Please keep the Trophy Tip feature

I agree the tips should stay.

What would be even better is if trophy guide creators could use them,crediting the original tip authors.

In my opininion guides can never replace or be better then tips because theres often different ways to get a certain trophy and its a great plus to get different opinions and feedback.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to weigh in on the removal of such a useful feature....

I don't have the time to write the equivalent of 3 page guide for getting all trophies in any game.... I think guides can be useful however they they can be information overload for a person who just wants to get that one trophy that doesn't seem to have a clear cut process of unlocking (eg Kicking a chair with Bad Cop in the Lego Movie Video Game)

I wanted to contribute a tip to trophy for Payday 2 the heist (Doctor Fantastic to specific) because the current tips are confusing and not really helpful in finding the right engine the first time, was planning on posting a link with a little instructions on how to use said link that helped me get the trophy first try....

I don't have the knowledge to contribute a full guide to all the trophies of Payday 2 as I've yet to figure out how to get them all (especially the ones that require complete stealth which is very hard)

I don't plan on ever contributing a full guide to this site but I have and was continuing to plan on submitting tips for trophies but I that isn't going to happen anymore.

I have to ask, as I don't follow news or changes on this site closely, was there any feedback, poll, discussion on changes before they were done? I'm sure the community did want a guide section implemented but not at the expense of loosing the ability to submit tips for individual trophies.

• Like 1

This is such a bad decission. The quick and easy access to tips for specific trophies is what makes this site unique and useful. Comprehensive guides can be found elsewhere, and we don't really need another trophy guide site.

So there are some useless tips here and there. Just make a 'not helpful' button for users to decide, and make useless tips not show up by default. That's an easy fix to a not very large problem.

Is there anywhere one can read the line of thought behind this decission? I would like to make sense of it.

You just gave a perfect example on why tips suck: you used a trophy guide on another site first.

On the contrary, this is an example on why guides suck. If they didn't he would have stayed on the guide site, wouldn't he?

• Like 1