RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

doe all the yakuza games have the rpg tag on it ? i have been following the last year rpg mania event and i saw some games completed like the yakuza games i thought first that only rpg games count and not combined with genre like rpg combined with adventure ? 

"Okay, time to start cracking on FFXIV, I got my soda, I got my snacks..."

*KABOOM!*

Sees the rain outside and turns off PS5.

"Welp, Eorzea will have to wait for tomorrow! Time to pull out the old Pokemon Black 2." ?

Seriously, I do not like Texas weather right now, too many random thunderstorms and you know that thunderstorms are the bane of a gamer's existence, what with, oh, power outages. :(:angry:⛈️

Spoiler

And accidentally fat-fingering the spoiler button... ?

#3 game:

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox: 100 + (2xG, 7xS, 44xB) = 70 - 20.88 (platinum rarity) - 0 (0% starting percentage) = 149.12pts 

For a Ys game, Monstrum Nox felt unusually easy and in retrospect, I wish I had known that and had started my first playthrough on Nightmare. But I had gone in blind, hoping to enjoy it to its fullest without my nose dipped in a guide. Did I enjoy it? Well… excuse me, I shall be on my way to preorder X now (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و  

Edited by Fenrirfeather
typo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

1L7f006c.png

NEXT GAME: Final Fantasy V

SCORE: 100 + (4x6 + 12x2 + 22) = 170 - 47.44 = 122.56 + 100(Series Stacker)  = 222.56 points

Would have gotten this up earlier, but the credits were ten minutes long! Sheesh! <_<

A great title and it was the one that almost moved me to tears at the end. No spoilers but I was thinking "Why the F*#% did Squaresoft be so anal as to not localize this!?!?!?!"

Too hard? Seriously, have you even played the SNES FF2, aka FFIV EASY TYPE? That's hardcore harder than this game, which introduced 74 abilities and a ton of jobs! I admit that the 4x EXP was helpful but enemies in the final dungeon DO NOT GIVE EXP. So I was at around a level average of 63. And I probably would have been sub 60 if I didn't have such trouble hunting a couple of monsters down for the bestiary(which I thought was incomplete as the four crystals do not get added but their entries are still blank, turns out that was not an issue).

A great RPG, I highly recommend it. Anyone who didn't realize why a Lalafell in FFXIV wearing a yellow cat hoodie is named Krile... go play this game. :P

Also...

*facepalm* Welp, never getting the season stacker for THIS month. :(

One more Pixel Remaster to go, and I am sort of dreading it because of the villain...

i saw those pixelremasters from final fantasy  i have been playing some different genres roleplay games are just awesome good luck with your last pixelremaster and all of the other rpg games you are going to play i going to play persona 3 portable i am back in the right direction from the game i have fused the needed personas but those that can be get from the start and lvl 9 at the moment i play with the female maincharacter i am enjoying it there are more interesting games out then 7 years ago  

Edited by maxfighter23___

On 6/8/2023 at 9:34 PM, Xylobe said:

After 269 hours, my fourth completion for this event is Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak! Only the DLC trophies for now, as I'm saving the base game's platinum for a milestone later in the year, but the only trophy remaining is a quick one that can be cleaned up at a moment's notice. If I've understood things correctly, my points look like:

(6*4) + (2*6) + (1*40) = 76 points!

Pour one out for the 200 Great Baggi whose noble sacrifices earned me the trophy for hunting 1000 Master Rank monsters.

Reveal hidden contents

Monster-Hunter-Rise-20230608212513.jpg

What strategy did you use for the 3k anomaly coins? Currently I've finished all of the crowns and started dedicating many hours tot he anomaly grind and I'm currently at level 103. Everything I've read for end game gear I don't have access to, because my MR is too low to have access to the higher Risen elders.

5 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

What strategy did you use for the 3k anomaly coins? Currently I've finished all of the crowns and started dedicating many hours tot he anomaly grind and I'm currently at level 103. Everything I've read for end game gear I don't have access to, because my MR is too low to have access to the higher Risen elders.

My strategy was to focus on research requests by joining online hunts until the player base started to dry up-- that happened around AR 120/130-ish and 2000 coins. Once you get to that point, you should hopefully have a decently farmable investigation to grind out the rest. Ideally you want a multi-target hunt with an easy afflicted monster and something like an Apex or TU monster like Gold Rathian or Seething Bazelgeuse. Even better if it has 3 targets. You should hopefully have options, so try to find one you can complete reasonably quickly solo with followers. I had an Afflicted Great Baggi + Apex Mizutsune + Lagombi quest that took around 15 minutes and earned around 40 coins per run, but if your AR is lower then the payout will be as well. Expect the full 0-3000 to take around 50 hours. There isn't really any good way to speed things up beyond that without using speedrun strategies with speedrun builds.

Regarding builds, I exclusively used Insect Glaive, and settled on a variation of the first build shown in this video. No Risen parts required! Not sure what your weapon of choice is, but it's possible they have a video on it with a build you can access.

Also, I never saw this mentioned anywhere, but be aware that all monsters in investigations are always a fixed size, so you'll never find a crown in one. Those will all need to be farmed separately.

12 hours ago, maxfighter23___ said:

i saw those pixelremasters from final fantasy

I do appreciate how you quoted my entire post. If you wanted to say "Hey, you platted this, coolies, I'm doing it too!", you can just quote the trophy image. No need to quote my entire review, and I don't think the mods would be happy to see cut-and-pastes of entire posts. xD

Anyways, I hate to rip off my band-aid, but I need to get this final Pixel Remaster done, insane clown or no. I am just going to stay muted as I play FF6 as I didn't really care much about the music here and I would like to avoid listening to Whooping Laughter. :(

21 minutes ago, maxfighter23___ said:

i got 1 question is dead island riptide rpg because it have the rpg tag on its with lvls side quests and so on  i saw yesterday the trophielist from it and thats how i noticed it if someone could confirm it that would be great 

Did you read the OP?

"To determine what games qualify, it should specify RPG on this site under Genre on this site. There will be instances where some games will have RPG as a genre but have no RPG elements or even actually be an RPG. In this instance, check on the thread or use one of these three websites to compare between to come to a consensus (PlaystationTrophies.org, PSNProfiles and TrueTrophies)."

To check, simply click on the game on your profile or search for it in the games section and click on it, and genres will be listed under the thumbnail.

Alternatively, you could find RPGs here.

https://psnprofiles.com/games?genre=12-role-playing-rpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Did you read the OP?

"To determine what games qualify, it should specify RPG on this site under Genre on this site. There will be instances where some games will have RPG as a genre but have no RPG elements or even actually be an RPG. In this instance, check on the thread or use one of these three websites to compare between to come to a consensus (PlaystationTrophies.org, PSNProfiles and TrueTrophies)."

To check, simply click on the game on your profile or search for it in the games section and click on it, and genres will be listed under the thumbnail.

Alternatively, you could find RPGs here.

https://psnprofiles.com/games?genre=12-role-playing-rpg

alright there are more interesting games then 7 years  ago then i played only fifa and assasins creed i play roleplay games shooters and so on its much more fun to game then 7 years ago i have watched rpg genre so i know now wich games really have the rpg genre i have read op here aswell its fun to have a competition like this to challenge each other and given each other callout bonus

Edited by maxfighter23___

Half way done with the anomaly grind with over 1,500 coins and I just got a quest that gives me an Afflicted monster, a Seething Bazelgeuse, and an Apex Rathian, at level 121 it gives me more than 50 coins per run. This should cut down my time signifgantly, 20 runs should net me 1k coins.

• Like 2

On 05/06/2023 at 5:55 AM, maxfighter23___ said:

doe all the yakuza games have the rpg tag on it ? i have been following the last year rpg mania event and i saw some games completed like the yakuza games i thought first that only rpg games count and not combined with genre like rpg combined with adventure ? 

Most Yakuza do have RPG elements so they do count. 

On 16/06/2023 at 11:20 AM, CokeEnnyday said:

@Psy-Tychist Hey bud, i haven´t checked the forum in a while hope im in time to nominate my double and triple point games!

for the double pointers im gonna go with Diablo V and Star Ocean: The Divine Force

For the Triple Pointer im going to go with The binding of Isaac Repentance

Cheers :D

I have added these. Have you got any games finished to be added?

war.png

Finally got back on the notorious hunt for FFXIV and actually got to Level 50 on both my jobs(the Arcanist branch evolutions in Summoner/Scholar and Ninja) before I got the airship from Stone Vigil and reached Garuda. Those Duty Support bots have made A Realm Reborn fun again. I still have to deal with greedy players for the non-story dungeons which I want to clear - seriously, I have to get some sabotenders from Cutter's Cry but the party was skipping the fights and I had to go with them as I was the healer. I am never playing healer in duty finder ever again. I don't care if I have to hatch Froakie eggs to pass the time while my DPS queue racks up to two hours, I'd rather DPS than heal. (To be fair, I didn't have my keyboard connected so I couldn't tell them in chat to let me kill the marks. :()

Oh, and this shot was gotten when we cleared Cutter's Cry, the dungeon I needed some Grand Company Marks in.

Also, I got the trophy for Level 60 Crafter because I was using the Grand Company deliveries to get seals to get promotions and I was buying food off the marketboard for turn-in and getting six levels for Culinarian past Level 50 on turn-in so I ended up hitting Level 61 in Culinarian. xD

• Like 3

This is almost guaranteed to jinx the damned thing, but I appear to finally be making tangible progress in 9th Dawn III.  I'm down to the last Crafting tree grind and a healthy percentage of the way through that; once that's done, there's just a touch of clean-up between that and the platinum trophy.

I'm not sure just how much more material farming/grinding is going to be necessary, but I have hopes that this might get done while the active month on the calendar starts with a "J".  My PSNP guide for the game is done as well; it's just going to sit unpublished until I hit the platinum just in case I want to go back and make (more) revisions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, acasser said:

This is almost guaranteed to jinx the damned thing, but I appear to finally be making tangible progress in 9th Dawn III.  I'm down to the last Crafting tree grind and a healthy percentage of the way through that; once that's done, there's just a touch of clean-up between that and the platinum trophy.

I'm not sure just how much more material farming/grinding is going to be necessary, but I have hopes that this might get done while the active month on the calendar starts with a "J".  My PSNP guide for the game is done as well; it's just going to sit unpublished until I hit the platinum just in case I want to go back and make (more) revisions.

almost there no rush just take your time to complete the games