Easy platinum, but it's grindy

ollo99

8 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I imagine they were going for a minimalist/vaporwave aesthetic but that cover art isn't doing the game any favors. At first glance I thought it was shovelware.

But yeah, the game looks dope and it's launching at 30€ / 30$ (store links)

When I first seen it on xbox, I thought it was going to be another crappy sport sim, but it turned out to be incredibly fun

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, iNiko33 said:

Really looking forward to this :) Finally a good snowboarding game for mountain lovers, without crappy fluo items! Rider's Republic's art direction totally repelled me, this one looks great!

I may write a trophy guide for this game, it would be a nice follow up to Session: Skate Sim!

Edit : Just bought it, see you on the slopes :) If it inspires me, a guide will be coming soon. It should be really easier to write than Session, looks straightforward.

Session is 10x harder and 10x the grind, this one will be a cake walk for you, king ? keep it up, hope to see your guide up one day, if you decide on it 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, iNiko33 said:

Really looking forward to this :) Finally a good snowboarding game for mountain lovers, without crappy fluo items! Rider's Republic's art direction totally repelled me, this one looks great!

I may write a trophy guide for this game, it would be a nice follow up to Session: Skate Sim!

Edit : Just bought it, see you on the slopes :) If it inspires me, a guide will be coming soon. It should be really easier to write than Session, looks straightforward.

I seen that you almost have everything for the platinum. Did you 3 star all of the missions for all of the clothing?

• Like 1

Hey everyone. Got the plat and already working on the guide since yesterday ;)

@ollo99 3 stars everywhere aren't needed at all, collectables and gaps also grant you items, I got all items before finishing the gaps.

@RedlChris-_- To spin more, hold the L stick in one direction when preparing for the jump and when you release R2 launch both sticks the other way (like you would do with your shoulders IRL to launch a fast spin). The double backflip can be done anywhere but the Invitational Slopestyle park has a lot of big kickers (they are many more everywhere but I like these). You can call the snowmobile everywhere in freeride mode when you have met Knut and his skidoo during the story missions.

Hope this helps, guide on the way to be submitted in a few days ;)

Edited by iNiko33
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RedlChris-_- said:

I have made the story with Knut, but can't call the skidoo unfortunately :(

In some story missions this is disabled. You'll be able to use it freely in Freeride mode and in some parts of the story.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedlChris-_- said:

Hmmmmm. This is super weird.

Some story missions require you to only use your snowboard, this is why it's sometimes off. But I agree with you, the game's interface and ergonomics are really confusing and unclear. The gameplay is very good so I'll live with that, but during the first hour or two this really felt like a big mess ^^

Edited by iNiko33
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, iNiko33 said:

Some story missions require you to only use your snowboard, this is why it's sometimes off. But I agree with you, the game's interface and ergonomics are really confusing and unclear. The gameplay is very good so I'll live with that, but during the first hour or two this really felt like a big mess ^^

It's a buggy mess, I've had to restart my game 4 times, and the frame drops hit hard in some areas. Gameplay is 10/10 

Performance needs adjustments 

• Like 1

@mika8276 @ollo99 We discussed it with other players, and we found out what happened :

It only works if you have not completed the main story and complete a story mission for the first time. Replaying doesn't work.

At least this is what I think for now with the experience we have. We'll see when more players try it to see what's really happening.

I made it clear in the guide, I'll tell you when (if) it's published.

You will have to invite someone or reset your save (that was my case, did it with another player). Send a message on PSN if you need help with this ;)

@ everyone : I'll take any information on what happened on your side when trying to get this trophy (popped solo or not / story completed or not / any details).

Thanks!

Edited by iNiko33