Going back to PS3, some douts from a "Newbie"

penike59

Hello everyone!

I just got here searching for some advice. I am planning to recover my old PS3 and finish some games that I have pending, but I have some doubts and I would like to share them. If they are already answered somewhere, I apologize for the inconvenience.

1- Is it necessary to install the latest system patch? Some say it's better not to, but I don't know why.

2- You can still play online in some games, but is safe? Last time some years ago I played some CoDs and was full of hacks.

3. Still have in my inbox massages from obvius bots accounts. I erased all but open 1 by accident. Still dangerous after all this years?

4 Can still dowload games I have in my profile?

5 This is little silly, but I have some games with 0% on trophies cause I started them by accident. Now you can erase from the trophy list, but in PS3 seems you cant. Will appear on my account?

Thats all, thank you for the any help, and nice to meet you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2022 at 4:40 PM, penike59 said:

1- Is it necessary to install the latest system patch? Some say it's better not to, but I don't know why.

The only reason I can think of for this one is to exploit the console. Obviously something that is neither recommended nor condoned - and in some instances will be detected either by Sony themselves leading to console and/or account bans, or by PSNP leading to your account here being auto-flagged for potential cheating.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:40 AM, penike59 said:

Hello everyone!

I just got here searching for some advice. I am planning to recover my old PS3 and finish some games that I have pending, but I have some doubts and I would like to share them. If they are already answered somewhere, I apologize for the inconvenience.

2- You can still play online in some games, but is safe? Last time some years ago I played some CoDs and was full of hacks.

3. Still have in my inbox massages from obvius bots accounts. I erased all but open 1 by accident. Still dangerous after all this years?

4 Can still dowload games I have in my profile?

5 This is little silly, but I have some games with 0% on trophies cause I started them by accident. Now you can erase from the trophy list, but in PS3 seems you cant. Will appear on my account?

Thats all, thank you for the any help, and nice to meet you.

If you play a COD online, don't do BO2/BO3/W@W, as they tended to modded to hell.

• Like 1