New Glitch for Maximum Security PS5 disc

related_browser1

On 12/13/2022 at 6:33 AM, DavySuicide said:

Maybe i am wrong, but if someone owns the disc and wants to cheese MS, can't he just play the whole game just on 1.0 vanilla and use the pre 1.7 trick?

You can, I did but the game is in pretty bad shape. There was one section that kept crashing until I reloaded an older save and redid the section. The final boss is another issue as the FPS drops to possibly single digits making it a very hard fight.

On 17/12/2022 at 15:26, aimeraya said:

Seguí el paso, todo funcionó excepto que el trofeo no apareció.

Así que comencé mi tutorial 1.00 para obtener la Máxima seguridad usando el error positivo inicial, pero la biografía de datos coleccionables de Dani Nakamura ha fallado para mí.

Este juego es tan complicado como Dying Light 2.

I have the same problem don't appear this collectible. Any solution?

It worked for me on 1.08 version, physical disc. I deleted all saves after uploading them on cloud storage. Then i switched off internet connection and did entire playtrough offline. Worked like a charm. Don't brother with 1.0 or anything. Just delete everything, start offline and clear the game. Problem solved.

2 hours ago, TsurugiFenrir said:

Yes it does, because i did it on PS4, i do not have PS5. 

Could you help me with the process?

I installed 1.0

Started new 1.0 game on maximum security

In-game loaded run to the pods auto save

Game crashed

*Here it says start the game again and load auto save and it should load

I load my run to the pods save from the main menu and game crashes again. Tried multiple times once in game in maximum security and also crash

Do i need to to anything in-between to load the auto save and avoid crashing?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Neonikngc said:

Could you help me with the process?

I installed 1.0

Started new 1.0 game on maximum security

In-game loaded run to the pods auto save

Game crashed

*Here it says start the game again and load auto save and it should load

I load my run to the pods save from the main menu and game crashes again. Tried multiple times once in game in maximum security and also crash

Do i need to to anything in-between to load the auto save and avoid crashing?

Thanks

If you can, just install version 1.08, delete all saves or upload them to cloud/usb, turn PS4 OFFLINE and beat the game on Maximum Security. I did just that, trophy popped once i was back in the main menu after credits. 

The worst part is doing full game run over again. Remember not to change difficulty or switching PS4 online until you beat the game. 

On 18/12/2022 at 2:34 PM, Qillthaios said:

I can confirm that it works with 1.08 saves, O just did that. Had to reload save 4 or 5 times before it popped.

Thank you, screw that game. Biggest disappointment in years so I have no heart feelings cheating on plat :P

Edit.Oh god damn... Once I've connected back trophy vanished... Guess I have to redo it online but canceling update...

Edit2. Ok, the trophy list updated itself somehow. 

My trophy also disappeared after update ? 

4 minutes ago, RobertTheBruce06 said:

My trophy also disappeared after update ? 

Did you take your console offline and see if it shows back up? The PS5 will often not auto-sync every trophy to PSN and it only shows the trophies that have synced to PSN when you're online. If a trophy unlocked, but you can't see it, generally you just have to wait for the PS5 to sync it but you can check by just going offline. 

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Did you take your console offline and see if it shows back up? The PS5 will often not auto-sync every trophy to PSN and it only shows the trophies that have synced to PSN when you're online. If a trophy unlocked, but you can't see it, generally you just have to wait for the PS5 to sync it but you can check by just going offline. 

Yeah when I am offline it shows the trophy 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:19 AM, dJordman said:

I can confirm the maximum security glitch still works with version 1.009 if you have the physical copy of the PS5 disc.
Takes a bit of time, though.

I started out playing on version 1.000 but the frequent glitches and crashes put me off, and had me worried about the collectibles.
I was in chapter 3 when I finally had enough, and updated to version 1.008 and then 1.009 (the updates really improve the experience, by the way) and played on Minimum Security difficulty until after the last boss-fight (chapter 8).

Found the following explanation in the comments of a Youtube video.

Edited a little bit for additional clarity, but credit goes to the original poster "JoeyScrewdriver":

Step 1. Play the game on any difficulty up until after the final boss fight. The game now tells you to run to the escape pods.

Step 2. Don't run to those escape pods. Make a manual save here. No need to change the difficulty just yet. Exit to the main menu. Close down the game.

Step 3. Delete the game for your PS5 and disconnect from the internet. Install the game while staying offline so you end up with version 1.000.

Step 4. After version 1.000 is installed, load the most recent save game. You're now back at the part where the game tells you to run to the escape pods.

Step 5. MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Switch to Maximum Security difficulty and then restart the checkpoint! This is crucial.

Step 6. After the checkpoint restart, check that the difficulty is now set to Maximum Security and make a manual save. This caused the game to crash on me, first time I tried. Don't worry about it. Try again from step 4. Second time I tried it saved succesfully for me.

Step 7. Exit to main menu. Close down the game. Connect to the internet and download the update. (1.009 on PS5 at the time of writing). 

Step 8. You're now on version 1.009 so load the manual save you just made. Finish the last part of the game. The trophy will pop after the end game scene and "The Callisto Protocol" title screen fades into the credits.

Since I hadn't completed the game yet, two trophies popped for me. One for completion on any difficulty and one for Maximum Security difficulty.

Can confirm this works! Thanks :)

On 1/23/2023 at 10:49 PM, vmk2001 said:

Can confirm this works! Thanks :)

Worked for me too. Step 6 caused me a few issues. Crashed once like he said and I tried saving 5-6 times and it just said "Save game failed." I turned around and ran in a few circles in the boss room and was able to make that manual save. Thanks again!