Where are my non-macro friends at?

12 minutes ago, CraigyCX said:

Finally got this the other day. I managed about 700 of the challenges (forbidden connectors at 5k each was a big help) which cut my grind considerably.

I did all but 4 of the forbidden myself. I was on 78 when I started grinding. 

I worked it out and doing any challenges i had left less than 5k experience just weren't worth it time wise.

It was a lot more -fun- to do them though. I just wanted it over ASAP. 

I also did all characters so I beat the game 24 times. I did do a one million combo every run though. It was not as fast but more enjoyable for me.

I think I was level 97 after that. So just three more levels of doing the combo over and over again.

Some of the challenges were just too hard for me to pull off. Like the hidden scores in each level. That is tough.

• Like 3

Thanks for reminding me of the pain.

I did this for a solid 12-15 hours a few years back. I got 2nd fastest (at the time) after already getting platinum on another account. Wanted to do it fast and wow did I regret it a few hours in. The method at the time was to do several 900s, then end run and restart. Pressing 5+ buttons a second for over half a day straight absolutely destroyed my forearms. You'd think my fingers and hands would be finished, but no, it was the forearms as I was holding the controller awkwardly to make it easier to button mash the correct combo for what seemed like the foreseeable future.

Just for a trophy.. 

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Riiszk said:

Thanks for reminding me of the pain.

I did this for a solid 12-15 hours a few years back. I got 2nd fastest (at the time) after already getting platinum on another account. Wanted to do it fast and wow did I regret it a few hours in. The method at the time was to do several 900s, then end run and restart. Pressing 5+ buttons a second for over half a day straight absolutely destroyed my forearms. You'd think my fingers and hands would be finished, but no, it was the forearms as I was holding the controller awkwardly to make it easier to button mash the correct combo for what seemed like the foreseeable future.

Just for a trophy.. 

Is there anyway I can get the mp challenges done? Or have I just destroyed my completion rate lol with no mp games anymore. I can do the CAP stuff online but not the ranked stuff. Do you know if there's anyway around this?

7 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Is there anyway I can get the mp challenges done? Or have I just destroyed my completion rate lol with no mp games anymore. I can do the CAP stuff online but not the ranked stuff. Do you know if there's anyway around this?

You’ll be fine if you have a second controller, you don’t need to do ranked online for any trophies…fortunately.

9 hours ago, bobthecrazydog said:

Made it to level 93 before I ran out of characters and challenges I can access. Time to start grinding out 900s…

7 levels shouldn't be -too- horrible but still sucks lol.

Most levels seemed to take 45 minutes to 1hr depending how fast I was with it. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

My god, this platinum was so much fun... for every trophy except for reaching level 100. Those stupid 1,000,000 point combos on philly will forever haunt me. I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why vv decided to made leveling such a grind. Maybe they wanted to support the game with extra stages/ challenges but activision cut the plug?

Also, why the fck the mp gives you so little xp? i'm decent at tony hawk and i thougth that it'll would help me to level up winning mp matches but you get shit.

anyways...

On 3/10/2023 at 4:30 AM, GodKaio-Ken said:

7 levels shouldn't be -too- horrible but still sucks lol.

Most levels seemed to take 45 minutes to 1hr depending how fast I was with it. 

I actually recorded my progress and figured that leveling up using the philly method you can level up every 17 minutes if you optimize it

• Like 1