Cel Damage HD Coming to Sony Consoles

Parker

This is awesome news. Cel Damage on Xbox is one of my favorite games of that generation and it will be even more awesome on the PlayStation 4 in HD. I've always wanted them to remake this in HD but I never thought it was popular enough to do so, I'm glad I was wrong. 

Finish Line Games announced the high-definition re-release of Cel Damage this April for several Sony systems.

Cel Damage HD will be released as a cross-buy, single purchase for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Vita. The original Cel Damage came out in 2001 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and Nintendo GameCube.

The cel-drawn demolition derby-style racer borrows gameplay elements from the Twisted Metal franchise. Players will be able to destroy opponents and their vehicles using a wide array of weapons. Cel Damage HD will have split-screen four-person multiplayer on the console versions.

"With Cel Damage HD, we’re bringing back one of our favorite mash-ups of classic vehicle combat games and cartoon animation to give players the distinct experience of playing as if they are in a cartoon," said Finish Line co-founder Daniel Posner. "We are excited to see how modern day fans react to this merging of mediums."

Source: IGN

Some more gameplay from the original...

This is definitely a day one purchase for me. 

Parker

Never heard of this. Good choice in reviewers. I tend to respect Classic Game Room's opinions the most.

Mark is by far my favorite game reviewer ever, but I'm not really a fan of Undertow. It was the best quality video I could find though. 

Parker

I loved this on xbox too. Thats amazing that this game will be seeing new life. It looked good then in my opinion but now oh man i cannot wait

This is awesome news. Cel Damage on Xbox is one of my favorite games of that generation and it will be even more awesome on the PlayStation 4 in HD. I've always wanted them to remake this in HD but I never thought it was popular enough to do so, I'm glad I was wrong

This is definitely a day one purchase for me. 

Parker

Will be adding you to play this haha

• Like 1

• 1 year later...