Tracking Ciphers?

Bezelius

I can clearly see how many Ciphers I'm missing, but is there a way to determine, which ones exactly? I see they are numbered on Wikis etc, but I couldn't find any way to see which one is already picked. It might speed up my runs, if I knew which rooms I don't need to scavenge. 

AFAIK, there's no way to know exactly what you are missing. Your best bet is rushing the biome without fighting enemies and zooming out the on-screen map so you can see the whole room as you enter it.

However, I would recommend finishing Act 3 and all the house sequences and only then go for the collectibles.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Why is this?  Do you not have all the abilities to access some areas before the act 3 boss?

I don't know the exact specifics but I read somewhere some collectibles will only spawn after certain points in the story. Given how random the spawns are, I would personally not go for the cleanup before finishing all acts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I don't know the exact specifics but I read somewhere some collectibles will only spawn after certain points in the story. Given how random the spawns are, I would personally not go for the cleanup before finishing all acts.

Good to know thanks

34 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Why is this?  Do you not have all the abilities to access some areas before the act 3 boss?

Throughout the game you gain equipment which allows you to traverse new areas. I believe the last one is acquired in Biome 5, but there may be one in Biome 6. I can't remember. It's been a while since I finished the game. It's pointless to go farm for collectibles until you have all equipment.

Additionally, once you finished Biome 6 and enter act 3 you have to play through each biome again, so there's a built in replay already once you beat the final boss.

Unless you start tracking from the start, there's no way to track which ciphers are missing. You will just need to make speed runs through areas looking for them. Once you are to the point where you don't need collectibles in all biomes, but just a few select ones, one piece of advice I would give is to make a cloud save right before entering each biome to save yourself having to do the path leading up to it. Then if the biome doesn't have what you need, download the cloud save. The map is generated once you enter the biome.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2023 at 3:28 PM, Komrade_Dusty said:

Throughout the game you gain equipment which allows you to traverse new areas. I believe the last one is acquired in Biome 5, but there may be one in Biome 6. I can't remember. It's been a while since I finished the game. It's pointless to go farm for collectibles until you have all equipment.

Additionally, once you finished Biome 6 and enter act 3 you have to play through each biome again, so there's a built in replay already once you beat the final boss.

Unless you start tracking from the start, there's no way to track which ciphers are missing. You will just need to make speed runs through areas looking for them. Once you are to the point where you don't need collectibles in all biomes, but just a few select ones, one piece of advice I would give is to make a cloud save right before entering each biome to save yourself having to do the path leading up to it. Then if the biome doesn't have what you need, download the cloud save. The map is generated once you enter the biome.

great advice thanks

Unfortunately, no way to track ciphers. If they would have labeled them similar to the Xenoglyphs it would be a huge quality of life improvement to this grind. 

If anyone has any questions, just PM me or reach out on PSN. I have a couple of good tips that I can share. There is some additional help I can offer, but since we aren't allowed to post taxi/carry threads, you will have to reach out to me separately or you may see other trophy hunting websites showing which collectibles I can run people to. My biggest tip would be grab a quick screen shot before picking up each cipher. This will save you a ton of time during cleanup while still allowing you to play without having to follow a guide. 

Edit: Another tip I just want to really push to people. Follow @Optinooby collectible's guide on this site. It is amazing and while it looks daunting at first, just focus on beating the three acts while taking screenshots of your ciphers. Then go to the guide and come up with a name for each picture. It helps it stick in your mind which room/rooms you are looking for in each biome. 

Edited by iamthedotcom