• Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
    • Pokémon Emerald
    • Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
    • Pokémon Platinum
    • Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
    • Pokémon Black and White
    • Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
    • Pokémon X and Y

All of them. But my most favorite was Pokemon Crystal I loved it I took it with me everywhere but X and Y was way to easy with the XP share gives them to all the Pokemon so they were all strong and beat the elite for and the champion with one PKM I was a bit disappointed

The bigger problem probably lied with the fact that each E4 member only had, what, four Pokemon?

The game also stretches the first three gyms, tying them in with the storyline in which they let you face Team Flare a plenty, and then when that's over, rush the remainder of the gyms.

Didn't help that Delphox/Blaziken pretty much put the game in the bag for handling unknown enemy types (or Team Flare's very common Dark/Fire or Poison type-cast).

And if you didn't use Delphox/Blaziken (the broke speed boost Torchic being a Mystery Gift freebie until January), then you either had Greninja, which wiped out Flare, receiving neutral damage as a Water/Dark type. Or Chesnaught, a Grass/Fighting type who only feared their Fire attacks, but had enough Defense to hold out and OHKO them in return.

Personally, I think X & Y did a good job reintroducing an audience to the new world of Super Math Pokemon that they may have not have been familiar with. However, I don't think I'd be willing to toss my money at a Pokemon Z Version. xD

The bigger problem probably lied with the fact that each E4 member only had, what, four Pokemon?

The game also stretches the first three gyms, tying them in with the storyline in which they let you face Team Flare a plenty, and then when that's over, rush the remainder of the gyms.

Didn't help that Delphox/Blaziken pretty much put the game in the bag for handling unknown enemy types (or Team Flare's very common Dark/Fire or Poison type-cast).

And if you didn't use Delphox/Blaziken (the broke speed boost Torchic being a Mystery Gift freebie until January), then you either had Greninja, which wiped out Flare, receiving neutral damage as a Water/Dark type. Or Chesnaught, a Grass/Fighting type who only feared their Fire attacks, but had enough Defense to hold out and OHKO them in return.

Personally, I think X & Y did a good job reintroducing an audience to the new world of Super Math Pokemon that they may have not have been familiar with. However, I don't think I'd be willing to toss my money at a Pokemon Z Version. xD

Oh don't get me wrong I did love the game and I do agree PKM did and awesome job to introduce Kalos and Mega evolutions and the story line between team Flare and that Big dude ( he wasn't a challenge when battling) like I said the game was way to easy Gym leaders elite 4 also the champions all use full restore multiple time after they run out of using it then everything was cake unless I been playing Pokemon since yellow and I'm so experience xD lol but I'll do admit the Pokemon that became fairy type Tokekiss,mewhile,azumiral,etc screw me over I keep thinking there only normal,water,steel.. >_> and gave me a challenge a bit but I do so hate them Fairy type specially Azumaril he's OP Dx!!!

Well I used starmie they whole game it does have a good speed and Special attack

Thunderbolt

Surf

Ice beam

Recover

Edited by SleeppingForest

Well I used starmie they whole game it does have a good speed and Special attack

Thunderbolt

Surf

Ice beam

Recover

Same exact setup when I used him back on Pokemon Stadium. xD

Goes to show that he's still awesome five full generations later. xP

Since I didn't catch Staryu or Starmie until end game, I found myself using Slowbro instead. In fact, he's still on my competitive team. xD

Not sure why they haven't tried it yet.

Only reason I could imagine would either have something to do with the limitations in cartridge storage, or because there'd be a huge disparity in Gym Leader Pokemon levels.

For instance, you can finish the first gym at level 10-12, but by the time you'd hit Gym Leader # 22, you could easily already be level 80+.

The Elite Four/Twenty would have to have Pokemon between the levels of 95-100. xD

That's a very valid reason for it, but I think the real reason they don't do it is because it would impede on sales, especially of remakes. If you could go to every region in a single set of games, there would be no excuse not to be able to capture every type of Pokemon between the two current versions of the game, with the exception of event Pokemon. So, if they wanted to do a remake like they did with Gold/Silver, there'd be less of a reason to play it, since you can already get all of the Pokemon from the game, and already beat all of the gym leaders from that region anyway.

It would also make each subsequent game incredibly tedious. If each game added on a new region, and new set of 8 badges, it would take forever to beat the game entirely each time. I mean, it already takes a decent amount of time to play through and get 8 badges. For me, it took about 20 hours my first time through Y. So, you can imagine how long it would take to go through and get all 48 badges.

It would also impede on the social interaction that the Pokemon series was made for(it was originally designed to get kids to interact more, which is why it's always on handhelds). If you could just get one friend with the opposite version, you could get all the Pokemon with little interaction with anyone else, and would make the GTS pretty useless. Especially since you can't trade event pokemon on the GTS anymore. If you're really hardcore, you could just get both versions yourself and get all the Pokemon solo. Right now, there are Pokemon from older games that are pretty rare, just because they haven't been around in a while. Like Unown is fairly rare right now. So, you have to find someone who transferred from an older game and trade with them, or you need to have bought the previous games and transferred it yourself.

Back to my original point, if every game had all the regions, there would be no reason to buy remakes and would make each game feel far more tedious, which would impede on sales of the series.

That being said, it's like some kind of wet dream for there to be every region in one game. I would absolutely love it if they did a compilation game where you could go to every region, fight every set of Elite Four, and then fight every past playable trainer, like you did with Red in Gold/Silver. Honestly though, I'd be happy with just 2 or 3 regions in one game. Like instead of getting the rumored Ruby/Sapphire remake, they could just add in that region to the next game, along with the new one. I think that would be a more interesting way to do it.

Same exact setup when I used him back on Pokemon Stadium. xD

Goes to show that he's still awesome five full generations later. xP

Since I didn't catch Staryu or Starmie until end game, I found myself using Slowbro instead. In fact, he's still on my competitive team. xD

Starmie is OP xD always have it on my time ever xD

Slowbro I've never used one before

For me it would be a toss up between HeartGold/Soulsilver and X/Y.

My first game was Red, and while that feeling of excitement will never come back, those are the games that added the most for me.

Although I really liked Gold/Silver, the remakes were amazing, I loved the way your Pokemon could follow you around and I really liked the PokeAthlon.

In X/Y I love the 3D battles, it's like having Pokemon Stadium in your pocket and I've waited for that for years. It might sound stupid to say, but the effort I put into IV/EV breeding a shiny Ninetales and training it up for battle, makes me feel even more attached to my Pokemon than ever before.

I do wish they made the Pokewalker compatible for it though, that thing was awesome.

Black/White I just couldn't get into, they were very disappointing games imo, especially B2/W2. I have W2 and still never really brought myself to getting past the second gym and once I'd beaten the Champ in Black I never went back to do any of the post-game stuff.

That Gen was just so boring for me, as such I find X/Y to be a wonderful relief that we finally got a good Gen again.

Edited by Lion-Lhasa