New Tales From The Borderlands TROPHY GUIDE & ROADMAP

5 minutes ago, laddyvalentine said:

For Ock to die it's good to play all of Chapter 5 again:

- Shoot yourself in the cell.
- Ask the guards for a compliment when you have Brock.
- Push LOU13 into Tediore's guard.
- Play with the voice in the Echodex, when Tediore's guard is closing the door.
- Choose nasty answers for Anu during the fight that anticipates the loss of LOU13.
- I make the end by separating from the fragment, and in it make Ock say "no" to Eridium.

If that doesn't work, try merging with the shard and choosing to embrace Anu. And if it doesn't work again, try choosing the fragment at the end.

One of those worked for me, I really just don't remember which one it was, lol.

I’ll give it a try, thanks!! Just want all of this replaying to be over

2 hours ago, laddyvalentine said:

- Choose nasty answers for Anu during the fight that anticipates the loss of LOU13.
- I make the end by separating from the fragment, and in it make Ock say "no" to Eridium.

If that doesn't work, try merging with the shard and choosing to embrace Anu. And if it doesn't work again, try choosing the fragment at the end.

Thanks! I follow your steps and got it. Just have the neutral ending left!

16 minutes ago, laddyvalentine said:

I'm glad it works!

If you get neutral, can you give me the recipe? I've been trying for 2 days and nothing.

Sure thing! If I got it, I will put a picture here of my list of choices!

Edited by OneOksana
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, laddyvalentine said:

thank you for this. Worked a treat. 

could someone please post in a similar format to the above how they got Fran’s ending to pop? It’s the last one I have and I can’t for the life of me get it to trigger.. Have tried for hours. I enter the final Ep with her and Anu’s relationship at 40% and it always skyrockets into the high 50s by the end of it, seemingly no matter with what decisions I make!! I’m trying to get her ending to unlock with the pointers in the OP and in some of the other comments - make her angry and don’t mention her name when shooting the final boss - I’ve managed to get Oc’s ending three times and the neutral ending twice when concentrating on this. It’d almost be quicker to go back to chapter 2 or 3 and just always pick bad options when talking to her, but this game is so vague with what is actually a good/bad option that in trying to do that I’d probably get her relationship to 100% instead!

Really want to be done with this trash game!! 

Edited by OTPYG

For some reason, although I had the skateboards at over 80% - I didn't receive Zer0. He's the last Vauntlander I need. Is there something I've missed?

EDIT: So, I basically had to re-play the last chapter of episode 5 to get it to register Zer0 for some reason. I love this game but man is it really trying my patience lmao.

Edited by xScottTehHunterx

2 hours ago, xScottTehHunterx said:

For some reason, although I had the skateboards at over 80% - I didn't receive Zer0. He's the last Vauntlander I need. Is there something I've missed?

EDIT: So, I basically had to re-play the last chapter of episode 5 to get it to register Zer0 for some reason. I love this game but man is it really trying my patience lmao.

Yeah I encountered this too. At the end of the game despite meeting the criteria for all 4 Vaultlanders to unlock I only got 1. Had to finish the final chapter an additional 3 times to get the other 3 to pop. All 4 popped individually. Yet another frustration with this mess of a game!

• Like 1

Just now, laddyvalentine said:

I just wanted a neutral ending, but I'm afraid of wasting another hail of hours and not working out. I understand you. We all understand you.

Yes i feel with all here, which were actually trying to change stats they dont see or understand.
It felt the end is near and then its not there again -.-
now i try to fail a lot of QTES and win rest. try to pick 50% of the skateboard + choices
I start thinking that every QTE change the skateboard score. Maybe 1-2% percent per change. that would explain the massive gap for failing the entire episode or for good rating in one episode.
it doesnt looks like the choices would change that much. tried it several times and in between 4 skate + choices it increases a maximum of 9%

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Diddi89 said:

Yes i feel with all here, which were actually trying to change stats they dont see or understand.
It felt the end is near and then its not there again -.-
now i try to fail a lot of QTES and win rest. try to pick 50% of the skateboard + choices
I start thinking that every QTE change the skateboard score. Maybe 1-2% percent per change. that would explain the massive gap for failing the entire episode or for good rating in one episode.
it doesnt looks like the choices would change that much. tried it several times and in between 4 skate + choices it increases a maximum of 9%

I failed voluntary all the non vital QTES and I push LOU13 on Stapleface and I lost 7% of the Skateboard I had at Episode 4 (82 to 75%). For pushing LOU13, I read on Trueachievement that lower skateboard, but I'm not sure... Just wanted the neutral end too ?

I redo it today with my game file who has 60% skateboard on episode 4.. we'll see!

Edited by OneOksana

More often than not, Telltale Games have unmissable trophies in one playthrough. Interesting that this one is taking a page from The Wolf Among Us and requiring some chapter replays. No biggie to me at all.

I enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands, but funny enough it's my least favorite Telltale game. I am going to play this sequel, but I might wait for a sale.

18 hours ago, laddyvalentine said:

I tried all three variations but I only managed to get the true ending twice and Anu dies ending once (which I already had) so it looks like I have to keep trying.

5 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

Eu tentei todas as três variações, mas só consegui o final verdadeiro duas vezes e Anu morre terminando uma vez (o que eu já tinha), então parece que tenho que continuar tentando.

Apparently there are actions in the previous chapter that can affect, is the only explanation.

I ended episode 4 with:

Anu and Fran 68%
Anu and Ock 50%
Ok and Fran 50%

And you?

Edited by laddyvalentine

6 minutes ago, laddyvalentine said:

Apparently there are actions in the previous chapter that can affect, is the only explanation.

I ended episode 4 with:

Anu and Fran 68%
Anu and Ock 50%
Ok and Fran 50%

Is that you?

At the end of episode 4 I was at:

Skateboard rating 78%

Anu and Fran 68%

Anu and Ock 57%

Octavio and Fran 50%

So I had a slightly higher rating for Anu and Ock and that probably explains why I didn't get the Ock dies ending. At the end of episode 5 I was at:

Skateboard 82%

Anu and Fran 52%

Anu and Octavio 27%

Octavio and Fran 23%

Edited by Janire1911

6 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

No final do episódio 4 eu estava em:

Classificação do skate 78%

Anu e Fran 68%

Anu e Ock 57%

Otávio e Fran 50%

Então eu tinha uma classificação um pouco mais alta para Anu e Ock e isso provavelmente explica por que eu não consegui o final dos dados de Ock. No final do episódio 5 eu estava em:

Skate 82%

Anu e Fran 52%

Anu e Otávio 27%

Otávio e Fran 23%

I don't have Ock's kill percentage here, but the stats weren't as low as yours. Never once did I get less than 30% in anything.

These endings are looking random ?

7 hours ago, xScottTehHunterx said:

I had the same problem. Finished the game, got Zer0 as my last figure, but no trophy. But the collection in the menu said I collected all 16 figures.

After another playthrough/ending, I got the trophy.

21 hours ago, OneOksana said:

I find this walkthrough who finish with the neutral ending. I'm gonna try to follow it!

This worked for me for both missing Endings: Ock in combination with the earlier posted short guide from @laddyvalentine

changed the steps from the video with necessary steps of the ock route.

finished with 46 skate (started with 34)

i think it’s necessary to start with a low skate score after episode 4.

i found it a lot of easier to increase skate than lowering.

repeat from the push Lou13 and try to choose all skate + choices. (We have to save the world, then we‘ll celebrate, we‘ve survived worse, our success was us)

I’m not 100% sure everything will increase skate, but at the moment we could only try.

took me 15-20 hours for several Retries.

finally I’m done now.

Stats for Neutral Ending are:

Skateboard: 54

Anu Fran: 89

Anu Octavio: 52

Octavio Anu: 61

Edited by Diddi89
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Diddi89 said:

This worked for me for both missing Endings: Ock in combination with the earlier posted short guide from @laddyvalentine

changed the steps from the video with necessary steps of the ock route.

finished with 46 skate (started with 34)

i think it’s necessary to start with a low skate score after episode 4.

i found it a lot of easier to increase skate than lowering.

repeat from the push Lou13 and try to choose all skate + choices. (We have to save the world, then we‘ll celebrate, we‘ve survived worse, our success was us)

I’m not 100% sure everything will increase skate, but at the moment we could only try.

took me 15-20 hours for several Retries.

finally I’m done now.

Stats for Neutral Ending are:

Skateboard: 54

Anu Fran: 89

Anu Octavio: 52

Octavio Anu: 61

Congrats! Happy for you :)

• Like 1

I managed to get 3 endings so far (mostly by replaying Episode 5) but still missing Fran’s death and the neutral ending. I think I’m gonna throw up if I have to reply this crappy game a few more times. The writing and the characters in this game are so awful, the Telltales game was so much better in every regard compared to this garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanjinb said:

I managed to get 3 endings so far (mostly by replaying Episode 5) but still missing Fran’s death and the neutral ending. I think I’m gonna throw up if I have to reply this crappy game a few more times. The writing and the characters in this game are so awful, the Telltales game was so much better in every regard compared to this garbage.

For Fran start from episode 5.1 and always choose anger option. If you have problems to hold your skateboard score in between 50-75 I would prefer the neutral playthrough, posted here earlier. Raised skate score a minimum. With my own choices I ended there everytime with a 85-90% score
you need a 50-75% score for remaining endings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Diddi89 said:

For Fran start from episode 5.1 and always choose anger option. If you have problems to hold your skateboard score in between 50-75 I would prefer the neutral playthrough, posted here earlier. Raised skate score a minimum. With my own choices I ended there everytime with a 85-90% score

Have done this method for Fran honestly 6 times now from 5.1, she’s entered the episode with the lowest friendship score of the 3 (41 with Anu). I’ve chosen what appear to be the angry options, and by the end her and Anu’s friendship has always gone to high 60s and if my skateboard score is low Oct dies, if it’s midrange then it’s the Neutral ending. 

Her and Anu barely have any interaction in ep 5 so there can’t be too many choices that are causing it to go up so high. So confused by it!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diddi89 said:

I managed to get the neutral ending by using the steps someone posted to get the Octavio death and modifying some responses. All that's left is Fran's death now. I'm guessing that getting her fully angry requires certain responses during the section where she is being threatened by soldiers and during the 16-bit retro game, is that correct? 

Just now, OTPYG said:

Have done this method for Fran honestly 6 times now from 5.1, she’s entered the episode with the lowest friendship score of the 3 (41 with Anu). I’ve chosen what appear to be the angry options, and by the end her and Anu’s friendship has always gone to high 60s and if my skateboard score is low Oct dies, if it’s midrange then it’s the Neutral ending. 

Her and Anu barely have any interaction in ep 5 so there can’t be too many choices that are causing it to go up so high. So confused by it!!

Yeah, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get Fran fully angry. I may have to replay from Episode 4, but I'm so sick of this game, I'm gonna puke ?.