Build Question

Hey guys,

Just about to dive into getting some kind of build to assist through the second DLC but I have a few questions about the build/farming guide:

1: if I’m using the Paladin/Warden build as suggested in the walkthrough, do the other affinities (ie cyclic warrior at 250%) need their jobs at a high level or is that irrelevant for affinities? (The guide tells you where to get the limit releases for them all but not how that affects the affinities if at all)

2. On the equipment section for the above build it says “near death”. Would you put max on each piece of equipment? So multiple near deaths on your entire gear list?

3. In terms of gear, you don’t need to change it up for each job? Is it just the same for both?

i think that’s it for now, but I have no doubt I’ll be asking more whilst going through it all ?. I hope this build will be enough for the final DLC. 

cheers,

Edited by xxSuikodeNxx

1. Irrelevant

2. Put near death in all your warden gear

3. Don’t use warden gear on the paladin, use some gear better suited for it depending on what you are using it for (for me I use ninja with my warden, mainly to buff and to pop lightbringer and utsutumi tool, so i put gear with lightbringer duration,  buff duration and mp costs down on ninja)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply above. 

I’ve just been grinding out for a while and thought I’d buy the lvl 488 Twilight Headband which gives 178% on Paladin and Pugilist - so I can build to 400% affinity for resistance in the rift.  

when I equip it on my level 41 paladin, my affinity to paladin and pugilist does not go up at all. In fact, pugilist doesn’t even come up as having any job affinity on my character.

i also have a lvl 399 Durandal equipped on the paladin and this has 211% on Dragoon and Yojimbo and that does show on my Dragoon and samurai affinities bonuses. 

can anyone tell me what’s happening? I Just thought it was as easy as equipping these items and getting the bonuses. Annoying. 

cheers,

Edit: I even have a Pale Protector on which grants 350% red mage but that affinity bonus isnt even appearing on my character. 

Edit: Nevermind, informed that because I still have the dragon trials on, the affinity bonus isn’t registered. Sorry, I’m a dumbass. 

Edited by xxSuikodeNxx

Just to add my two cents here, oYazmat's correct on #1-#2, I'd say #3 depends. I didn't use different equipment on my playthrough for Warden/Paladin except for the weapons since they have different weapon type compatibility. However, there are absolutely ways to optimize/improve what's listed in the guide by varying the equipment between classes. My goal with the build was to create something relatively simple that would keep me alive reliably, and once you hit that baseline there's a lot of customization and creativity you can stack on top. In short - changing it up may result in better optimization, but it's not necessary if you just want to beat the second DLC.

• 2 months later...
On 17/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, xxSuikodeNxx said:

Hey guys,

Just about to dive into getting some kind of build to assist through the second DLC but I have a few questions about the build/farming guide:

1: if I’m using the Paladin/Warden build as suggested in the walkthrough 

Is this the walkthrough you’re talking about? (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/15452-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-build-crafting-material-farming-guide) I want to get back into the game for the DLC but it’s been a while since I played and I’ve heard the DLCs pretty much demand a good build. Will this link be optimal and help me out?

Edit: I think I found the build you were talking about (Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Wanderer of the Rift DLC Trophy Guide • PSNProfiles.com)

Edited by bikeman223

On 18/03/2023 at 7:38 PM, bikeman223 said:

Is this the walkthrough you’re talking about? (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/15452-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-build-crafting-material-farming-guide) I want to get back into the game for the DLC but it’s been a while since I played and I’ve heard the DLCs pretty much demand a good build. Will this link be optimal and help me out?

Edit: I think I found the build you were talking about (Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Wanderer of the Rift DLC Trophy Guide • PSNProfiles.com)

Yeah that’s the one. 

I used that and spanked the second DLC. The third DLC is a cake walk. 

15 hours ago, xxSuikodeNxx said:

Yeah that’s the one. 

I used that and spanked the second DLC. The third DLC is a cake walk. 

Paladin, Breaker (Warden)

• Monk 600%
  • Paladin 400%
  • Dark Knight 400%
  • Berserker 250%
  • Cyclic Warrior 250% 

I'm trying to puzzle out the build but I've got a few questions, mainly about affinities.

1. Do the affinities percentages need to be the same across both equipped jobs?
  2. The guide recommends 'Completing the trees for your desired jobs with experience and their Ultima/Evoker variants with Rat Tails', is this just referring to the jobs you equip or every job who's affinity is relevant to your build? Why upgrade the variants if you can only equip one of the three?
  3. Can't you just buy limit releases from the exchange shop instead of doing world map quests for them?
  4. Do job mastery points only count for your 2 currently equipped jobs, every job you have mastered or just the 1 job you are currently switched into?
  5. Are certain weapon types better for this build?
  6. Is it better to select armour/equipment that occupies single slots to maximise affinity? 
  7. You have to fuse different types of affinity to a single piece, you can't just double up on the same?
Edited by bikeman223

15 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Paladin, Breaker (Warden)

• Monk 600%
  • Paladin 400%
  • Dark Knight 400%
  • Berserker 250%
  • Cyclic Warrior 250% 

I'm trying to puzzle out the build but I've got a few questions, mainly about affinities.

1. Do the affinities percentages need to be the same across both equipped jobs?
  2. The guide recommends 'Completing the trees for your desired jobs with experience and their Ultima/Evoker variants with Rat Tails', is this just referring to the jobs you equip or every job who's affinity is relevant to your build? Why upgrade the variants if you can only equip one of the three?
  3. Can't you just buy limit releases from the exchange shop instead of doing world map quests for them?
  4. Do job mastery points only count for your 2 currently equipped jobs, every job you have mastered or just the 1 job you are currently switched into?
  5. Are certain weapon types better for this build?
  6. Is it better to select armour/equipment that occupies single slots to maximise affinity? 
  7. You have to fuse different types of affinity to a single piece, you can't just double up on the same?

1. I used the same equipment on both (they don’t stack, but means that when you switch, the % is the same)

2. no idea. But the breaker one is the only ultima one you’ll need to max for this build. 

3. I think with the newest dlc you can buy some from the shop BUT just do the missions on extra mode with Liberator and you’ll get the ones for paladin and breaker super quick (they are the only ones you need). Don’t worry about finding the ones in the chests. 

4. yes the equipped jobs, but they stack over those jobs. 

5. I Just used the huge sword, but that was because of the high physical. Though I did not test it, you should be fine with any weapon. Some of the heavy attacks with the huge sword (sorry can’t remember if it’s broad sword) are super powerful and I just put that on R1 > R2 and spammed. 

6. Mine were all single slots except for the chest which did the helmet too (I had like 400+ affinity for two jobs)

7. yeah you have to fuse different affinities to a piece of equipment but you can have multiple pieces of equipment with the same affinity. You just have to be smart with what you need. Then you just need the medals to increase the affinity by equipping the job and killing cactuars (as per the guide you can equip the same job twice [ie two beserkers] so you get only those medals for a cactuar kill)

8. I know there wasn’t an 8, but I was like you…stressing about the dlc. Once you start, you’ll get it and it’s actually really straight forward - take the leap and get it done. 

Cheers!

19 hours ago, xxSuikodeNxx said:

1. I used the same equipment on both (they don’t stack, but means that when you switch, the % is the same)

2. no idea. But the breaker one is the only ultima one you’ll need to max for this build. 

3. I think with the newest dlc you can buy some from the shop BUT just do the missions on extra mode with Liberator and you’ll get the ones for paladin and breaker super quick (they are the only ones you need). Don’t worry about finding the ones in the chests. 

4. yes the equipped jobs, but they stack over those jobs. 

5. I Just used the huge sword, but that was because of the high physical. Though I did not test it, you should be fine with any weapon. Some of the heavy attacks with the huge sword (sorry can’t remember if it’s broad sword) are super powerful and I just put that on R1 > R2 and spammed. 

6. Mine were all single slots except for the chest which did the helmet too (I had like 400+ affinity for two jobs)

7. yeah you have to fuse different affinities to a piece of equipment but you can have multiple pieces of equipment with the same affinity. You just have to be smart with what you need. Then you just need the medals to increase the affinity by equipping the job and killing cactuars (as per the guide you can equip the same job twice [ie two beserkers] so you get only those medals for a cactuar kill)

8. I know there wasn’t an 8, but I was like you…stressing about the dlc. Once you start, you’ll get it and it’s actually really straight forward - take the leap and get it done. 

Cheers!

Thanks this will help. I'm only at floor 17 now but I've decided to set up my build now to make things easier for the 21+ floors.

Edited by bikeman223

On 20/03/2023 at 3:19 PM, xxSuikodeNxx said:

Cheers!

So one small question. I've almost finished my build except for one area. My near death=damage taken is at 50% instead of 60%. My gear is at my current level cap and I can't improve the near death affects any more. Is it worth resetting the dragon store until I get an accessory with this affect or is it negligible at this point? 

Edited by bikeman223

I wouldn’t worry. Just play and you’ll find out. If it’s just to smash it out to level 30 for the trophy you’ll be fine. 

don’t do bosses at all when picking gates - certain death unless you are awesome. I am not awesome. Everything else is a cakewalk. 

31 minutes ago, xxSuikodeNxx said:

I wouldn’t worry. Just play and you’ll find out. If it’s just to smash it out to level 30 for the trophy you’ll be fine. 

don’t do bosses at all when picking gates - certain death unless you are awesome. I am not awesome. Everything else is a cakewalk. 

Yeah I found that out the hard way. But it doesn't seem too bad apart from that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - thanks for all the guidance thus far! So I am just starting this 2nd DLC also, and have been referring to the guides here on PSN Profiles which have been a huge help!

I have a super basic question that is preventing me from using the Dragon Medal Farming method outlined in the guide. I have not yet started going into the Rift Labyrinth but thought I would start setting up my build now.

At 2:17 in the video for Dragon Medal Farming, the player "stores" Aeroga using soul shield. When I try to replicate this, my "stored" Aeroga gets downgraded to a basic Aero very quickly. I am using just the base Sage job class. What am I doing wrong? Without being able to "store" Aeroga, the end-level bosses kill me super fast while I am charging up my spell.

13 hours ago, sundrew said:

Hi all - thanks for all the guidance thus far! So I am just starting this 2nd DLC also, and have been referring to the guides here on PSN Profiles which have been a huge help!

I have a super basic question that is preventing me from using the Dragon Medal Farming method outlined in the guide. I have not yet started going into the Rift Labyrinth but thought I would start setting up my build now.

At 2:17 in the video for Dragon Medal Farming, the player "stores" Aeroga using soul shield. When I try to replicate this, my "stored" Aeroga gets downgraded to a basic Aero very quickly. I am using just the base Sage job class. What am I doing wrong? Without being able to "store" Aeroga, the end-level bosses kill me super fast while I am charging up my spell.

I found Dragoon easier to use at first since he has an attack that pushes enemies that you should already have

16 hours ago, oYazmat said:

I found Dragoon easier to use at first since he has an attack that pushes enemies that you should already have

This. I couldnt do the Aeroga strat but using the push attack attached to R1 > R2 made it a cake Walk. 

if you dont have enough MP (or whatever it is, I can’t remember now) as you have done the attack too many times for one enemy, just kill yourself and only one enemy will remain.

after a few rounds of this youll be a pro. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain how the invincibility in Wanderer of the Rift works in Extra Mode?

I have Void Knight (lvl 99) and 400% Paladin affinity but I still die in a few hits. What am I missing here?

Edit: Nvm. I was an idiot.

Edited by Baker