Any Fun?

noyjoy

I personally found this game a lot of fun. Yes, the graphics are a bit old, but the story is interesting. The story is more hinted at through brief cutscenes and bonus materials you find (in the form of rubber ducks) scattered throughout the levels. There are many puzzles, but all can be figured out and are moderately challenging without being frustrating. I haven't played another game quite like it, so it's difficult for me to describe what it's like, but the best I can do is that it's like the psn game Rain: it's short (about 8 hours without a walkthrough), with an abstract story line, and eerie. Master Reboot just has more jump scares and more challenging puzzles.

For the best gameplay experience, I would recommend playing it in English first, and try to collect all the rubber ducks so you can get a good sense of the interesting story. If you want the trophy for playing the game in Welsh, don't hesitate to do it as a second playthrough. Since you know the puzzle solutions this time around, it should only take you about 4 hours to complete.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 20/03/2014 at 1:20 AM, KhajiitWerewolf said:

If you want the trophy for playing the game in Welsh, don't hesitate to do it as a second playthrough. Since you know the puzzle solutions this time around, it should only take you about 4 hours to complete.

Just when I thought I'd seen it all in the world of stupid trophies. I played for about 40 minutes - very unexciting, both in terms of gameplay and graphics. Couldn't get into this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it. The trophy for collecting all ducks glitched for me but I liked the excuse to play it again in English so I could understand a bit more. The puzzles were quite fun, was nice to not be tempted to look up a guide either since they weren’t too challenging. 

The worst parts were probably the platforming and the art style for the cutscenes which didn’t fit the rest of the game.

• 2 months later...

Its not a bad game for a PC port.  It is what it is.

TIP: If you are interested in the story instead, you can always finish the game without changing the language and once back on the main menu, change it to Welsh and replay the last part of the game (eliminating an extra playthrough.) Thanks to Give_the_word for this info.

Edited by Paradigmatica
  • Like 2