Game Crash To Corrupted Save

epic_heroxx

Just got done w/ the entire main campaign & all but one side missions which has to do with slaying the world boss, decided to go ahead & start up the second DLC area & my game crashed. Next time I loaded in I got a "Corrupted Save" file notification resetting my entire character back to (lvl 1). I have tried going to cloud storage/console storage & only option is a lvl 11 character from 5+ days ago is there any other way of getting my save back or is it lost forever :( & I have to restart from pretty much scratch. 

25 minutes ago, MaRo-1000 said:

I had the same thing, i was about to make my Char 100% for the platinum, got into the second DLC and it crashed.... boom all gone, never ever will i go into an dlc before i got the platinum.

Yep, exactly what happened to me could have easily platinumed the but I wanted to do the dlc first & payed the price, thought I had auto upload save to cloud but guess it didn't work so am starting all over :( least the game is some what enjoyable. 

51 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Once a save is corrupted, it's gone forever if you don't have a backup handy :(. It's because of situations like this, why I make frequent backups to both the Cloud and a USB Drive wherever possible so there's always a clean copy somewhere.

I started doing the same w/ the auto upload to cloud feature since I had my game corrupt 3x on GTA lll remake but I guess it wasn't uploading the save. But thx for the advice

6 hours ago, MaRo-1000 said:

I had the same thing, i was about to make my Char 100% for the platinum, got into the second DLC and it crashed.... boom all gone, never ever will i go into an dlc before i got the platinum.

In that case, it sounds like a reproducible bug that happens if you don't have the all challenges complete trophy done before starting the Hammerlock DLC :(. I've not heard of this one before so it's a new one on me but I'll keep an eye out for more info. Also, don't rely on the auto-upload, because it's unreliable so always do it manually.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

^^^ Yeah it does. One of my kids data corrupted last year and it had moved everything. Lost a 4TB external hard drive through it and I wasn't able to fix it. Couldn't wipe it on a laptop, neither could a place I took it too.

Unrelated but I also had my data corrupt recently on my PS4 and I hadn't done a USB back up in months so I lost pretty much everything since I don't use the cloud.

I was fortune enough that I only had difficulty specific runs left on Res Evil 2 so I was able to finish the platinum without having to read the files or shoot the raccoons over again.

I'm also having more errors than usual, console just crashes even if I've just been browsing the store a little while. What's strange is it isn't even giving me the usual CE error it's just giving me a black screen forcing me flip the switch which then leads to the storage repair screen. Guessing my PS4 is on it's last legs.

Yeah, it sounds like either your Hard Drive or GPU is failing so will need repairing :(.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I never use that feature, I've known it to upload corrupted saves :/

Noted every few hours I'll just save & quit & upload my save to the cloud manually if my save gets corrupted ill lose a few hours but better than an entire playthrough lol. & currently I'm doing another playthrough, I opened all DLC packs in prep so they are all pre-loaded & going test out if the game still crashes further down the line. 

I've no advice on your save file I'm afraid, but I've been playing this is on PS5 and noticed that after awhile in game if a cut scene plays (like from starting the DLC or meeting Zed, Moxxi etc) the game crashes. Not sure if it's because it's on PS5 but it's definitely the cut scenes making it crash.

19 minutes ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

I've no advice on your save file I'm afraid, but I've been playing this is on PS5 and noticed that after awhile in game if a cut scene plays (like from starting the DLC or meeting Zed, Moxxi etc) the game crashes. Not sure if it's because it's on PS5 but it's definitely the cut scenes making it crash.

That sounds like a PS5 backwards Compatibility issue to me.

6 hours ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

I think I figured the issue out but really have not solid evidence. However when you play through the game & enemies drop items/ you drop items ex. those items never disappear from the floor unless you save & quit or close application. So when my game corrupted/crashed after entering a new DLC I was on like a 10+ hr session of not saving & quitting & closing application. So I'm assuming that if you go to long & open up and discover new areas w/ out closing or saving once & awhile the game will overflow with to much memory/assets & just crash on the next as you said cut scene or so on.  

On 16/01/2023 at 5:13 AM, epic_heroxx said:

I think I figured the issue out but really have not solid evidence. However when you play through the game & enemies drop items/ you drop items ex. those items never disappear from the floor unless you save & quit or close application. So when my game corrupted/crashed after entering a new DLC I was on like a 10+ hr session of not saving & quitting & closing application. So I'm assuming that if you go to long & open up and discover new areas w/ out closing or saving once & awhile the game will overflow with to much memory/assets & just crash on the next as you said cut scene or so on.  

I'm not sure how true it is that items don't disappear. I'm fairly certain I've had items disappear while I've been afk. It did take awhile though, maybe 15-30min.

• 4 months later...

This happened to me recently. I got my Salvador to Op 10 with loads of Op10 weapons, and pearlescent weapons! I came in to sanctuary and experienced a game crash and corrupt file! Worse of all, I was playing with someone online who claimed he experienced the same issue, and asked me to upload all my saves to the cloud and replace them and download the save again. Without thinking too much did as was told overwriting my back up (stupid of me). Wallah! I lost my level 80 op10 Salvador. Anyways I was lucky to have a save up on the cross save but all the way back to level 68. Worked my way up to op10 with some gear thanks to some fabulous people online.  Since this incident, I always upload my character on cross save every 2 hours 

Edited by MadPax5000

• 2 months later...

Also had this happen to me, lost 80 hours after having done everything except a few badass ranks, level 50 and the raid boss in the base game, finished DLC1 then loaded into DLC2. Game crashed, corrupted save. I had had the game crash pretty regularly throughout the game, typically whenever a character introduction cutscene would play but it never caused a corrupt save. These cutscenes specifically would be locked at 30fps too. The crash that caused the corruption happened when the game attempted to play the intro cutscene for DLC2.

I'm almost back at the point I was now while not having a single crash in the entire game and every cutscene played at 60fps. I had every DLC installed prior to starting the game, fully patched and playing on PS5. Nothing has changed outside of my save corrupting and restarting from a fresh save file.

I don't know what caused those cutscenes to play at 30fps, nor why the game kept crashing.

• 1 month later...

i played all the campaign on medium difficulty without any trouble caused by the game on ps5. i backuped my saves regularly, long or short sessions - no problems. then i played the last sidequests on evening and got the last trophies involving siedquests and equipment. i thought it was a good thing to start at the beginng of the pirate dlc (listed as first dlc trophy pack) and directly after the cutscene that you can't prevent from starting when switching to the dlc it corrupted my save game. forgot to backup before playing so i lost this evening but that wasn't that bad for me.

i remember playing this game when it was offered for free on psplus. that was on ps4 pro and the same issue. campaign no problems - switching to dlc corrupted the save games from me and my brother (we played coop on ps4 via internet).

so i think it has something to do with switching to the dlc (stayed in the dlc without issues until now, did not try switching to normal game and back to dlc) when youi already played some missions or did whatever on normal game. i suggest a clean start because switching to the dlc from a "rebooted" game didn't cause any trouble and playing the dlc worked all fine.

• 2 months later...

Okay so this just happened to my little brother and by process of elimination I think I have found the cause of the issue to be the dlc’s. He played as axton and me a zero, when we got to level 50 (or end of tvhm) I said we can boost, he joins my Salvador (op10) and I’ll kill the dummy, speedrun him to sanctuary and he boosts me, ANYWAY! After I get him to 80 we travel to Tina dlc (still on my Sal) and we get him a bee, I tell him to load up his save and boom his save is corrupted! Now this happened to me WAYYYY back when the handsome collection first came out and it was to do with being in dlc before your new playthrough, I’ve read multiple articles online and majority of the people who have the same issue are all talking about being in dlc beforehand,I think the game may try to run two “cutscenes” (1 being whatever dlc and 2 being the whole claptrap shpiel “oh your not dead!”) at the same time when you start and BOOM YA SAVES GONE!  personally before you end game I think you should go to sanctuary just to be safe, and also make backups when possible 

• 1 month later...

So odd to me that so many people have this issue. I've played the game for over 400 hours. Got all the trophies, got my Zer0 to OP6, Krieg to 80, all the other characters into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, beat each DLC a few times, and I never had the game crash even once on PS4 Slim, let alone corrupting my save data. Very unfortunate, but it sounds like the conditions for it happening are somewhat specific, so maybe it makes sense it never happened to me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2023 at 11:13 PM, epic_heroxx said:

I think this is what just happen to me. sucks I have do this all over again. quite sickening I literally just beat the game. I entered Carnage dlc if that matters. I was going to tackle that dlc first.

Edited by iSympathie
  • Like 1