I messed up years ago and want to start this again

jacklemaitre98

After the recent GTA 6 leaks I've been determined to get the platinum for GTA 3 up to 5, when I was younger I unlocked the 100% completion trophy for GTA 4 using a save I downloaded from an old forum, is there any way of starting my trophies again so I can do it all legit? I've thought about making a US account and buying it digitally but I'm unsure if that would have a separate trophy list or if it would all be the same as my UK disc copy that I originally had.

Trophies are based on disc region. So for most games it would still be the same trophy list from before if you're using the original disc but usually not the same if you use the U.S. digital download since most of the time it's a different region, however DLC would not be compatible from a US based account if you download it digitally since the game disc is not from the US.

In the case of GTA 4 it's a single world wide list so there are no regional differences with the trophies.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

17 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Trophies are based on disc region. So for most games it would still be the same trophy list from before if you're using the original disc but usually not the same if you use the U.S. digital download since most of the time it's a different region, however DLC would not be compatible from a US based account if you download it digitally since the game disc is not from the US.

In the case of GTA 4 it's a single world wide list so there are no regional differences with the trophies.

Thanks for the reply, so I'm pretty much out of luck then and stuck with the 100% trophy and no way of starting fresh without making a new account? I hate my 15 year old self

3 minutes ago, jacklemaitre98 said:

Thanks for the reply, so I'm pretty much out of luck then and stuck with the 100% trophy and no way of starting fresh without making a new account? I hate my 15 year old self

If you start a fresh account you'll have no trophies and can re-earn them, but there's no different regional lists for GTA.

But having a different regional account from where you live may cause issues with digital content if you want to make new purchases.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, jacklemaitre98 said:

After the recent GTA 6 leaks I've been determined to get the platinum for GTA 3 up to 5, when I was younger I unlocked the 100% completion trophy for GTA 4 using a save I downloaded from an old forum, is there any way of starting my trophies again so I can do it all legit? I've thought about making a US account and buying it digitally but I'm unsure if that would have a separate trophy list or if it would all be the same as my UK disc copy that I originally had.

wait a sec here....is your list synced properly?....it shows you having only 6 trophies in gra iv on your profile...is this correct?...

edit: my recommendation would be to first, hide the game's trophy list on psn if you care about your leaderboard stats here...then, delete the gta iv profile data on your console and restart the game...it's worth playing if you like the series and you can get all of the trophies just fine still...two cents...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

shouldn't this warrant a ban?

By the site rules, he should have to hide GTA 4 from his list since he admitted to using someone else's save file which is not allowed, however his profile says he only has 6 trophies which means he might have done this on a different account. As long as he didn't do it on this account, he should be fine which seems likely but then the whole post is confusing. We need more information.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:00 PM, jacklemaitre98 said:

You only have 6 trophies according to the site, so nothing is stopping you from just doing it, unless your trophies aren't synced properly, did you even check?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

By the site rules, he should have to hide GTA 4 from his list since he admitted to using someone else's save file which is not allowed, however his profile says he only has 6 trophies which means he might have done this on a different account. As long as he didn't do it on this account, he should be fine which seems likely but then the whole post is confusing. We need more information.

You only have 6 trophies according to the site, so nothing is stopping you from just doing it, unless your trophies aren't synced properly, did you even check?

A weird self report if i've ever seen one

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

wait a sec here....is your list synced properly?....it shows you having only 6 trophies in gra iv on your profile...is this correct?...

5 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

He used a save file to pop the trophy that requires 100% completion, he didn't pop the whole list 

I would consider starting a whole new profile if I was OP, you don't have that many trophies yet and you can carry over the games you've bought on your main account

Just now, MD_91 said:

He used a save file to pop the trophy that requires 100% completion, he didn't pop the whole list 

I would consider starting a whole new profile if I was OP, you don't have that many trophies yet and you can carry over the games you've bought on your main account

Ahh, I didn't check what trophies were unlocked. This is basically a self-report... lol

Just now, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Ahh, I didn't check what trophies were unlocked. This is basically a self-report... lol

He's already off the leaderboard with several cheated games on his list which is why I would just start a new profile 

On 10/6/2022 at 2:09 AM, MD_91 said:

He's already off the leaderboard with several cheated games on his list which is why I would just start a new profile 

I also didn't notice he was off the leaderboards, but I don't think he'll care enough to start a new profile just to be on a meaningless leaderboard, unless you're hardcore into trophy hunting and aiming for like top 50 it really doesn't matter. It's his choice at the end of the day but I doubt he'll want to have a new username and non of his digitally owned games among other things, like losing progress in online games.

Edited by Phoenixgaming1
Typos

23 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

yep, but there is nothing preventing OP from enjoying the game and its trophies nonetheless is where I was coming from...they'll still have to do a tonne of groundwork for the %100 so the save file did very little to save time earning the game's trophies...ironically perhaps....

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

yep, but there is nothing preventing OP from enjoying the game and its trophies nonetheless is where I was coming from...they'll still have to do a tonne of groundwork for the %100 so the save file did very little to save time earning the game's trophies...ironically perhaps....

Yeah I should've read your edit properly before replying lol, I guess it depends on how much it would bother OP to complete GTA 4 with a trophy they didn't earn themselves on there because like you say ironically popping that trophy hasn't really made the completion any easier