get his one done the better. Check today before the reset and if the conditions aren't right, after reset (an hour and 30ish minutes from this post), check again. You basically have a 50% chance each day that the conditions will be right

14 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

This is an unfortunate possibility, so the sooner you get his one done the better. Check today before the reset and if the conditions aren't right, after reset (an hour and 30ish minutes from this post), check again. You basically have a 50% chance each day that the conditions will be right

Oh sweet Jesus. I copied the character to a new box, and set it to male 3. Now to hope for some luck. I should be fine on that front because it's been so good lately. ?

14 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Ok course and conditions are right! Any specific instructions you can give that will help? Is there a hole I need to look for? I am going in blind here.

Course is loaded and I can't see anything. I have fallen through the environment. I can't make a shot!?

Edited by COKTOE
grammar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Oh sweet Jesus. I copied the character to a new box, and set it to male 3. Now to hope for some luck. I should be fine on that front because it's been so good lately. 1f642.png

Ok course and conditions are right! Any specific instructions you can give that will help? Is there a hole I need to look for? I am going in blind here.

Nice! It is hole 1. You can follow these steps:

1. Without starting hole 1, just walk to where the cup for hole 1 is (this may be a little tricky for you to find since there's no indication on the map to where the cup is. You can choose to just play the hole normally once just to get an idea of where the cup is)

2. Stand close to the hole (a distance you'd be comfortable putting from)

3. Switch to your glitched character

4. You will fall through the map and the menu will ask you if you would like to begin the hole. Say yes and the game now thinks you are starting from the start of the hole (meanwhile you are right next to the hole).

5. Switch back to your normal character

6. Putt the ball into the cup, and you will get a condor

7. Repeat these steps 2 more times (just switch back to the glitched character and it should ask you to start the hole again) to unlock the secret character related to condors

8. OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED - You can also earn your albatross shots this way as well. To get an albatross, intentionally miss the first shot (give it a little less power so it doesn't go in the hole). Then with your second shot, get it in the hole and you'll get an albatross. Get 5 albatrosses to unlock another secret character.

FYI if you try to take the shot with the glitched character instead of your normal character, it may give you a message saying the shot is not possible, so just ensure you switch to your normal character when you are actually taking the shot.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Oh sweet Jesus. I copied the character to a new box, and set it to male 3. Now to hope for some luck. I should be fine on that front because it's been so good lately. 1f642.png

Good on TheRedMaverick for posting the complete instructions above. Following that it should just take a few minutes and will get it before the reset and possible new rule changes on that course. Let us know if you get it, I’m rooting for you. I myself had 4 games with possible or confirmed server shutdowns on 9/30 and 10/1. Having done Everybody’s Golf I’m now working on Onrush. Oh joy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Nice! It is hole 1. You can follow these steps:

1. Without starting hole 1, just walk to where the cup for hole 1 is (this may be a little tricky for you to find since there's no indication on the map to where the cup is. You can choose to just play the hole normally once just to get an idea of where the cup is)

2. Stand close to the hole (a distance you'd be comfortable putting from)

3. Switch to your glitched character

4. You will fall through the map and the menu will ask you if you would like to begin the hole. Say yes and the game now thinks you are starting from the start of the hole (meanwhile you are right next to the hole).

5. Switch back to your normal character

6. Putt the ball into the cup, and you will get a condor

7. Repeat these steps 2 more times (just switch back to the glitched character and it should ask you to start the hole again) to unlock the secret character related to condors

8. OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED - You can also earn your albatross shots this way as well. To get an albatross, intentionally miss the first shot (give it a little less power so it doesn't go in the hole). Then with your second shot, get it in the hole and you'll get an albatross. Get 5 albatrosses to unlock another secret character.

I can't even. Lol. What a ridiculous exploit. It worked perfectly though thanks to your craker-jack instructions. All associated trophies and secret characters have been popped and unlocked respectively. ?

6 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Good on TheRedMaverick for posting the complete instructions above. Following that it should just take a few minutes and will get it before the reset and possible new rule changes on that course. Let us know if you get it, I’m rooting for you. I myself had 4 games with possible or confirmed server shutdowns on 9/30 and 10/1. Having done Everybody’s Golf I’m now working on Onrush. Oh joy.

Good luck bro. I still need to get Kato to appear and then get the fishing done, then the stress of time limitations is over.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2022 at 4:51 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

No worries, I understand how anxiety inducing this can be with imminent server closure.

To give you more info: as soon as you beat the last revenge character in rank 6 (Adam), you get promoted to rank 7. You actually won't see the revenge character immediately after this, you have to close the game and re-open the game to have your first revenge character appear. Before doing this, I do recommend making a cloud backup just to be absolutely safe (you can re-roll your revenge character without constantly restoring from a cloud save, but in the event you screw up somehow, it's good to have a cloud save as a fail safe).

So essentially this is what you do:

1. Beat rank 6 which will promote you to rank 7
2. Close your game and make a cloud backup
3. Launch the game again and when you enter the home area, see if the revenge character is Kato (without physically talking to the character, just look from afar in the VS character area or else you might 'lock in' whichever character appears on the stage and you won't be able to re-roll). He looks like this:

zp9zeMf.png

4. If you see any other character standing there, hold the PS button and quit the game.

5. Re-launch the game and check the home area again, you should now see a different character
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you see Kato standing there. If at any point you screw it up somehow (you generally won't as long as you follow these steps), revert to your cloud backup which should fix the game and allow you to continue re-rolling your characters

7. Once Kato is there, attempt to beat him, if you lose, revert to your cloud save and try the process all over again (re-roll to find Kato and beat him). Alternatively, you can also talk to Kato to 'lock him in' as your revenge character, but don't actually challenge him yet. Quit the game and make a new cloud save. This save will now let you repeatedly face Kato and revert back to the cloud save in the event you lose

After 3 and a half hours, I finally got Kato to appear, and then I decided to be extra safe and follow these instructions

"Alternatively, you can also talk to Kato to 'lock him in' as your revenge character, but don't actually challenge him yet. Quit the game and make a new cloud save. This save will now let you repeatedly face Kato and revert back to the cloud save in the event you lose.

This did not work. I was pretty upset. Like nauseous. I only talked to him. He was listed as the special challenge character in the top right. I quit out as I always do. Cloud saved. Started up the game, and he was replaced. Just a heads up for anyone who may see this.....although with server shutdown imminent, it probably won't matter. Thankfully he appeared again after 3 more attempts. Phew!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

After 3 and a half hours, I finally got Kato to appear, and then I decided to be extra safe and follow these instructions

"Alternatively, you can also talk to Kato to 'lock him in' as your revenge character, but don't actually challenge him yet. Quit the game and make a new cloud save. This save will now let you repeatedly face Kato and revert back to the cloud save in the event you lose.

This did not work. I was pretty upset. Like nauseous. I only talked to him. He was listed as the special challenge character in the top right. I quit out as I always do. Cloud saved. Started up the game, and he was replaced. Just a heads up for anyone who may see this.....although with server shutdown imminent, it probably won't matter. Thankfully he appeared again after 3 more attempts. Phew!

Hmm I guess I incorrectly assumed it would autosave when talking to him. Basically you have to perform some action to ensure the game autosaves so I'll update the write-up to specify that. Glad you got him though

10 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Hmm I guess I incorrectly assumed it would autosave when talking to him. Basically you have to perform some action to ensure the game autosaves so I'll update the write-up to specify that. Glad you got him though

Yeah, you should enter online lobby, fish somewhere (until the end or simply quit after one catch) or modify a character of yours in order to save.

Luckily, completing the fishes encyclopedia takes 3/4 hours according to your luck. And it does not requires too much money, 6.000 should be enough (I personally had 14.000 at start. But at the end I reached 16.000 thanks to fishin' prices).