RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

On 02/05/2023 at 1:28 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

so far acasser, ApriIis, Arctic Cress, Armored_Oso66, blu3st4rdust305, Caju94, CokeEnnyday, fenrirfeather, kingofbatte8174, Leon Castle, Lord_Bane999, reaperveteran86, Sanevin, Sendai-Horatio, serrated-banner9, Taruta13, viola9fantasy, vividamage123, Xylobe and rental_barley93 are all to receive a Call Out.

I've already called one person out, but to help get the ball rolling on the rest of the list, I'll pick someone at random for a second if that's okay!

@Arctic Cress

Ys Origin

I absolutely love this game and the completion isn't too bad, just a little repetitive with its multiple similar playthroughs. Hopefully this call out will be the push you need to pull this game out from the depths.

• Like 3

Already have my next RPG in the list:

1Lb78b51.png
Ambition Record (PS4 edition)

POINTS: 100 + (5x7 + 7x2 + 20) = 164 - 49.37% = 114.63 points

Sadly, zero bonuses. There is zero dancing so it doesn't get seasonal and this is just a stand-alone so no series either. :(

It needs the dang bonuses because the last two trophies I got for this pile of hot garbage(do the special battle courses for Fortune Teller and Minstrel) are hot garbage RNG requiring you to farm the hardest three-wave arena fight in the game to get ONE ticket to pay for 'crafting' in hopes of getting one of two books starting with F, which to me is short for "F--K YOU, KEMCO, I AM NOW 48 HOURS CLOSER TO THE GRAVE WITH NO GLORY THANKS TO YOUR STUPID F--KING BS CASH SHOP REQUIREMENTS FOR THESE TWO JOB UNLOCKS!" :angry:

Thank the Twelve that KEMCO learned their lesson and haven't made a title with this sort of requirement ever again. The game is easy to get through, but these two job unlocks were terrible. Now if you excuse me, I'm going off to play LTTP Rando.

On 5/7/2023 at 9:02 AM, AlterArchuria said:

Dance Spoiler:

Hide contents

I really needed that image, Archuria, especially after the annoying 24 hour grind I was forced to do. Thank the Twelve for old Summer Games Done Quick replays to distract me or I would have just deleted this game and started another new account, or worse, smashed my PS4 through the window and jailbaited KEMCO for being jerkwads. ?

(Don't worry, I wouldn't go that extreme.)

EDIT: I decided to multi-task while grinding in my next planned title, so I downloaded the PS5 version of this turd and am going into it with a lot more planning. This time, instead of wasting ARP on crafting, I am using it to buy sets of Ultimate Berries to bump up Rafael and Henry's attack to 1000 before I get access to the Extreme Challenge so I can just auto-battle through everything. Hoping that the 10 Premium Tickets you get for completing all of the job arena fights(left counter person) will get me lucky and drop both the Fascination and Foresight books, but RNG is RNG. :(

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

Got completely distracted by a video discussing why Square-Enix, the most famous RPG company ever, should have refused to take on anything created by Stan Lee. xD

But anyways, just got my next RPG platinumted, and since I was talking about Square-Enix being an utter failure at making an action combat game based on an American franchise, this game is obviously from Square-Enix doing what they do best, and why I think the company holding Marvel should have been smart and not gone to an ROLE PLAYING GAME COMPANY for their ACTION COMBAT ADVENTURE. :P

1Ld18f49.png

Final Fantasy II

Points: 100 + (7x6 + 5x2 + 15) = 167 - 57.62% = 109.38 + 25(series stacker) + 50(seasonal stacker) = 181.38 points

This is probably the first time I actually played this game to completion. To me, FF2 is the worst FF game for me because it doesn't have a level system. Instead, you level up weapons and magic and slowly gain stats. The only reason I enjoyed this game over before was because of the boosts which allowed me to speed up the grind. In the end, I had Cure and Life at Level 16... only I didn't need them as even the enemies in the final dungeon failed to even hit me. I can see why people hate evasion tactics in Pokemon(Double Team, Minimize, etc) because if you can't be hit, you don't need healing. Even the shadow drop at the end, who didn't go through this grinding, got enough HP to survive anything and did decent damage with the Excalibur and Genji equipment. (although a Couatl did kill him by using Blaster X on him to reduce him to 1 HP and his buddy damaging him :().

Well, onto the next Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster. Dreading the FFVI on but I will give this nightmare fantasy a second chance.

Seasonal Stacker Bonus: I have to put in a spoiler for the image since I have to explain when it happens and I don't want to spoil this game for those interested. Unfortunately, the screenshot I had was on Twitter and this forum doesn't open pics there so I had to download it to my computer and save it on my scrap blog, but anyways...

Spoiler

dance.png

This ball dance sequence happens after you defeat the Emperor in his giant tornado of doom, just before you discover what happened to Leon, the fourth character who got brutalized with your party in the very first fight of the game.

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

Update #5 Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster

100+ (36+18+14) - 12.9 = 155.1 + 50 (New Game) + 50 (Series Stacker) = 255.1

I do not believe there was a seasonal bonus for rebirth in this game if I recall. Great game, taking a break from PR and focusing on Trinity Trigger. 

Edited by vividamage123
update fixed
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, vividamage123 said:

I do not believe there was a seasonal bonus for rebirth in this game if I recall.

The seasonal bonus has changed since it's May now. The bonus theme this month is dancing, so any dance scene or dance mechanics in a game counts.

That doesn't help you either as Final Fantasy IV doesn't have any dancing in it either. xD

Edited by Taruta13

So let's see... time for an update? Yeah, time for an update.

1L28d5f9.png
Final Fantasy III

Formula: 100 + (6x6 + 8x2 + 16) = 100 + 36 + 32 = 168 - 60.65% = 107.35 + 50 (Series Stacker) = 157.35 points

Last of the old Nintendo titles is finished. I usually play on original soundtrack but tried the arranged battle music while running about Sealed Cave to get one of my jobs to Level 99, and it was sort of grunge dope. :P Luckily, before I pushed to the end of the game on Friday(I went from Dragon's Peak all the way to World of Darkness in 24 hours), I spent six hours grinding job levels with four monks because I was following a guide... for the DS 3D remake. xD

Blessing in disguise as my second character had reached Level 90 in Monk so when I found out after getting all the bestiary and beating the game that all I had to do was grind a job level to 99, I loaded in the clear save game, flew all the way back to Sealed Cave, switched that guy to Monk, and just ran about the cave killing the weakest enemies in the game with No EXP and No Gil turned on so I didn't have to waste time waiting for the numbers to count down. The goblins were nothing to me. :D

Unfortunately, the other three Pixel Remasters will have to wait until June because they are on my Summer Backlog list... but I can kill time by cleaning up my KEMCO backlog. Well, except Frane: Dragon's Odyssey. Seriously, what was I smoking buying that piece of turdmanure? <_<

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, rental_barley93 said:

1 question about seasonal stacker is that every month a different seasonal stacker ? 

That's right, the theme changes every month. Last month was "rebirth", this month is "dancing." It is based on a theme. For example, April was rebirth because of the Easter holiday which involves the resurrection of Jesus Christ(sorry, I am a Catholic) and this month is dancing because of May Day and the tradition of dancing around the Maypole. I'm sure there will be some summer-related themes for June, July and August and October will involve Halloween in some day, November will be about Thanksgiving, and December will have a Christmas theme.

Hope that helped.

15 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

That's right, the theme changes every month. Last month was "rebirth", this month is "dancing." It is based on a theme. For example, April was rebirth because of the Easter holiday which involves the resurrection of Jesus Christ(sorry, I am a Catholic) and this month is dancing because of May Day and the tradition of dancing around the Maypole. I'm sure there will be some summer-related themes for June, July and August and October will involve Halloween in some day, November will be about Thanksgiving, and December will have a Christmas theme.

Hope that helped.

yeah it helped alot thanks i got my ps5 now for a while but i am hyped for marvel spiderman 2 it comes out somewhere this year if it not got delayed i have put it on my wishlist when i put the genre on rpg on ps5 on my library it stands that dead island riptide is a rpg but it does not make sense because its a zombie game 

On 5/12/2023 at 1:46 PM, Taruta13 said:

That doesn't help you either as Final Fantasy IV doesn't have any dancing in it either. xD

YES, there is dancing in IV where a dancer could turn player into a pig and later a dancer in the inn who dances. There is also a NPC later in the game who likes dancing more than fighting and will show you his moves. I'd say for FF series, there is more dancing each every game then previous one, with VI adding dancing QTEs.

17 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

YES, there is dancing in IV where a dancer could turn player into a pig and later a dancer in the inn who dances. There is also a NPC later in the game who likes dancing more than fighting and will show you his moves. I'd say for FF series, there is more dancing each every game then previous one, with VI adding dancing QTEs.

Well, unfortunate that I won't be playing those games until June so I won't get the dancing bonus for them. :P

Completion #8 - Final Fantasy V

Following the trend of pixel remasters... I'm going through them in reverse order though!

100 + (4xG, 12xS, 22xB) = 170 - 35.09 + 25 series stacker (#1) + 50 new game + 100 seasonal stacker (#3) = 309.91

Seasonal stacker - Dancing:

d4l02dr-7323ca99-f148-4921-89fa-13208667FFV obviously has a job based combat system with 'Dancer' being a job! I thought this artwork would be more interesting than a screenshot ;)

Edited by SWWDevereux
Fix points
  • Like 3

Update:

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings DX
100 + 70 - 38.83 = 131.17 + 125 + 50 + 75 = 381.17

Dance (Spoiler):

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/1TDx9Qj.jpg

(Not sure why the link isn't working as a picture)

Just in case before anyone ask Lydie is doing a dancing introduction as a sort of gag event.

• Like 4

Another update...

1L184924.png

Liege Dragon(PS5): 100 + (5x6 + 11x2 + 17) = 158 - 49.25% = 108.75 points

This game took forever to platinum because they actually threw in puzzles. The battles are pretty boring, just waves of enemies lining up to die. You learn magic spells by spending elemental stones you earn in battle, but all in all, it's meh. It doesn't have any frustrating challenges like finding the Maid Cup in an arena, and there is no clear save. At least it's easy to get everyone's trust up to max for the multiple endings, but the endings were lackluster. *yawn*

Plowing through the PS4 version just to get it off my bucket list. Actually started Kingdom Hearts III for the Kill Your Completion event and restarted Ni No Kuni Remastered to try to chip away at that while waiting for June to do the rest of the Pixel Remasters. (They are all on the Summer Backlog event.)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Guys, I sort of forgot what my x2 and x3 games were, so if someone could point me to the post I made about that, I'd be grateful. I feel like I knocked out a x2 without knowing. <_<

It is on the spreadsheet in the OP.

23 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

It is on the spreadsheet in the OP.

Okay, thanks. As a note, I think I will have the PS4 version of Persona 4 Golden be the triple point game as my Vita is now resting in peace in my family vehicle's glove compartment as I accidentally spilled soda on it and when my dad tried to replace the sticks, it messed up the buttons and unfortunately it's beyond repair, and I don't feel like spending $234 for a new one this month. :(

EDIT: Actually, I can't even afford to replace my Vita this month as the doctor who I went to for blood pressure meds decided to charge me a whopping $96 for a visit I made last month. (And I have to do a follow next month...) I double-dutched it with my dad so I only had to write up a check for $48, but even so, that puts me dangerous close to being unable to afford a Vita, so I will have to wait until June to replace it.

Edited by Taruta13

Hey finally got a game done

Final Fantasy 7

100 (base score) + (5xG, 13xS, 13xB) = 69 (trophy points) - 24.04 (platinum rarity) - 15 (50% completion before event) = 129.96 points scored.

Also got the seasonal bonus as there is an attack the enemy uses called Dance that drains MP so +50

Was called out by @Beyondthegrave07 and that triples my points, so that makes my points for this 539.88

If I did this wrong please let me know

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Hey finally got a game done

Final Fantasy 7

100 (base score) + (5xG, 13xS, 13xB) = 69 (trophy points) - 24.04 (platinum rarity) - 15 (50% completion before event) = 129.96 points scored.

Also got the seasonal bonus as there is an attack the enemy uses called Dance that drains MP so +50

Was called out by @Beyondthegrave07 and that triples my points, so that makes my points for this 539.88

If I did this wrong please let me know

final-fantasy-victory-final-fantasy7.gif

Congrats, man! Glad my little nudge was enough motivation to finish it!

• Like 1