Sessions missed

On 12/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, KingKilla12J said:

Anyone else been having issues with host not starting sessions or most of lobby just not showing up lately? 

Have had this happen for multiple games recently 

Are you implying that there are a bunch of session hosts or joiners coordinating somehow to increasingly not show up?

Im certain it’s always been a thing and there’s lots of threads complaining about shortly after sessions started and there are lots of helpful tips to help avoid the situation all together. 

It's just a thing on this site. I generally avoid the sessions here because they rarely turn out. I got crazy and joined 5 sessions in the last couple weeks. 2 worked out, which is crazy good for here, lol.  Find the good boosters and keep them around.... there are great boosters here, but they are sadly overshadowed by flaky or selfish boosters. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.12.2022 at 4:36 PM, KingKilla12J said:

Thanks for the feedback guess I've been getting a lot of unlucky sessions lately. I'll try the hosting more, see if I have better luck. 

From my personal experience, before trying to coordinate the boosting session, I gotta make sure that people actually need all the listed trophies, because if they, say need only half the trophies, they will have less of an incentive to play fair.

If you have a big time gap make sure that people can find a mutual time slot to be online.

Make sure people send you a friend request before hand and reply to your message, if they dont then they re most likely not interested or serious.

And yes this might sound pretty strict BUT if I see that the player who requests to join already joined other sessions then there will be a very high chance that this player is not gonna show up to your session (session hopping), that is when I directly refuse the join request.

Also beware of the player who joined who wants to go first for the trophies thats a big no-no, I had it multiple times where people wanna go first so that they just leave me in the dust afterwards, example UFC 2009, guy wanted me to get him all trophies and then "after that we get all your trophies", I refused ofc and he deleted me and used the excuse "I dont really wanna do the trophies either way" (Yeah sure LMAO, what a change of heart)

One very good tip for you, try to keep the people who were good boosters on your friend list and exchange each others "games to boost list".

Also PS Messages is one of the worst messaging applications ever, I had 95% bad experience there when trying to coordinate a group of players, it is a messy and chaotic tsunami of messages when multiple people write and important messages go under.

Discord is a good and effictive alternative, you can mention specific players, you can send links(ps message tends to censor links), you can pin messages.

Hope this helps a little :)

Edited by HamiTosh
Typos,Addition

On 1/2/2023 at 5:51 AM, HamiTosh said:

From my personal experience, before trying to coordinate the boosting session, I gotta make sure that people actually need all the listed trophies, because if they, say need only half the trophies, they will have less of an incentive to play fair.

If you have a big time gap make sure that people can find a mutual time slot to be online.

Make sure people send you a friend request before hand and reply to your message, if they dont then they re most likely not interested or serious.

And yes this might sound pretty strict BUT if I see that the player who requests to join already joined other sessions then there will be a very high chance that this player is not gonna show up to your session (session hopping), that is when I directly refuse the join request.

Also beware of the player who joined who wants to go first for the trophies thats a big no-no, I had it multiple times where people wanna go first so that they just leave me in the dust afterwards, example UFC 2009, guy wanted me to get him all trophies and then "after that we get all your trophies", I refused ofc and he deleted me and used the excuse "I dont really wanna do the trophies either way" (Yeah sure LMAO, what a change of heart)

One very good tip for you, try to keep the people who were good boosters on your friend list and exchange each others "games to boost list".

Also PS Messages is one of the worst messaging applications ever, I had 95% bad experience there when trying to coordinate a group of players, it is a messy and chaotic tsunami of messages when multiple people write and important messages go under.

Discord is a good and effictive alternative, you can mention specific players, you can send links(ps message tends to censor links), you can pin messages.

Hope this helps a little :)

Thanks for the info I've been trying to learn discord haven't used it much before and didn't try to figure out how to navigate it when I did