Warning about Veteran

2 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

There is a glitch in the game where some missions won't count or appear on the mission select screen. Restarting the game should fix it but any completed missions when this bug was activated (probably on mission 6: Cartel protection) won't count for the veteran trophy. The trophy for completing all missions on any difficulty should unlock and it's not affected by this bug.

Here is what happened to me and one of my friends: I started the game and played missions 6-9 in one setting then halfway through mission 10 I closed the game. A few hours later, started the game again and went to the mission select screen. Mission 6 wasn't completed and missions 7-9 were not there. However, mission 10 was there (Here is an image). Every subsequent mission including mission 10 was marked as completed but not on veteran which means no trophy. Highest completed difficulty is blank like in this image:

Reveal hidden contents

eb2e30.jpg

All these missions have to be done again on veteran for the trophy. Completing the missing missions is not enough. My advice is to always quit to the main menu after completing each level and check the mission select screen. 

Also, after MW2 crashes it changes the difficulty back to the default of regular. You need to restart the mission and change it, otherwise the rest your playthrough will be on regular even if it seems you're taking veteran level damage during gameplay. Though I haven't found anyone except me with this issue specific issue. Just be mindful of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Princejeffy said:

Also, after MW2 crashes it changes the difficulty back to the default of regular. You need to restart the mission and change it, otherwise the rest your playthrough will be on regular even if it seems you're taking veteran level damage during gameplay. Though I haven't found anyone except me with this issue specific issue. Just be mindful of it.

I actually came here to say exactly this as soon as I saw this thread. I streamed the entire campaign on veteran but had a crash towards the end which caused the game to unwittingly revert down to regular. If anyone crashes, make sure to change the difficulty back up to vet!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...