sturmfront trophy tips...

22 hours ago, DARKSCORPONOXR said:

had a blast starting this yesterday and finished it in a couple of hours, its very doable on hard which is required for a trophy... fun game with a weird yet small sexual overtone, dont know why... it just has... a three boobed boss, a giant phalis boss, anuses as spawn points lol...

the platinum is very straight forward consisting only of killing X amount of enemies, killing the 5 bosses, completing the game without getting killed, finding every lore skull, finishing hard mode & finding the secret boss entrance...

so kill 500, 1000 & 2000 enemies...

barbeque 100 nests... enemies spawn from these and are easily killed using a flamethrower

beat the game... on easy this is a breeze as there are fewer enemies & less projectiles... using your flamethrower stops every enemy projectile which is handy against the bosses... in hard mode, the flamethrower does not stop projectiles so be cautious...

finish the game from start to finish without getting killed... you can do this on easy

finish the game on hard mode... this is quite easy but in hardmode there is a constant spawn of enemies & projectiles... if you get killed then you restart the level with only 1 power up which makes things abit tougher especially for the bosses, luckily there are still a few power ups around in hard mode...

lore skulls... there is around 3 to 4 on each stage except the very first stage in the clone lab and about 25 to 30 max in total... these are easily findable and once you get one, it shows you the way to the next ones...

kill your clones... the very first stage is the clone lab, kill every clone in this area...

moonwalker... for this you need to walk backwards whilst looking forwards for 10seconds... you do this by walking down & looking upwards with the right analogue stick... you can get this in any level including the very first stage... so stand at the very top of the level or any level and just walk down while holding the right analogue stick up...

try every gun in the game... there is only 5 guns to use and these are scattered everywhere...

the secret door is in stage 5, ignore the boss entance & carry on up around the side to the real boss entance... grab your preferred choice of gun & proceed to boss...

hard mode tips...

use the flamethrower sparingly and only on the nests as the flamethrower does less damage and does not stop projectiles in hard mode...

obviously dont rush through the stages...

leave the weapons until the very end of the stages to use on the bosses... the rocket launcher is especially handy as the bosses now come packed with monster friends to kill...

collect the gasoline only when your flamethrower is empty... 

every stage can be powered through... killing everything makes it way easier but is not needed as you can literally shoot a way through to the boss entrance which can be a better choice... it is harder to do this on some stages though

the final boss can be challenging as he now has a group of monster friends helping him out in this tiny area... so if you are unlucky enough to get killed, just blast your way straight through to the boss area again, ignoring everything in the first part...

grab the 'power ups' on the way and the health packs... once in the boss arena, try to tuck in to the far bottom right near the monster and concentrate your fire right on it... killing it gives you a health pack & a few split seconds breather from the constant projectiles...

kill the next one right above and this gives a power up... from here take out the other monsters and then focus on the boss, killing it by swooping side to side and avoiding the set pattern of projectiles...

finito... 1f916.png

Sounds easier than it actually is. I am having a really hard time with hard-mode tbh.  But everything else in this game, including the 1CC run, is super easy. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

once you die on hard, it is still very doable honestly... i died a couple of times & just kept on powering through it especially the final boss where death is ineviteable...

each stage on hard contains 3 to 5 power ups and the power ups only go upto 5 shots or so max anyway... getting any more beyond this doesn't add any extra power, so if you get killed just restarting the stage and grabbing 1 even 2 power ups is enough to do the stage...

remember to take each stage slowly & focus on killing whatever is coming after you... dont walk too quickly into situations as whatever enemy you unearth on screen will follow...

enemies mostly only spawn when you uncover them on screen... this gives you the chance to move slowly & kill whatever appears, then hastily retreat into a safer place...

5 hours ago, DARKSCORPONOXR said:

once you die on hard, it is still very doable honestly... i died a couple of times & just kept on powering through it especially the final boss where death is ineviteable...

each stage on hard contains 3 to 5 power ups and the power ups only go upto 5 shots or so max anyway... getting any more beyond this doesn't add any extra power, so if you get killed just restarting the stage and grabbing 1 even 2 power ups is enough to do the stage...

remember to take each stage slowly & focus on killing whatever is coming after you... dont walk too quickly into situations as whatever enemy you unearth on screen will follow...

enemies mostly only spawn when you uncover them on screen... this gives you the chance to move slowly & kill whatever appears, then hastily retreat into a safer place...

Many thanks! I finally made it and you are right: with a bit of practice it is possible even if you loose all your power-ups! Try to save the "Cutter" for the fourth boss! You will only use 1/3 of its ammo and the boss will be killed within seconds. Use the rest of the ammo to clear the fifth level and pic up the "Cutter" from this level before you leave. If you die it is still possible but with the cutter it is super easy. 

4 hours ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks for this! I've been eyeing this game for the past few days, because of the Heidelberg 1693 game that's being released from the same studio - which looks amazing, do you plan on playing that as well? 

How would you rate the difficulty and time to Platinum? 

I found out about SturmFront only because of Heidelberg 1693 couple of days ago and since it is only 2,50€ atm I bought it. (SturmFront is sett in the German city of Mannheim which is located right next to Heidelberg... the two cities I spend most of my life what kinda made me want to play both) I had a very good time with SturmFront. 

I am not very good at Bullet Hell (got the platinum in "Enter the Gungeon" and "NexMachina" though) and it took me around 5 hours and I would rate it a 6/10 in difficulty. It is very doable with a bit of practice. 

If anyone can recommend a similar game to SturmFront I'd much appreciate any recommendations. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-11-15 at 3:08 PM, DARKSCORPONOXR said:

had a blast starting this yesterday and finished it in a couple of hours, its very doable on hard which is required for a trophy... fun game with a weird yet small sexual overtone, dont know why... it just has... a three boobed boss, a giant phalis boss, anuses as spawn points lol...

the platinum is very straight forward consisting only of killing X amount of enemies, killing the 5 bosses, completing the game without getting killed, finding every lore skull, finishing hard mode & finding the secret boss entrance...

so kill 500, 1000 & 2000 enemies...

barbeque 100 nests... enemies spawn from these and are easily killed using a flamethrower

beat the game... on easy this is a breeze as there are fewer enemies & less projectiles... using your flamethrower stops every enemy projectile which is handy against the bosses... in hard mode, the flamethrower does not stop projectiles so be cautious...

finish the game from start to finish without getting killed... you can do this on easy

finish the game on hard mode... this is quite easy but in hardmode there is a constant spawn of enemies & projectiles... if you get killed then you restart the level with only 1 power up which makes things abit tougher especially for the bosses, luckily there are still a few power ups around in hard mode...

lore skulls... there is around 3 to 4 on each stage except the very first stage in the clone lab and about 25 to 30 max in total... these are easily findable and once you get one, it shows you the way to the next ones...

kill your clones... the very first stage is the clone lab, kill every clone in this area...

moonwalker... for this you need to walk backwards whilst looking forwards for 10seconds... you do this by walking down & looking upwards with the right analogue stick... you can get this in any level including the very first stage... so stand at the very top of the level or any level and just walk down while holding the right analogue stick up...

try every gun in the game... there is only 5 guns to use and these are scattered everywhere...

the secret door is in stage 5, ignore the boss entance & carry on up around the side to the real boss entance... grab your preferred choice of gun & proceed to boss...

hard mode tips...

use the flamethrower sparingly and only on the nests as the flamethrower does less damage and does not stop projectiles in hard mode...

obviously dont rush through the stages...

leave the weapons until the very end of the stages to use on the bosses... the rocket launcher is especially handy as the bosses now come packed with monster friends to kill...

collect the gasoline only when your flamethrower is empty... 

every stage can be powered through... killing everything makes it way easier but is not needed as you can literally shoot a way through to the boss entrance which can be a better choice... it is harder to do this on some stages though

the final boss can be challenging as he now has a group of monster friends helping him out in this tiny area... so if you are unlucky enough to get killed, just blast your way straight through to the boss area again, ignoring everything in the first part...

grab the 'power ups' on the way and the health packs... once in the boss arena, try to tuck in to the far bottom right near the monster and concentrate your fire right on it... killing it gives you a health pack & a few split seconds breather from the constant projectiles...

kill the next one right above and this gives a power up... from here take out the other monsters and then focus on the boss, killing it by swooping side to side and avoiding the set pattern of projectiles...

finito... 1f916.png

Thanks for tips, just got plat on ps5 version today ?

On 16/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Maahniac said:

Thanks for this! I've been eyeing this game for the past few days, because of the Heidelberg 1693 game that's being released from the same studio - which looks amazing, do you plan on playing that as well? 

How would you rate the difficulty and time to Platinum? 

no worries... glad if my quick guide helped you and yes i plan on playing heidelberg as it looks absolutely great... how would i rate the platinum and difficulty for sturmfront?...

i prob would say every trophy except hardmode run can be accomplished on easy mode so for that i would give a 2 out of 10 & a completion time of around 30mins to possibly 1hour...

hardmode i would say can be a bitch so probably a tough 5 out of 10 with possibly a very cautious 1 to 3 hours for the plat, but once you learn the tricks & become more skilled in the game then hardmode does get very easy... except the last boss ofcourse

On 16/11/2022 at 3:50 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

Many thanks! I finally made it and you are right: with a bit of practice it is possible even if you loose all your power-ups! Try to save the "Cutter" for the fourth boss! You will only use 1/3 of its ammo and the boss will be killed within seconds. Use the rest of the ammo to clear the fifth level and pic up the "Cutter" from this level before you leave. If you die it is still possible but with the cutter it is super easy. 

If anyone can recommend a similar game to SturmFront I'd much appreciate any recommendations. 

congrats dude... well done on getting the plat!...

theres a few games similar to sturmfront on the store, thunderflash, broforce, earth marines, rush rover, skele seleste and so on but probably way easier & lacking the difficulty or heavy metal zombie apocolypse vibe...

similar games to heidelberg would be crossbow crusade which is really cool, BOOM blasters, bite the bullet, ghost 1.0... very retro looking & difficult but fun games...

On 16/11/2022 at 3:50 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

if anyone can recommend a similar game to SturmFront I'd much appreciate any recommendations. 

here is a link for similar games dude... not sure if psn pros will take this down but this is a list of some great top down shooters... https://www.50gameslike.com/games-like/sturmfront-the-mutant-war-ubel-edition

On 09/12/2022 at 2:18 AM, HEMI-Sphere57 said:

Thanks for tips, just got plat on ps5 version today 1f44d.png

congrats dude... how did you find it?...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DARKSCORPONOXR said:

congrats dude... well done on getting the plat!...

theres a few games similar to sturmfront on the store, thunderflash, broforce, earth marines, rush rover, skele seleste and so on but probably way easier & lacking the difficulty or heavy metal zombie apocolypse vibe...

similar games to heidelberg would be crossbow crusade which is really cool, BOOM blasters, bite the bullet, ghost 1.0... very retro looking & difficult but fun games...

here is a link for similar games dude... not sure if psn pros will take this down but this is a list of some great top down shooters... https://www.50gameslike.com/games-like/sturmfront-the-mutant-war-ubel-edition

congrats dude... how did you find it?...

I didn’t think it was too bad, hard mode was a little annoying, just took some practice 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...