New "New Game+" mode for easy trophies

bioxz

Together with season 8 we got a new game mode called "New Game+". This mode allows to start with modified gameplay rules and unlocks trophies! Some of these options are:

• Start at rank 30
  • Start with 500000 money units
  • Make all cars (even those found on maps) available in the store from the beginning
  • Make all cars available for free

I guess someone has to see what is possible with this new mode, but this will make all trophies WAY easier. Some you can now even got for free: I was missing the "All trucks" trophies from the PS4 migration and was able to unlock them by just starting at rank 30 and buy all trucks for free. As I already owned all other trophies I wasn't able to make any additional tests, but maybe this mode even unlocks the "reach rank 30 trophy".

183e031ebab8-screenshot-Url.jpg?dl=1

Edited by bioxz
Fixed wording
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, oswald41 said:

does anyone know if mods make the game easier and the platinum faster?

Likely faster. If you look at the trophy list, there are only a few trophies which are actually related to the vanilla maps. All vehicles, even those hidden in maps, can be gained using the new mode. The "Complete every contract, task and contest" trophies track, as far as I know, only a number of tasks -- so it doesn't matter where you get these from (please correct me here is this is wrong, but I know of people getting these trophies playing almost only DLC maps). There are maps which have super simple and easy tasks to grind this, but I have no idea how (or even if) mod map progress is stored in your account. If the progress is tracked in % on the PS5 you could use that feature to figure out what works.

Definitely easier. There are completely overpowered mod vehicles you can use to get the map specific achievements and there are money cheats available to flood the map with as many upgraded trucks and trailers you want.

23 hours ago, bioxz said:

Together with season 8 we got a new game mode called "New Game+". This mode allows to start with modified gameplay rules and unlocks trophies! Some of these options are:

• Start at rank 30
  • Start with 500000 money units
  • Make all cars (even those found on maps) available in the store from the beginning
  • Make all cars available for free

I guess someone has to see what is possible with this new mode, but this will make all trophies WAY easier. Some you can now even got for free: I was missing the "All trucks" trophies from the PS4 migration and was able to unlock them by just starting at rank 30 and buy all trucks for free. As I already owned all other trophies I wasn't able to make any additional tests, but maybe this mode even unlocks the "reach rank 30 trophy".

183e031ebab8-screenshot-Url.jpg?dl=1

I was missing the “All trucks” trophy on PS5 from the autopop of my PS4 save and tried the same, buying all trucks for free from the shop in a new game + save. Sadly, the trophy did not pop. The in game trophy tracker still says I have unlocked all trophies, just as it did on my PS4. 

6 minutes ago, LifeInTheFactory said:

I was missing the “All trucks” trophy on PS5 from the autopop of my PS4 save and tried the same, buying all trucks for free from the shop in a new game + save. Sadly, the trophy did not pop. The in game trophy tracker still says I have unlocked all trophies, just as it did on my PS4. 

Did you remove your PS5 savegame data before trying it? You can not unlock additional trophies after the PS4 import.

3 hours ago, bioxz said:

Did you remove your PS5 savegame data before trying it? You can not unlock additional trophies after the PS4 import.

No, I didn’t. Do you have to remove all save data, then do the trophies, and then re-download save data from the cloud?

I currently don’t have PS+ on the account I’m playing on, so I wouldn’t be able to do that right now. 

• 2 months later...
On 16.10.2022 at 3:09 PM, bioxz said:

Likely faster. If you look at the trophy list, there are only a few trophies which are actually related to the vanilla maps. All vehicles, even those hidden in maps, can be gained using the new mode. The "Complete every contract, task and contest" trophies track, as far as I know, only a number of tasks -- so it doesn't matter where you get these from (please correct me here is this is wrong, but I know of people getting these trophies playing almost only DLC maps). There are maps which have super simple and easy tasks to grind this, but I have no idea how (or even if) mod map progress is stored in your account. If the progress is tracked in % on the PS5 you could use that feature to figure out what works.

Definitely easier. There are completely overpowered mod vehicles you can use to get the map specific achievements and there are money cheats available to flood the map with as many upgraded trucks and trailers you want.

I just tested the first DLC. It’s not counting towards any progress and I think it will be the same for the other DLCs then.

Now I have my old PS4 Save but like 10 days before achieving platinum. Hopefully finishing the last 20 quests on my old save will also unlock the trophy. I am so scared about glitched trophies nowadays ?. Because if it doesn’t pop, I can’t just go to any DLC for the counter to rise.

Also all the new missions stuff is kinda weird on an old save cause you can’t track your progress now as easy as before. Fingers crossed ?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried all of the variations described here and in the other thread with a PS+ subscription to keep my saves: free vehicles and buy everything or random money and buy/sell all vehicles. I deleted my save games beforehand, of course. But no luck. I was kind of hoping to unlock this one as number 100, but I can't figure out what's not working. I bought trucks from different garages, bought all the American trucks at the same time, all trucks, all except the DLc trucks. Not sure what's wrong.

Edited by LifeInTheFactory