how will PS5 games look on a HDTV 1080p?

rockstarjazz

3 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

They just look like ass watching movies. Got a c1 and its no match for my old pioneer plasma. It's close but for movies oled isnf the best.  Ain't tried this years tvs though

Did you turn off the frame smoothing feature on the TV? Unfortunately one doesn't exist for the brain or I wouldn't need to ask that.

• Like 2

All ps5 games will look better than a ps4 on a 1080 TV, you'll get upsampling, better fps, faster load times, a better controller, really good 3D audio etc.

And when you can afford a 4k/8k TV then you're set.
4k TVs are also insanely cheap these days. I picked up a 60" 4k OLED in the sales for £500 a few years ago, probably even cheaper now. 

If you have a ps4 pro and are still working through your backlog then upgrade your TV first. If you want to play PS5 exclusives then get the PS5 first.

7 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I was going to pile on the original post, but yeah, 24 FPS movies on 60Hz always look a bit jittery (especially noticeable when there's panning huge vistas), no matter what settings I use (well, I'm not using the horrible motion smoothing feature), these TVs are fantastic for 60 FPS nature documentaries, but movies where the camerawork should be smooth, it's eeh.

Exactly. I'm sure there great for games and netflix but its distracting technology for watching films and makes them un enjoyable.

But we are getting off topic 

• 3 weeks later...

downsizing is fine, its when you upsize that sucks. some of the old movies i have are weird dimensions like only 400 x 300. watching those on a 80 inch 4k is janky. but then i watch them on my 50 inch plasma 1080 and they look alot better. its not that huge of a leap from 1080 to 4k. i mean even when you get netflix the standard is 1080 and you have to pay extra for 4k. most things you watch arent even in 4k if you have a 4k tv unless its sports lol