Self-improvement

Desavenencia

A few minutes ago, I saw that a player has unlocked this trophy months ago. The servers are supposed to be up and running to get it, but it is a trophy that specifically makes me doubt... So I went into that player profile to see if he really was a cheater... and, to my surprise, it is the only online trophy that he unlocked. To be more specific, that was the only online trophy he unlocked alongside the rest of his single player campaign trophies.

I wonder, even knowing that IOI has not restored the servers yet, precisely because it is the only "online" trophy that unlocks outside of 《contracts mode》 and because he does not have any of the trophies from that multiplayer mode.

Check what I say by entering the trophy link and you will see the player I am referring to, who won the trophy on July 8, 2022. I did not want to report him as a cheater in doubt that maybe he is not.

Is it possible that this trophy can be unlocked without being connected to the servers?

Self-improvement

Buy an upgrade

4 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

A few minutes ago, I saw that a player has unlocked this trophy months ago. The servers are supposed to be up and running to get it, but it is a trophy that specifically makes me doubt... So I went into that player profile to see if he really was a cheater... and, to my surprise, it is the only online trophy that he unlocked. To be more specific, that was the only online trophy he unlocked alongside the rest of his single player campaign trophies.

I wonder, even knowing that IOI has not restored the servers yet, precisely because it is the only "online" trophy that unlocks outside of 《contracts mode》 and because he does not have any of the trophies from that multiplayer mode.

Check what I say by entering the trophy link and you will see the player I am referring to, who won the trophy on July 8, 2022. I did not want to report him as a cheater in doubt that maybe he is not.

Is it possible that this trophy can be unlocked without being connected to the servers?

Self-improvement

Buy an upgrade

It's an interesting situation for sure.

I don't believe this trophy can be unlocked without being connected only because if you look at every unattainable trophy in the list, you'll see the last trophy to be unlocked was May 24, 2018, including the trophy in question, "Self-improvement".  To only have 1 player unlock 1 trophy out of 8 unattainable trophies (minus the Platinum) in almost 4 1/2 years since the servers shutdown doesn't seem legit to me.  I'm not saying the person who obtained the trophy is a cheater.  I suspect if no other online trophies were unlocked there was some kind of glitch that occurred and unlocked that trophy.    

I further investigated by checking the 100 percent completion list for Absolution.  I found that there's 329 players that got the Platinum AFTER May 24th, meaning, they already had these unattainable trophies unlocked prior to the May 24th shutdown.  Point being, to have 329 players unlock the Platinum in almost 4 1/2 years but only one player to unlock one unattainable trophy out of 8 in the same timeframe seems very suspect to me.  Again, not saying this player is cheating because why wouldn't they unlock all of the unattainable trophies but I suspect a glitch or some unexpected thing occurred that unlocked that trophy.

Edited by Paperclip1776
Updated info

19 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

It's an interesting situation for sure.

I don't believe this trophy can be unlocked without being connected only because if you look at every unattainable trophy in the list, you'll see the last trophy to be unlocked was May 24, 2018, including the trophy in question, "Self-improvement".  To only have 1 player unlock 1 trophy out of 8 unattainable trophies (minus the Platinum) in almost 4 1/2 years since the servers shutdown doesn't seem legit to me.  I'm not saying the person who obtained the trophy is a cheater.  I suspect if no other online trophies were unlocked there was some kind of glitch that occurred and unlocked that trophy.    

I further investigated by checking the 100 percent completion list for Absolution.  I found that there's 329 players that got the Platinum AFTER May 24th, meaning, they already had these unattainable trophies unlocked prior to the May 24th shutdown.  Point being, to have 329 players unlock the Platinum in almost 4 1/2 years but only one player to unlock one unattainable trophy out of 8 in the same timeframe seems very suspect to me.  Again, not saying this player is cheating because why wouldn't they unlock all of the unattainable trophies but I suspect a glitch or some unexpected thing occurred that unlocked that trophy.

I understand and share your point of view. In normal situations, when we detect a cheater it is obvious, since they unlock all the trophies previously inaccessible due to a server closure, end of season or service. In fact, there are some that are very evident when winning all the trophies with just a few seconds of difference from the first to the last, either by modifying the data of the PS3 system through a computer or with modified save data, among others equally fraudulent techniques.

The point is that here we have a normal player, since we have no proof that he has cheated in any case and I have not seen anything unusual in any of his other games. And this is what yesterday led me to open this thread in the forum. The conclusion we can reach here is that there is a possibility of winning that trophy legally.

It seems unlikely that it was intentionally cheated. Why go out of your way to illegitimately unlock one unobtainable trophy and not the rest? I assume when people cheat on purpose they typically unlock all the trophies including the platinum.

I guess someone could look at the situation closer to determine what's going on, or even ask the user themselves directly.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:34 PM, Snake_1302 said:

It seems unlikely that it was intentionally cheated. Why go out of your way to illegitimately unlock one unobtainable trophy and not the rest? I assume when people cheat on purpose they typically unlock all the trophies including the platinum.

That is the conclusion we are all coming to. It will be necessary to test the game again and check if there is a way to obtain the trophy. Perhaps playing without installing patches, deleting game files, deleting save game files, etc.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:34 PM, Snake_1302 said:

I guess someone could look at the situation closer to determine what's going on, or even ask the user themselves directly.

Yeah... Actually, the other day I tried to send him a message through PS App, but he seems to have public chat turned off... so I sent him a friend request instead. I'm still waiting. Perhaps he can provide useful information if the trophy turns out to be legitimately obtainable.

• 2 months later...

It’s been more than two months since I created this topic in the forum. The player in question has not yet answered me... although it seems that he doesn’t play on a regular basis, since he hasn’t won a new trophy for a month; taking into consideration that he unlocked his Hitman: Absolution trophies in a period of a year, he looks like a casual gamer or something like that.

In any case, since I haven’t received any response, I’m preparing to investigate first-hand whether it’s possible to unlock the trophy in question in a natural way. I have never done anything like this, so if someone with experience in these tasks can shed light on the matter, I would be grateful. Maybe someone from the cheater team — @B1rvine @grimydawg___ @MMDE @Squirlruler — can help me here to try different methods. For now, I’m going to delete all the files on my console and try to play without installing any patch, to see if the trophy pops that way. Any suggestions will be welcome.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:40 AM, Desavenencia said:

It’s been more than two months since I created this topic in the forum. The player in question has not yet answered me... although it seems that he doesn’t play on a regular basis, since he hasn’t won a new trophy for a month; taking into consideration that he unlocked his Hitman: Absolution trophies in a period of a year, he looks like a casual gamer or something like that.

In any case, since I haven’t received any response, I’m preparing to investigate first-hand whether it’s possible to unlock the trophy in question in a natural way. I have never done anything like this, so if someone with experience in these tasks can shed light on the matter, I would be grateful. Maybe someone from the cheater team — @B1rvine @grimydawg___ @MMDE @Squirlruler — can help me here to try different methods. For now, I’m going to delete all the files on my console and try to play without installing any patch, to see if the trophy pops that way. Any suggestions will be welcome.

I wish you the best!  I also have zero knowledge trying to detect a glitch as I have little time already to play.  You and others that spend the time to investigate a glitch or look for other odd anomalies is appreciated.  Hopefully you'll find something that will unlock the trophy and you could share it with the rest of the Hitman: Absolution community.  Unfortunately, the community will need a glitch for the other 7 online trophies but maybe it will help that rare player that has already unlocked the other online trophies.  Who knows.  Good luck!

• 6 months later...

So I can confirm that it is absolutely possible to earn "self improvement" without cheating. The player in question simply earned an amount of less then 1 million $$$ by playing contracts before the servers closed down. He probably didn't care about trophies at the time and played none of the tutorials or contract creator modes. He made just enough to get the minimum amount upgrade (which is done through the main menu NOT in the contracts menu) and he still had that save and purchased the upgrade last July. For anyone that has never played contracts mode "self improvement" is unobtainable.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/6/2023 at 2:59 AM, brodey4455 said:

So I can confirm that it is absolutely possible to earn "self improvement" without cheating. The player in question simply earned an amount of less then 1 million $$$ by playing contracts before the servers closed down. He probably didn't care about trophies at the time and played none of the tutorials or contract creator modes. He made just enough to get the minimum amount upgrade (which is done through the main menu NOT in the contracts menu) and he still had that save and purchased the upgrade last July. For anyone that has never played contracts mode "self improvement" is unobtainable.

It’s probably true that there’s a way to unlock that trophy in a legit way. I still haven’t found the solution to that.

What’s certain isn’t correct is what you say about contracts… I played contracts mode and accumulated more than a million dollars, but that money was lost when the servers were closed. That’s why I didn’t get the weapons upgrade trophy.

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 9:35 AM, Desavenencia said:

It’s probably true that there’s a way to unlock that trophy in a legit way. I still haven’t found the solution to that.

What’s certain isn’t correct is what you say about contracts… I played contracts mode and accumulated more than a million dollars, but that money was lost when the servers were closed. That’s why I didn’t get the weapons upgrade trophy.

well damn

i lost my save file when i first played long ago, not sure if ill find it through my copies on my computer. was hoping to find it, have the cash stored, and buy an upgrade

still going to look for it and see what i can do. too bad too cause i did all the othee online stuff. though i remember looking through a guide and i purposely did the online stuff...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 7:37 AM, PARTANK said:

well damn

i lost my save file when i first played long ago, not sure if ill find it through my copies on my computer. was hoping to find it, have the cash stored, and buy an upgrade

still going to look for it and see what i can do. too bad too cause i did all the othee online stuff. though i remember looking through a guide and i purposely did the online stuff...

I got screwed on the PSNP guide as well. It's part of the Contracts content, but it's not listed in that section. Since Contracts is what was going down, and I did everything in there, I thought I was good. Nope. It really blows. I'm doing the story now and I'm going to be left with this trophy and the plat unearned here in a few days.

You can tell the guide author doesn't actually know what the trophy is for. His description says "Make sure that you've progressed enough through the main story. You can also kill Lenny in the desert in the 10th chapter, "End of the Road." Find the hidden items. Use the video below to help you." and then he links a campaign video for getting weapons in the story.

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 10:05 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

I got screwed on the PSNP guide as well. It's part of the Contracts content, but it's not listed in that section. Since Contracts is what was going down, and I did everything in there, I thought I was good. Nope. It really blows. I'm doing the story now and I'm going to be left with this trophy and the plat unearned here in a few days.

You can tell the guide author doesn't actually know what the trophy is for. His description says "Make sure that you've progressed enough through the main story. You can also kill Lenny in the desert in the 10th chapter, "End of the Road." Find the hidden items. Use the video below to help you." and then he links a campaign video for getting weapons in the story.

yep, the exact same thing happened to me. was quite pissed since this was my last trophy for plat, then quickly realized i couldnt obtain it

Edited by PARTANK