Lazy Trophy icons?

SuchRemorse

1 hour ago, SuchRemorse said:

Ok so indie games that have less than 10 people working on the game can manage to make nice trophy icons. You mean to tell me that a AAA title by a well established company can't devote SOME time to making a few icons? They definitely have the resources and money. This is just lazy on the Devs part. Maybe they didn't care but it has nothing to do with resources. Not at this level anyway. The thing that makes a AAA game in the first place is attention to detail and making ALL aspects of the game/icon/advertising/support in the first place. That's what makes it AAA. Not just saying oh... they didn't have time or they wanted to focus on something else. I'm not saying icons are THAT important. But it definitely would show they care more about their project instead of slapping the same generic icon across all trophies.

I get your point, but it's about what is given priority in development and what people are available at what time. It has nothing to do with being "lazy". 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Quit with the back and forth and please stay on topic or take it to a PM. It's derailing the entire topic, and I had to remove several posts.

Yes... Thank you.

1 hour ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

I get your point, but it's about what is given priority in development and what people are available at what time. It has nothing to do with being "lazy". 

Games take YEEEARRRS to develop. You don't think they could have found 1 or 2 days to make a few icons? And if you argue that it takes longer than that then yes. Maybe it does. But they could have taken some screen shots of some bosses .. or content ingame to make as an icon. It's not that hard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 1:22 AM, Biscoito18 said:

This shows that the developers don't care enough about the entire product.

This is a bit of a stretch. I understand that this is how you view it but i could also see the trophy thought as an afterthought especially if you've placed so much care into a good functioning game  they aren't prioritized the same at all. Several great games have minimalistic looking trophy art, that doesn't correlate to a bad game.

Edited by stitchesnscars