Your Feelings on Thief?

xzeusyx

It would be pretty cool. Too bad I honestly don't know how to get the last one haha :(

This is from playstationtrophies.org but maybe you have seen it already.

Guide:  http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/thief/227550-thief-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Finder's Keepers

The trophy that will make the difference between whether you can earn this game's platinum or not. This trophy requires you to access all of the secret areas in this game, both the ones in story/client missions as well as the ones in the City. Secret areas basically refer to any hidden pathway that is accessed by prying open a previously inaccessible hidden window via a rope arrow, or crawling through a duct by unscrewing vent covers. Although often times you will see a +New Map noticication on the top right corner screen when you enter these secret areas, secret areas are not restricted to these locations. Everytime you enter a secret area, you should hear a "chime" play in the background; serving as an indicator that you found a secret area.

Unfortunately, there is no way to track which secret areas you've already been in nor is there an in-game tracker in the game. So it comes down to a process of elimination and looking throuhg every possible route there is in the game. The horrible in-game map design in this game also does not help in making things easier.

As of this moment, there is no video or walkthrough to guide you in finding all of the secret areas. Instead, please refer to this thread in the meantime for tips: Finders Keepers

• Like 1

I was extremely excited to play this game the day it was first announced.  When I first started playing it, I was disappointed in it.  I didn't really start enjoying the game until I got up to Chapter 3.  Finding locations is a pain in the ass in this game.  Not worth the $60 I dropped into this game, but definitely a game people should give a shot when it becomes cheaper.  I give it about a 6.5/10 review.

Been playing Thief on PC, since I was used to older ones this way.

I have to agree, Thief 4 is more directed into Dishonored than into Thief 3: Deadly Shadows.

Of course, pressure is on stealth, but I found this part waay easier than it's predecessors. 

But it all changed when I played with Focus Mode off, and on harder difficulties.

As per Dishonored, both titles get more on higher difficulties with extra boundaries set by the player.

If you enjoyed playing around with Corvo, then Garret will deliver a lot of fun as well. 

The game feels better to me on the console, more intuitive and it's a tiny bit harder.

To be honest, I'm enjoying the game, not to the fullest, but once you turn off the Focus Mode, it becomes the old good Thief 3 again.

Kudos, I give it around 7+/10, it's a step forward for our sneaky thief, however it's nowhere close to perfection. 

TL;DR - 

Thief for sneaking, stealth and stealing stuff (which is fun AF, if you enjoy looking for collectibles).

Dishonored for a less linear approach, combat is way more important.

Dishonored for a less linear approach

So far (sixth chapter) this struck me the most. I liked Dishonored when it came out. It was one of my favorite games of 2012, but stealth stuff in that game wasn't exactly a focus as you mentioned. It was a cool action game with some "sneaky sneaky" involved thanks to the level design. In Thief, the combat is not an option, but the levels aren't exactly designed with stealth in mind. You're sneaking around thanks to some mechanics like the dash and broken AI, but levels are super linear and limit your possibilites. Even the City hub is split into small sectors instead of giving larger space to mess around. I still enjoy the game, but I remember past 3 Thief games were giving me far more options. Here I get one or two ways to finish a level.

Edited by lbrowsky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Im actually starting to enjoy this game, when i first started playing it i wasn't too sure whether i would like it or not. Yeah there are some negatives like it can be at times repetative, finding your way around the map can be frustrating as you get lost easily especially trying to find areas on side missions or tryin g to find how to replay a chapter can be a balls ache, dissapointing graphics for a ps4 game, melee is just plain useless. Apart from that its a fairly good game and i would give it 7/10

• 2 months later...

I preordered it for £35/$60 in February and I don't regret it, the game came out cheaper than a lot of PS4 games and I think this price works well.

People say it's a bad game, it is not in any way a bad game, it's actually a pretty good game, just it's a slow paced stealth thieving experience, don't be expecting it to be something that would be fast paced or something friends would like to play with you because that's not the kind of game it is.

The stealth gameplay is fun but a lot of people including me who did enjoy the game, did not care for the story. The story is ignorable and the game is still great fun.

• 1 month later...

Being a big fan of dishonored, i thought this would be boring and i wasn't gonna get it... but then i saw it sitting in in a sorta 3d steelbook packaging and thought 'oooooooooh shiny!!!' :) and ended up picking it up. turns out, i actually like the mechanics and the graphics are great, so apart from the lame story i quite enjoy it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Easily one of the worst game I've played on PS4. The framerate is horrific and the cut scene look more like ps2 than ps4. The gameplay is okay when the framerate isn't unbearable. I got it for 29.99 and I actually might not even bother to go platinum on that one. It's just too terrible. I would give this game a 2/10. They should be ashamed to have release such a terrible game. The voice acting is okay though.