RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Sure, you can add it, it will count... but you will get a crappy amount of points for it because you have almost all the trophies since the initial points you get drops for every trophy you earn and for the more completion percentage you have. That's why it's best to add games you haven't started yet as only their rarity will decrease the points you get. *shrug*

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into that when I go grocery shopping today. :D

I think you might be misunderstanding something with the points, you technically don't lose trophy points if you have trophies in a game you just take a point cut given the % you have completed before the competition as it trophies are still counted in full.

Taken from the front page:

On 3/8/2023 at 2:45 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Platinum scoring would have a base of 100, adding trophies earned during competition, minusing Platinum rarity% and minusing any points based on percentage of the game already completed before the event begins.

0-10%: -0 points 

11-35%: -10 points 

36-60% -15 points 

61-80% -20 points 

81% +   -25 points

Bronze = 1pt
Silver = 2pts
Gold = 6pts

Example: Disgaea 6 Complete100 (base score) + (3xG, 9xS, 23xB) = 59 (trophy points) - 28.41 (platinum rarity) - 10 (14% completion before event) = 120.59 points scored.

20 hours ago, Xylobe said:

@Edunstar84 I'm jumping on the callout train, and I hope you realize how dangerous your backlog is! I'll throw you a relative softball with Nier, assuming you still own it. I also happened to notice that both of our first platinums were Rayman Origins for Vita; not at all relevant, but I thought it was neat!

@SWWDevereux Good luck with Dawn of the New World! That has to be the worst game on my trophy list, and that's a low bar to clear. At least the platinum isn't that much more painful than the game itself is.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I played DotNW on Wii back in the day so I know how much mind numbing pain playing it for 100+ hours is going to be!

Saving grace is that OG Tales of Symphonia is my #1 fave jrpg ever so I can at least get some fan service out of the characters <\3

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlterArchuria said:

I think you might be misunderstanding something with the points, you technically don't lose trophy points if you have trophies in a game you just take a point cut given the % you have completed before the competition as it trophies are still counted in full.

Well, lets clear this up: Only the trophies earned in the period of the competition count, so any that were earned before April 1st won't be added to the trophy points. In the example given about Disgaea 6, the point penalty is in place and also the total trophies earned match what would be earned after the penalty completion.

Disgaea 6 Complete: 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 19xB) = 55 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 116.59 (I even made a mistake with the calculation in the beginning)

Disgaea 6 Complete has 3xG, 9xS, 33xB in total to score from scratch.

Generally, most people start games from scratch so this calculation is not needed. Hopefully this clarifies how games that are already started score.

• Like 1

Just installed FFXIV on my PSN account... but turns out they pulled an April Fool's Joke on me. They said there'd be a 24 hour maintenance on the 4th... turns out it's today. Also, it says that I only have the Free Trial(aka Realm Reborn and Heavensward), but I wanted to install all the expansion. I bought the game on my new account due to the Mog Station telling me to create a new service account, so I think I screwed myself and have to buy the rest of the expansions? :(

Anyways, I got to the troll fight in Hogsmeade with my other three characters in Hogswart Legacy. I will probably go back on and start work on getting the map chamber trophies after gym today, while waiting for FFXIV to implement Patch 6.38. (They're shutting down all day because they are actually transferring the game to updated hardware for the US.)

Regardless, I may have to upgrade my A-Z lists since FFXIV will be my second ultra rare... although I won't get it until Summer due to how you have to complete all of the expansion raids save Endwalker. xD

EDIT: One more question. Once the event starts, we get points for every trophy we earn? I'm still a bit unsure how the initial scoring works as I assumed that if you had any trophies they depleted your score. So you add points for every trophy you got before the event and then remove points based on how much you %?

Edited by Taruta13

3 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

EDIT: One more question. Once the event starts, we get points for every trophy we earn? I'm still a bit unsure how the initial scoring works as I assumed that if you had any trophies they depleted your score. So you add points for every trophy you got before the event and then remove points based on how much you %?

So if you've earnt any trophies in a game, they aren't counted in the scoring. The percentage you started with will incur a penalty yes and thats in the OP. This is mainly so there isn't a load of stacking of games for easy points. 

The example here (Disgaea 6 Complete: 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 19xB) = 55 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 116.59) should give you an indication of what scoring would be like for a part completed game.

Anyways, I think I got the formula. Take Ni No Kuni II, I have not even started playing it yet, so no trophies...

Formula 1: 5 gold, 10 silver, 47 bronze = 5x6 + 10x2 + 47x1 = 30 + 20 + 47 = 50 + 47 = 97 added to base equal 190.

Formula 2: 190 - 22.11*(rarity of the platinum) - 0(zero trophies earned) = 190 - 22.11 = 167.89 points to start

* rarity off its page since the search engine is inaccurate

Then take World of Final Fantasy, which has 12% trophy completion:

Formula 1: 2 gold, 12 silver, 34 bronze = 2x6 + 12x2 + 34x1 = 12 + 24 + 34 = 36 + 34 = 70 added to base = 170

Formula 2: 170 - 10.42(rarity) - 10(due to have over 10% trophy completion) = 170 - 20.42 = 150.42 points to start

So at New Years Day 2024, all trophy points and bonuses are added in so trophies give double points if they weren't earned before April 1. So the trophies I earned in WoFF won't get double points because they were earned in November and February, so only the base points count. But if I earn another bronze, then I add 2 points to that game's score, right? I sort of understand, but I may be wrong on this account as there is no idea what the platinum gives you.

I'll fix up my list and repost it before I do any trophy hunting. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Well, lets clear this up: Only the trophies earned in the period of the competition count, so any that were earned before April 1st won't be added to the trophy points. In the example given about Disgaea 6, the point penalty is in place and also the total trophies earned match what would be earned after the penalty completion.

Disgaea 6 Complete: 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 19xB) = 55 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 116.59 (I even made a mistake with the calculation in the beginning)

Disgaea 6 Complete has 3xG, 9xS, 33xB in total to score from scratch.

Generally, most people start games from scratch so this calculation is not needed. Hopefully this clarifies how games that are already started score.

Ah my bad, sorry for the confusion though shows how many played games I have done lol but I feel i seem someone miscalculate that *cough* @Laburnski most likely :P

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Then take World of Final Fantasy, which has 12% trophy completion:

Formula 1: 2 gold, 12 silver, 34 bronze = 2x6 + 12x2 + 34x1 = 12 + 24 + 34 = 36 + 34 = 70 added to base = 170

Formula 2: 170 - 10.42(rarity) - 10(due to have over 10% trophy completion) = 170 - 20.42 = 150.42 points to start

Let’s assume you complete your WoFF over the period of the next 12 months over which this event is meant to run. Maybe I will play WoFF too? After you platinumed the game, your calculation would then look roughly like this 

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)-10.42-10= 140.58 points

Let’s go step by step. WoFF has 2 gold, 12 silver and 34 bronze trophies. But you earned 9 bronze in the past - well before the start of this event - so these 9 are out, no points for those. 

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)= 161 

WoFF’s platinum rarity at the time of this post is 10.42% which is oddly low. Perhaps I really should play this also. Let’s subtract that platinum rarity real quick.

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)-10.42= 150.58

Your WoFF completion percentage from before the start of the event is 12%. As stated in the first post (11-35%: -10 points), you just about fall into the range that forces you to subtract an extra -10 points. It cannot be helped but at least it’s not much. 

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)-10.42-10= 140.58

If by chance I derped out and got the formula wrong, someone send me a quick holler and I’ll trash this post (b˙◁˙ )b 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Let’s assume you complete your WoFF over the period of the next 12 months over which this event is meant to run. Maybe I will play WoFF too? After you platinumed the game, your calculation would then look roughly like this 

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)-10.42-10= 140.58 points

Let’s go step by step. WoFF has 2 gold, 12 silver and 34 bronze trophies. But you earned 9 bronze in the past - well before the start of this event - so these 9 are out, no points for those. 

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)= 161 

WoFF’s platinum rarity at the time of this post is 10.42% which is oddly low. Perhaps I really should play this also. Let’s subtract that platinum rarity real quick.

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)-10.42= 150.58

Your WoFF completion percentage from before the start of the event is 12%. As stated in the first post (11-35%: -10 points), you just about fall into the range that forces you to subtract an extra -10 points. It cannot be helped but at least it’s not much. 

100+(2*6+12*2+25*1)-10.42-10= 140.58

If by chance I derped out and got the formula wrong, someone send me a quick holler and I’ll trash this post (b˙◁˙ )b 

Okay, thanks for the explanation. So trophies earned before the event are not part of the score and the points are given at the platinum pop. I get it now. Thanks for the explanation! ^_^

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

This is the step by step guide to getting the right scoring.

Thank you muchly.

Yeah, sorry about that. The scoring seemed a bit complicated because of the trophies earned part. At least I can say for certain that my calculations for those games I haven't touched are accurate but I have to do some Quick Mafs xD to get the other scores. So these scores only apply when we get the plat, right? That's clear. I'll put up the list but no scores until platinums are earned then.

APRIL 1 to MAY 30:
 * Hogwarts Legacy[x2]:
 * Disgaea 4 Complete+[x5]:
 * Ni No Kuni Remastered:

JUNE 1 to JULY 20:
 * World of Final Fantasy:
 * Wild Arms 2(PS5):
 * Kingdom Hearts III:

JULY 21 to SEPTEMBER 20:
 * Rogue Galaxy:
 * Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories:
 * Octopath Traveler II:

SEPTEMBER 21 to NOVEMBER 15:
 * Wild Arms 3: 158.15
 * Ni No Kuni II: 167.89
 * Kingdom Hearts Final Mix:

NOVEMBER 16 to DECEMBER 31:
 * Persona 3 Portable:
 * Dragon Quest XI S:
 * Final Fantasy XII[X3]:

WEAVED INTO THE MIX: Final Fantasy XIV[x5]:

EDIT: Actually gonna throw in three KEMCO titles, because after playing Illusion of L'Phalcia and Dragon Sinker, I got addicted to these quick and cheap games. Also, I plan to put them on my second Kaleidoscope card for various colors:

* Heirs of the Kings (PS4)

* Asdivine Saga (PS4)

* Ambition Record (PS4)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

Okay, this is Update 0.001. Update 1.0 won't happen until one of these dang RPGs pops the plat, which takes a while. :P

Basically, I finally got started on FFXIV and created my character. Needless to say, it'll be on 0% for a week because the first trophy happens when you hit Level 50, and this time I am going to reserve my FFXIV time for 6 PM to midnight so I have time to work on OTHER RPGs. (Doesn't help that I have to wear glasses to see FFXIV because I was stupid when I had the house made and attached the PS5 TV too far from my field of vision and I can't see the tiny text. Now have to switch HDMI cords so that my PS4 is the one I have to look to see. :() Right now I am getting my reborn Ravenclaw main character to the Map Chamber... which is taking hours because I HAVE to collect it all, so I'm running about casting Revelio and other spells to get all the field pages and solve all the puzzle doors and now I have the Daedelin Keys to deal with.

Hogwarts Legacy will take me two months to complete which is why I planned it for my 175th plat. xD

Edited by Taruta13

1 hour ago, Laburnski said:

Just my suggestion in case you don't know, you might want to unlock levequest feature first ( I forgot when the earliest to unlock it ) because you are only allotted three levequest allowances every 12 real-time hours, so you will be time gated for this trophy.

xD

Seriously, I should have clarified. I'm doing the PS5 trophy list, not the PS4 one. I only platinumed the PS4 list once on my last account and that is my once-in-a-lifetime experience because I am not going to do that 1000 levequest trophy in my life! :P

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

xD

Seriously, I should have clarified. I'm doing the PS5 trophy list, not the PS4 one. I only platinumed the PS4 list once on my last account and that is my once-in-a-lifetime experience because I am not going to do that 1000 levequest trophy in my life! :P

Ah I see mb lol xD

Update 1:

Baldur`s Gate: Dark Alliance

75 (no Platinum)+(3xG,1xS,1xB=21)=96-19,23(rarest trophy %)-0(starting percentage)=76,77

As fun as I remembered it from the PS2 days, but the trophy list is really lackluster. It could be done with cheats in a few minutes, but I did my first playthrough and the gauntlet legit and then only used the invulnerability cheat for my 2.nd extreme difficuilty playthrough.

• Like 3

For the seasonal stacker bonus, I understand it's 50 points for the first time you meet the requirement.

After that, does it increase by 25 points in addition to the 50 (eg 125 points total across two games, 225 across three games, 450 across 4 games etc), or is it just a free 25 points only after the first 50 (e.g. 75 points total for two games, 100 points total for three games, 125 points total for 4 games).