Getting a Megastar on 37 Base Game Songs are extremely unfair

ThatDanteBlizzer

I am having trouble getting Megastar on 37 base game songs in the following:

▪︎Rock Your Body (The Gold Move didn't register as "YEAH!" rating. I kept getting "GOOD" and "OK" ratings on this song.)

▪︎Mood (Same thing as Rock Your Body)

▪︎Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels (Impossible to get a Megastar on this using a Move controller)

▪︎Boss Witch

▪︎Run the World (Girls)

▪︎Good 4 U

I did Mr. Blue Sky done as my first Megastar and It took me 2-3 tries. I did Chacarron and Jerusalema on my first try.

Any tips for the trophy?

On 1/2/2023 at 7:09 PM, Mr_pindonga said:

Las canciones de just dance unlimited 2022 cuentan, obtuve el trofeo "Dance Master" sin bailar las 37 canciones que vienen en lista oficial.

JDU songs does NOT count for the Dance Legend trophy. Only the base game (Kids and Extreme versions do NOT count)

Edited by DyrekRacc

I easily done most songs like Good 4 U and Boss Witch, on Megastar, using the phone controller.

Songs I did got a Megastar as my first try are Mr. Blue Sky, Chacarron, and Smalltown Boy.

The hardest songs to get a Megastar are Jopping, Run the World (Girls), Pop/Stars, and Buttons.

For Rock Your Body, it's the gold moves that are impossible to score. I did it correctly and it won't register. 10/10 troll from Ubisoft. ? 

Most songs I keep getting GOOD and OK ratings. And I would not give up!

Edited by HunterTheSqrl
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Bit late to the party. I would say the tracking here is a little more precise than in previous games (especially compared to Just dance 2018). It quite often cares a lot more about which direction the phone is being held. For certain moves. Run the world was definitely like this.

I've got a bunch of just dance plats and I wouldn't say this is unfair by any means. Compared to Just dance 2017 this hasn't quite risen to that level of challenge yet. Can't stop me now still gives me nightmares with its horribly inconsistent tracking.

That being said I haven't danced to all the choreos yet. I haven't done Jopping either.

Another thing that might help is using the phone controller. I used to be a move controller main but after playing some of the older games (where the tracking for PS move is so unforgiving) I switched. That might help you get unstuck.

• Like 1

Ok now that I have dance legend for this game (and dance legend for just dance 2020) I thought it might be worth giving an update.

So this list as a whole has a lot of contemporary dance, focusing on body rolls, slow movements etc. So there is a big emphasis on hand rotation to get some of the moves right. There were a few of the hard songs that took me 4-5 tried to get the mega for. But there were plenty of others that I could get done first try. The phone controller for this game is very forgiving.

But this game is definitely one of the easiest because you can skip 3-4 of the hardest songs you are struggling with. I think this game has 41 songs in its track list. And you only need 37 of them. In previous games it let you skip 1 or maybe two songs. But 4? That almost feels too generous tbh.

Love story is a bastard of a song where the tracking is unfair. But in most other cases a random surrogate move would get me a perfect which was nice.

By comparison just dance 2020 has unfair tracking on the phone and is really specific with hand movements a lot of the time. And it's list requires you to get megas on the whole track list. It would consistently take me 4-5 tries for just about every map in that game. That game is far less tolerant of surrogate moves so you definitely need to learn the choreo and the timing much more precisely.

Also in 2022 there are no stickers (so no repeating levels even after getting the mega) and the gacha machine only has 200 balls compared to 2020s 300 balls. So there is going to be far less grind post game. The 15000 you get for leveling up to 100 and the 1000 you get for signing up to JD unlimited will get you most of the way there.

For these reasons I think Just dance 2022 is likely the easiest modern Just dance game. Though that grind to level 100 is annoying as always. 

• Like 2

And I guarantee that alternate versions DO COUNT towards getting 37 mega star on the base songs. There are a couple easy alternates that you can play.

Also I would advise to try the difficult songs people usually mention because your experience with them might be different. The only song that I felt was kinda impossible was Buttons (use the alternate for a free mega star), but didn't have difficulty with Run the World, Jopping, Olivia Rodrigo's song, the witch one, and some others people usually complain. 

GravityQueeen.png

• Like 1

What helped me the most is watching YouTube videos of actual players who recorded themselves getting megastar on the song. That way you can see the almost exact movement they do on the controller and you compare it with what movement you are doing wrong.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:58 PM, grim_fendango said:

Ok now that I have dance legend for this game (and dance legend for just dance 2020) I thought it might be worth giving an update.

So this list as a whole has a lot of contemporary dance, focusing on body rolls, slow movements etc. So there is a big emphasis on hand rotation to get some of the moves right. There were a few of the hard songs that took me 4-5 tried to get the mega for. But there were plenty of others that I could get done first try. The phone controller for this game is very forgiving.

But this game is definitely one of the easiest because you can skip 3-4 of the hardest songs you are struggling with. I think this game has 41 songs in its track list. And you only need 37 of them. In previous games it let you skip 1 or maybe two songs. But 4? That almost feels too generous tbh.

Love story is a bastard of a song where the tracking is unfair. But in most other cases a random surrogate move would get me a perfect which was nice.

By comparison just dance 2020 has unfair tracking on the phone and is really specific with hand movements a lot of the time. And it's list requires you to get megas on the whole track list. It would consistently take me 4-5 tries for just about every map in that game. That game is far less tolerant of surrogate moves so you definitely need to learn the choreo and the timing much more precisely.

Also in 2022 there are no stickers (so no repeating levels even after getting the mega) and the gacha machine only has 200 balls compared to 2020s 300 balls. So there is going to be far less grind post game. The 15000 you get for leveling up to 100 and the 1000 you get for signing up to JD unlimited will get you most of the way there.

For these reasons I think Just dance 2022 is likely the easiest modern Just dance game. Though that grind to level 100 is annoying as always. 

Sounds like a good idea when I work on the Trophy Guide for JD 2022, instantly added you here.

On 6/6/2023 at 4:11 PM, GravityQueeen said:

And I guarantee that alternate versions DO COUNT towards getting 37 mega star on the base songs. There are a couple easy alternates that you can play.

Also I would advise to try the difficult songs people usually mention because your experience with them might be different. The only song that I felt was kinda impossible was Buttons (use the alternate for a free mega star), but didn't have difficulty with Run the World, Jopping, Olivia Rodrigo's song, the witch one, and some others people usually complain. 

GravityQueeen.png

If Alternate Routines do count for the Dance Legend trophy, This is got to be the easiest Just Dance game to platinum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatDanteBlizzer said:

If Alternate Routines do count for the Dance Legend trophy, This is got to be the easiest Just Dance game to platinum.

I didn't found this iteration to be particularly easy, I heard people blaspheming against 10 or so songs in the internet (the post above mentioning Love Story, for example), which is a super uncommon thing to happen to a JD, usually there are 1 to 3 songs that players agree that are very tricky to do or simply broken. For me 2022 felt superb at tracking, the phone is better than ever, only song that seemed impossible to mega star was Buttons. And the overall song list was challenging, usually I breeze and this time I didn't, I might be lacking skills, but I think it is both: I'm rusty but also the songs are a little bit harder. With everything said, though, this might be the easiest JD platinum simply because the trophy requirements were really capped out. I wonder what's the difficulty you will give in your trophy guide ? I would like to say, don't make it seem like it is that easy, good luck!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 5:48 PM, GravityQueeen said:

I didn't found this iteration to be particularly easy, I heard people blaspheming against 10 or so songs in the internet (the post above mentioning Love Story, for example), which is a super uncommon thing to happen to a JD, usually there are 1 to 3 songs that players agree that are very tricky to do or simply broken. For me 2022 felt superb at tracking, the phone is better than ever, only song that seemed impossible to mega star was Buttons. And the overall song list was challenging, usually I breeze and this time I didn't, I might be lacking skills, but I think it is both: I'm rusty but also the songs are a little bit harder. With everything said, though, this might be the easiest JD platinum simply because the trophy requirements were really capped out. I wonder what's the difficulty you will give in your trophy guide 1f914.png I would like to say, don't make it seem like it is that easy, good luck!

Hmm... I would still say this is a 4-5/10. The average person who hasn't played a just dance game before is going to struggle but it's easier than other games.

For reference my rankings (and other guide based rankings) for the PS4 games are as follows:

JD 17 is 8/10 because you need to get super on all the extremes (phone controller is essential, the tracking in this game is bad for some songs). Also online challenge mode is really annoying in this game (but it can be self-boosted).

JD 16 I want to say is a 4 - 5 / 10 (PS trophy guide has it at 2 / 10 which I think is a bit exaggerated). While you don't have to get any megas, the tracking is a bit unfair. That being said I never used the phone controller so perhaps it really is that easy.
JD 15 is often considered a 10 (based on the ps trophies guide) because of the ridiculous amount of online grinding (where you needed to get lots of wins in that battle mode to get points and you had to win in online to unlock each avatar). Though I haven't played this yet, the chinese version is next on my list.
JD 14 I would say is 5 - 6  / 10 (but the PS trophies guide is 4/10) my ranking is because the tracking is bad and Good Show is tricky (because there aren't kid songs to cheese this with)
JD 21 is 6/10 (based on the guide), I would say the same is true for JD 19
JD 20 I would personally give a 7/10 (because the tracking is worse and getting super star on some of the all stars songs sounds difficult due to tracking issues from older maps)

JD 18 is a 5 / 10 (very grindy having to meet 30 bosses but there are plenty of afk methods for this). I would actually say the phone tracking for JD 18 is quite similar in forgiveness to JD 22 oddly enough.

That being said, as a base line I think all JD games could be ranked 5 / 10 at a minimum. They are very skill dependent. Even in the games without mega stars / super stars the tracking can be really bad making even getting 5 stars hard. Yes this is one of the easier games. But in practice I don't think the difference would be significant enough to effect the overall difficulty ranking too much to make it much lower than a 5.

Edited by grim_fendango
  • Like 2