Tips for Different Future DLC

Just a heads up that the dlc has two bosses that have a move that van dispel the liberator or runic protection exploit. 

This is the warrior of light from the first dlc and the final boss of this dlc. 

For one throphy you need to beat a gauntlet of 4 bosses of which these two are number 3 and 4. They killed me a few times but I found out that: 

- the warrior of light only dispels your protection with slash of light and he only uses this move when there is some distance between your character. He will never use this move when he is directly in contact with your character. If you see him jumping away from you, he can either do a stab attack or attack with slash of light so be ready to dodge that. He will never use it if he is running towards you. Also he uses this move way less in his second phase. 

- The final boss has only one move that can bypass your protection and that is his grab move with the "red aura". He doesn't use it a lot but just be careful to always dodge that since its instant death. 

One you figure out those patterns, its easy to take them down.

The dlc is indeed way easier then the 2nd one so no new build is needed at all ^^. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Just a heads up that the dlc has two bosses that have a move that van dispel the liberator or runic protection exploit. 

For one throphy you need to beat a gauntlet of 4 bosses of which these two are number 3 and 4. They killed me a few times but I found out that: 

- the warrior of light only dispels your protection with slash of light and he only uses this move when there is some distance between your character. He will never use this move when he is directly in contact with your character. If you see him jumping away from you, he can either do a stab attack or attack with slash of light so be ready to dodge that. He will never use it if he is running towards you. Also he uses this move way less in his second phase. 

- The final boss has only one move that can bypass your protection and that is his grab move with the "red aura". He doesn't use it a lot but just be careful to always dodge that since its instant death. 

The dlc is indeed way easier then the 2nd one so no new build is needed at all ^^. 

Thanks man! I'll add this to the main post.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr-Greneda said:

Sry guys, but i didnt know if im to stupid, but how can i start the missions from Dlc 3? Im in the 2nd now and didnt find anything about that. 

No worries, but you'll have to finish the storyline of Wanderer of the Rift (by defeating the Death Machine) in order to access the content of DIFFERENT FUTURE.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2023 at 2:08 PM, Yunaly89 said:

Hello I defeated the death machine but I still can't start the dlc

Hey there, I would also check your floor level in your current DLC2 game. I had gotten most trophies by joining others and had actually never hosted/solo'd past floor 19 (yet, had the DLC completed). When I finished the next 2 it unlocked the DLC mission and you'll get a notification on screen about it.

Hope that helps

On 1/27/2023 at 2:42 PM, Laozuli said:

Thanks for the tips. So, I've been sorta not into the game as much since the DLC hit, and have been using the extra mode lame method just for trophies. It takes me about 5 min to get the bar down with my below average build. WOL I have down completely, no issues there - however - I can't figure out the tells on the final boss.

I could stay close, hack 80% of his bar and never see the grab move, but then when in close he'll get me with it. Earlier in the fight he will stand there with the red orb fist, but I always seem to interrupt it.

I guess I'm just not sure how to get the pattern down, unlike the Radiant Slash which is well telegraphed IMO.

Is it totally RNG and I could get through without seeing it? (again, with my wack build it takes a while and I know that's adding to the problem!)

EDIT: Got it after a few tries, but not looking forward to the 4 boss Mission. At least Co-Op is available...maybe get lucky finding a group.

Edited by ExodusAttack85

3 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

Hey guys i'll start dlc tomorrow, it's possibile to get all trophies on extra mode?

Yep, everything's doable in Extra.

4 minutes ago, ssiewchee said:

Hi guys, anyone know how to activate "Distant Memories: Supreme Illusions" mission? cant find it.

It's at the Hall of the Dark Crystal, you just might have to scroll over once it's selected. You need to beat Despair Advent before it's available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

Thanks a lot. So, why people have issues beating the Warrior of light and the final boss of it's possibile to do in extra mode?

Like before with Warrior of Light, the radiant slash move cancels your buffs if you are using the Extra Mode exploit. It's pretty well telegraphed though, easy to dodge, and you can likely reapply the buff before getting hit. The following final boss has a grab move/instant death that is also easy to dodge if you have some distance from him. Unlike Radiant Slash which ONLY happens when spacing is between you, this instant death move seemingly just happens randomly. IMO, Don't corner the final boss, give yourself space to back up and dodge.

Again, this is if you are like me where you have a lackluster build and need to hack for a few min to get them down.

Lastly, the final Trophy Side Mission that unlocks is doable with Co-Op. You will likely be able to find a group farming and join in for a run and get the trophy. The community is very forgiving with this game. I just didn't put much effort into the last DLC and lost motivation to grind.

Cheers and good luck!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

Thanks a lot. So, why people have issues beating the Warrior of light and the final boss of it's possibile to do in extra mode?

Like Exodus said, it's likely a combination of being impatient in the battle and/or having a severely underpowered build. Also possible people left some Trials of the Dragon King modifiers on accidentally, I guess? I've made that mistake more than I'd care to admit after grinding for materials.

Assuming you followed the recommended build from the second trophy guide, build shouldn't be an issue. The extra defenses and HP that build grants you should allow you to survive a few hits if you do mess up. My strategy for the fights was using Breaker with Lunatic/Runic Protection/Sentinel. I'd do three hits into charged Brutal Tackle, dodge away to reapply buffs, wait for an opening, and repeat. I got hit by Radiant Slash a few times but I was never really in any danger.

5 hours ago, Zeppelinlee said:

Does the 3rd DLC offer equipment and builds that make getting to floor 30 in the 2nd DLC easier? I lost all enjoyment I was having with the game in the 'grind for a build' phase

They made better equipment drop from Extra mode in a patch before dlc3.

On the other hand, this dlc do drop better equipment since the added missions are on the same level as floor 30, which you can raise using the new Dragon Trial and get even better equipment, do note that in order to unlock dlc 3 you need to have beaten dlc2 (by reaching floor 21 and doing the Null Void).

But, extra mode still drops inferior equipment.

You still need to "grind for a build", there is no build that comes without grinding, it's just a somewhat quicker grind now (depending on the build you are trying to make, some builds are way easier to make than others).

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 1