New Glitch for Maximum Security PS5 disc

related_browser1

If you plan on jumping into NG+ after doing the above steps you must use your original minimum security manual save at the end of the game. DO NOT USE the new one you made after changing the difficulty. Once you reach the stun baton it will glitch and disappear. Additionally, once you reach the first reforge you will get none of your weapons. The best way to know you are ok is to press up to see your inventory the moment you first gain control of Jacob in NG+. If all your additional inventory slots are available and you can see the person's of interest collectables, you are good. If you have limited inventory and the collectables aren't showing, it will glitch on you. 

Edited by Sponger760
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 6:19 AM, dJordman said:

I can confirm the maximum security glitch still works with version 1.009 if you have the physical copy of the PS5 disc.
Takes a bit of time, though.

I started out playing on version 1.000 but the frequent glitches and crashes put me off, and had me worried about the collectibles.
I was in chapter 3 when I finally had enough, and updated to version 1.008 and then 1.009 (the updates really improve the experience, by the way) and played on Minimum Security difficulty until after the last boss-fight (chapter 8).

Found the following explanation in the comments of a Youtube video.

Edited a little bit for additional clarity, but credit goes to the original poster "JoeyScrewdriver":

Step 1. Play the game on any difficulty up until after the final boss fight. The game now tells you to run to the escape pods.

Step 2. Don't run to those escape pods. Make a manual save here. No need to change the difficulty just yet. Exit to the main menu. Close down the game.

Step 3. Delete the game for your PS5 and disconnect from the internet. Install the game while staying offline so you end up with version 1.000.

Step 4. After version 1.000 is installed, load the most recent save game. You're now back at the part where the game tells you to run to the escape pods.

Step 5. MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Switch to Maximum Security difficulty and then restart the checkpoint! This is crucial.

Step 6. After the checkpoint restart, check that the difficulty is now set to Maximum Security and make a manual save. This caused the game to crash on me, first time I tried. Don't worry about it. Try again from step 4. Second time I tried it saved succesfully for me.

Step 7. Exit to main menu. Close down the game. Connect to the internet and download the update. (1.009 on PS5 at the time of writing). 

Step 8. You're now on version 1.009 so load the manual save you just made. Finish the last part of the game. The trophy will pop after the end game scene and "The Callisto Protocol" title screen fades into the credits.

Since I hadn't completed the game yet, two trophies popped for me. One for completion on any difficulty and one for Maximum Security difficulty.

Is anyone able to confirm if this still works on patch 1.015?

Edit: Personally confirmed that this still work, was able to get the trophy following the above steps with a few retries of step 6. Had a few crashes and manual save failed. Restarted checkpoint again and was able to create the manual save.

Edited by TheWintendoHii
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 11:57 AM, BuBBeRX said:

Does this still work with the latest patch on ps5? 1.000.27 i believe.

Thanks

Can confirm that this still works as of October 16th and version 1.000.27. I did have to get the disc from Gamefly to pull it off, even though I played it via the free PSPlus download. Made a cloud backup save when running to the escape pods, reloaded it and followed all the steps above. Had to retry the initial loading of my end game save and making the save a few times failed after changing the difficulty and restarting the checkpoint, but it worked eventually.

Edit: I did this on PS5.

Edited by BodyChipper
update
  • Like 1

This game is very easy itself, even on maximum security, so i don't get why anyone would consider using any glitch. Earned platinum yesterday and for me the only hard moment was last boss and maybe one of the encounters with two head. Rest of the game is a piece of cake.

Edited by Crusad3rp

On 10/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, ClockWorkPhantom said:

Not knocking this but are any of you going 100% past the plat? It seems redundant if you plan on ng+ if you have to level up everything.

A lot of people just want a quick one & done platinum or didn’t enjoy the game I guess.

But for anyone considering this glitch, personally I think it’s worth spending a few extra hours on a Max Security run so you can also grab the NG+ trophy and the DLC trophy for upgrading all weapons too. This game is SUPER short and Max Sec is shockingly easy on top of it. Even with 2 full runs it shouldn’t take more than 12 hours or so to grab all these trophies.