"Solution" for the online trophies

EdinhoN

Well, actually there's no solution for some players, but it will certainly help the majority.

The issue with this game is probably similar to Red Alert 3, where EA accounts recently created couldn't play at all.

I've tried my main against an alt on 2nd ps3 (alt created 1 or 2 years ago) and it never saved my progress, even after waiting for a weekly reset after my first match.

As soon as switched my alt to an old 2013 alt, the matches started to count. So for some reason, you can play online without issues on this game but that whole EA account ID problem from Red Alert 3 is present on trying to save the match stats.

My EA account is from 2013, but what actually matters is your EA profile automatic ID for a specific platform, for example even if my EA Account is old enough, Red Alert 3 and this game didn't work on Xbox because I played my first EA game there in 2022 (I had a 13 digit ID when I looked on Xbox and 8~9 on PS3). This is a unique ID which you have no control of (probably EA's primary key on database), so if you've played your first EA game after 2019-ish forget about this game.

If you have an old account, just find another old account partner to boost and it should work normally.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This makes me wonder how many other games from this period have or had the same problem but no-one realised it at the time 1f914.png.

Probably all old EA games have this problem. It just got noticeable after 2019~2020 when new accounts started being created with 13 digits ID. I wonder if for games like Battlefield Bad Company, that might be the reason why the servers are so prone to crash when some people join, perhaps they are 13 digit ID people crashing it? I'll stay aware for every old EA game from now on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maneater2016 said:

Unfortunately I don't have an old account and my alt ea accounts are even newer. If you could borrow someone's ea account which works and link to your psn account, it should solve this problem too. But it's hard to borrow someone's account, not even alt accounts1f614.png

That's also against site rules and will get you flagged.

3 hours ago, maneater2016 said:

Unfortunately I don't have an old account and my alt ea accounts are even newer. If you could borrow someone's ea account which works and link to your psn account, it should solve this problem too. But it's hard to borrow someone's account, not even alt accounts1f614.png

Even if it's not against the rules I don't think this would work, you'd depend on EA support being helpful and that would completely wipe your progress and your friend's progress on all EA games. Also it's not guaranteed that EA wouldn't generate a new ID for this situation, so I guess there's no good workaround for new accounts.

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Even if it's not against the rules I don't think this would work, you'd depend on EA support being helpful and that would completely wipe your progress and your friend's progress on all EA games. Also it's not guaranteed that EA wouldn't generate a new ID for this situation, so I guess there's no good workaround for new accounts.

According to some Medal of Honor Warfighter boosters, you'll still have your progress on all those games after unlinking and relinking your ea account. But honestly I'm not 100% confident.

About generating a new id, your theory is that a new internal id is generated every time it's linked to a psn account and replace the previous one? Then it must be a 13 digit id if we do this and this ea account is screwed too. My theory is that internal id is generated the first time it's linked to a psn account and it won't change. But who knows unless someone tests it.

Anyway I have to agree on your conclusion there's no good workaround atm. Damn ea.

21 minutes ago, maneater2016 said:

According to some Medal of Honor Warfighter boosters, you'll still have your progress on all those games after unlinking and relinking your ea account. But honestly I'm not 100% confident.

About generating a new id, your theory is that a new internal id is generated every time it's linked to a psn account and replace the previous one? Then it must be a 13 digit id if we do this and this ea account is screwed too. My theory is that internal id is generated the first time it's linked to a psn account and it won't change. But who knows unless someone tests it.

Anyway I have to agree on your conclusion there's no good workaround atm. Damn ea.

It's hard to say, the problematic ID is actually something called a "Persona ID" in their database, It's unclear how a persona is created, but it's different for every console, there's a chance that unlinking an old account could be considered a new Persona and then this old account (working for your friend) could be screwed for him too afterwards.

On 12/01/2023 at 6:41 PM, maneater2016 said:

Which rules are you talking about here?

This one:

This thread is for Army of Two: The 40th Day but the posts on the first page, apply to this matter as well, though it's academic anyway, because you can't link another person's EA account to your own if this thread is accurate.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

It's hard to say, the problematic ID is actually something called a "Persona ID" in their database, It's unclear how a persona is created, but it's different for every console, there's a chance that unlinking an old account could be considered a new Persona and then this old account (working for your friend) could be screwed for him too afterwards.

It's called Internal ID and someone figured it out when Red Alert 3 was still alive. Check out the link below. You were also in that discussion lol.

Anyway even if this so called solution would work, best to borrow someone's alt ea account as they'll need their main for themselves and certainly won't risk it for anyone. We don't want to jeopardize it either.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This one:

This thread is for Army of Two: The 40th Day but the posts on the first page, apply to this matter as well. It's academic anyway, because you can't link another person's EA account to your own.

Well then screw ea. I give up.

• 2 weeks later...