AI Glitch (Patch 1.31/1.32)

Walt the Dog

As of Patch 1.31 (Patch 1.43 for AS/Patch 1.36 for JP), all AI missions in the game are currently glitched so that they do not feature any AI and they have no other clear conditions, making them only a matter of surviving the setlist. While this isn't enough to make the 100% as a whole easy (many of the worst missions in the game do not involve AI at all), this can still save some effort on certain trophies, namely...

• DJ Alpha Resigns (Base Game)
    • The SSS mission in the base game can be cleared this way, simplifying the platinum quite a bit for anyone who doesn't want to get the DLC for whatever reason.
  • BEAT MAESTRO (Base Game)
    • Any AI missions cleared through this method will count towards the 50 missions for this trophy. This can be useful for a Base Game Only run of the plat since you will only have to clear 49 missions legitimately rather than 50, though its usefulness is nigh-zero if getting DLC since DLC tends to have enough easy-to-moderate missions that reaching 50 is not much of an issue, particularly if you can at least clear the charts in some of the AI missions (the average person who can eke out a clear on Don't Die 8B MX to cheese SSS is likely capable of getting 50 missions between base game and all currently released DLC without the glitch).
  • We're in the endgame now (Link Disc)
    • DJMAX TOURNAMENT R3 is notably the hardest mission between the Clazziquai and Black Square packs (arguably even harder than The Others, which is the mission that unlocks the trophy) and it can be turned into a cakewalk this way. While there's still Metro Project Vol. 2 and eventually The Others to deal with, this does bring down the difficulty of the trophy some. Quattr4 and Illusion in the Black Square pack can also be cleared this way to save some additional effort, albeit neither mission is particularly hard.
  • DJMAX will Return (Link Disc)
    • MX Tournament, the sixth mission in the Link Disc mission pack, can be cheesed through this method. That said, this is arguably the least important application of this glitch as the missions before it (which must be cleared in order to access it) are a good deal harder than it anyway and the mission is largely luck-based due to the copycat AI unless you can bait it into failing a song, at which point the point gap is so vast that it's almost like you're using the glitch anyway.
  • I HAVE NO FEAR (V Extension 2)
    • vs EL CLEAR can be cheesed via this method. While you will still have to deal with Damn fine music! which is just as if not more difficult, this can still take some headache out of obtaining the trophy.

With this said, this patch has also introduced a bug which can corrupt save files, so it is advised to be careful and, should you be using patch downgrading in the future to go to this version specifically, it is advised to simply do whatever missions you need to do (the Clazziquai, Black Square, and V Extension 2 missions are the highest priority and also all accessible from a new save) and patch back up to whatever the latest version at the time is to (hopefully) not have to risk that particular bug.

UPDATE (3/10/2023): The 1.32 patch (1.44 for AS/1.37 for JP) has come out to fix the save corruption bug, but the above AI glitch is not fixed, so 1.32 is the version to be on to have both the AI glitch and stable saves.

UPDATE (8/10/23): The 1.33 patch (1.45 for AS/1.38 for JP) has now fixed the AI glitch, meaning that patch downgrading is now required in order to access the glitch with a fresh install and if you plan to use the glitch and have not updated yet, you should take measures to ensure that your game does not update until you have used the glitch.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

I tried on my PS4 with a new local account without logging into PSN, but finishing AI missions does not unlock DJ Alpha Resigns for me. 

I tried on both 1.32 for NA and 1.37 for JP. The missions I played were Electronic License (Trilogy) and DJMAX TOURNAMENT R3 (Clazziquai), because a new blank save data has no aceess to the mission SSS of the main game.

I know that many people have successfully unlocked DJ Alpha Resigns using the glitched versions, but I just couldn’t unlock it with a new account. Maybe we will see some reports in the future reporting someone didn’t get DJ Alpha Resigns before unlocking Link Disc.

Maybe it is necessary to log into PSN before unlocking the trophy? Or, maybe we must have created save data or have played AI missions before these glitched versions? Any ideas?

----

Update: I tried it on 1.32 for NA with my own account. After creating a new blank save data and playing the mission DJMAX TOURNAMENT R3, I got the trophy.

It seems that the trophy cannot be unlocked when the user account is a pure “local account” that has never been connected to PSN. When using my own account, which has been connected to PSN, the trophy is unlocked without any problem.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

I tried it on 1.32 for NA with my own account. After creating a new blank save data and playing the mission DJMAX TOURNAMENT R3, I got the trophy.

It seems that the trophy cannot be unlocked when the user account is a pure “local account” that has never been connected to PSN. When using my own account, which has been connected to PSN, the trophy is unlocked without any problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I tried it on 1.32 for NA with my own account. After creating a new blank save data and playing the mission DJMAX TOURNAMENT R3, I got the trophy.

Since you're on NA 1.32, by any chance would you be able to try to unlock either the Link Disc mission set or the V Link mission set (all VEX1 and VEX2 songs Max Comboed)? I'm currently investigating a glitch that has happened to someone where they were able to unlock the entirety of both mission sets after fulfilling their initial unlock conditions (namely, they got all 12 missions at once instead of just the first). I'd like to see if this glitch is just something that happens to anyone who unlocks these missions with the current patch or if it's a specific circumstance that caused it for them. For reference, they had the mission sets unlocked before (albeit not all 12 missions in each), but their save data corrupted on Version 1.31 and they had to reunlock the mission sets, at which point they got the glitch. My theory is that the glitch happened to them specifically due to the game trying to recover their corrupted save data, but it would be appreciated for someone to check since if this was just a matter of unlocking Link Disc in Version 1.32 at all, this could make the 100% ever so slightly easier since the first 11 missions of Link Disc could be skipped entirely this way.

23 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Since you're on NA 1.32, by any chance would you be able to try to unlock either the Link Disc mission set or the V Link mission set (all VEX1 and VEX2 songs Max Comboed)?

I cannot do this on 1.32 for NA right now, because I have got 39,999 trophies and aiming to get DJMAX will Return as my 40,000th trophy.

However, as you can see, I unlocked Link Disc very recently, on both 1.44 for AS and 1.37 for JP. I didn’t get all Link Disc mission at once. I still have to unlock them one by one as designed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2023 at 5:35 PM, Walt the Dog said:

Since you're on NA 1.32, by any chance would you be able to try to unlock either the Link Disc mission set or the V Link mission set (all VEX1 and VEX2 songs Max Comboed)?

I have finished Link Disc on all 4 versions.

I didn’t get all Link Disc mission at once. I still have to unlock them one by one as designed in all 4 versions.

I guess the “glitch” you mentioned is just a rescue for corrupted save data.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I have finished Link Disc on all 4 versions.

I didn’t get all Link Disc mission at once. I still have to unlock them one by one as designed in all 4 versions.

I guess the “glitch” you mentioned is just a rescue for corrupted save data.

First of all, congrats on the accomplishment! Hard to even imagine pulling it off once, let alone four times. :dance:

Haven't had a chance to test it out myself, but the running theory is that it has to do with a specific way the data was rescued as was theorized before. That said, there's also a new wrinkle in the glitch/restoration that makes it a lot more lucrative to figure out how it works and whether or not it can be replicated: it turns out that said glitch unlocks the Metro Project plate outright, drastically reducing the difficulty of the 100% (or about as much as one could reduce a 10 to a 9 considering T2 and VEX2 still have to be done legit, not to mention this glitch, if replicable, likely involves unlocking Link Disc to begin with).

Screenshot_20230324-144719_Discord.jpg

(AFAIK, person in question has their trophies private, so if nothing else, this isn't affecting anything but PSN rarities.)

I have EU 1.31 installed on a PS4 with EU 1.32 installed on my PS5, so testing shouldn't be too horrific on my end barring the part where I have to 1) clear Metro Project vol 2 again after years of rust from 5BFX and 2) figure out how to intentionally corrupt my save file on 1.31 afterwards so that it can get fixed on 1.32. I've mainly been putting it off since I made an attempt on Damn fine music! from VEX2 on my PS4 and after putting it on hold after hitting a brick wall trying to finish the 5555 combo in Won't Back Down 5B MX, I haven't bothered to go back and clear it since and due to entering Won't Back Down with a mere 5 breaks (my successful NA run had me enter that song with 8, for reference), I'm a bit reluctant to just throw it away even knowing I'm probably not gonna be bothered with it for a while yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So something odd is happening to my GF whilst she's playing on the latest patch, she's doing the songs 10 times to get the plate, however it is not awarding the right plate, instead it's awarding the mission plates.

e.g playing Mulch 10 times awarded the Chaos Theory plate (Should be for clearing Big Bang Theory)

Hello, guys. Today DJMAX finally on sales. Can you give me some tips, what I need to buy for 100% completion? I see 14 DLC packs, but some dlc dont have a trophies:

『DJMAX RESPECT』 DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE & Q PACK

『DJMAX RESPECT』 EMOTIONAL SENSE PACK

『DJMAX RESPECT』 UNLOCK SONGS & MISSIONS

『DJMAX RESPECT』 GUILTY GEAR PACK

『DJMAX RESPECT』 V EXTENSION 3 PACK

『DJMAX RESPECT』 GIRLS' FRONTLINE PACK

『DJMAX RESPECT』 GROOVE COASTER PACK

This DLC need for 100% completion? Or may be needed for more easy platinum?

Edited by Provisorus
-

@Provisorus I would say the only usefull DLC out of the ones you listed in regards of trophies/the platinum is V Extension 3 and/or Tune&Q since it has some missions in it which could help you complete the 50 missions for "Beat Maestro".

However you will 1000% get those out of the way with all the other DLC with trophies in it...

I have every single DLC for this game, just because I really enjoy it and I have to admit V EX 3, Tune & Q, Groove Coaster and Emotional sense have some of the best songs in it. (IMO of course)

So if you have the spare change and also want to enjoy the grind to the 100% (because there definately is going to be one since you need to pretty much master 4/5/6 and 8 button mode for the later missions) I would highly recommend you to buy all the DLCs appart from "Unlock Songs & Missions"

This is pretty much useless since you are going to have unlocked all songs by lvl 99 if I recall correctly.

Happy grinding!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tirol_terminator said:

@Provisorus I would say the only usefull DLC out of the ones you listed in regards of trophies/the platinum is V Extension 3 and/or Tune&Q since it has some missions in it which could help you complete the 50 missions for "Beat Maestro".

However you will 1000% get those out of the way with all the other DLC with trophies in it...

I have every single DLC for this game, just because I really enjoy it and I have to admit V EX 3, Tune & Q, Groove Coaster and Emotional sense have some of the best songs in it. (IMO of course)

So if you have the spare change and also want to enjoy the grind to the 100% (because there definately is going to be one since you need to pretty much master 4/5/6 and 8 button mode for the later missions) I would highly recommend you to buy all the DLCs appart from "Unlock Songs & Missions"

This is pretty much useless since you are going to have unlocked all songs by lvl 99 if I recall correctly.

Happy grinding!

Thx a lot for advice, man. So I need to buy all of the DLC's exept UNLOCK SONGS & MISSIONS, because I can unlock all simply by playing the game?

Dont you know why developers dont add the trophies to the latest DLC - V Extension 3? By the way I am amazed that the developers still support the game after 5 years...

I would say since everything is on sale right now (never happend the last years), buy everything except the unlock songs & missions pack.

Yes, you will have lots of songs unlocked due to the DLC and the main game songs will all unlock by playing.

I assume there are no more trophies since they reached the limit of 128.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.05.2023 at 1:21 PM, tirol_terminator said:

I would say since everything is on sale right now (never happend the last years), buy everything except the unlock songs & missions pack.

Yes, you will have lots of songs unlocked due to the DLC and the main game songs will all unlock by playing.

I assume there are no more trophies since they reached the limit of 128.

Hello. I am buy all DLC's but after download game and DLC's, at the start of the game I've got a screen about "This DLC doent exist. Please download it again in the PS Store - V EXTENSION 2". In the PS Store this DLC doesnt exist really.  What should I do? Download game and all DLC's again, or this error is normal.By the way this DLC have trophies...

1 minute ago, Provisorus said:

Hello. I am buy all DLC's but after download game and DLC's, at the start of the game I've got a screen about "This DLC doent exist. Please download it again in the PS Store - V EXTENSION 2". In the PS Store this DLC doesnt exist really.  What should I do? Download game and all DLC's again, or this error is normal.By the way this DLC have trophies...

You should just be able to download the one DLC pack as they all come as seperate downloads.  You can access all your purchased packs by hovering over DJMax and scrolling down to the 'store' section

30 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

You should just be able to download the one DLC pack as they all come as seperate downloads.  You can access all your purchased packs by hovering over DJMax and scrolling down to the 'store' section

Thx, I am already got it. The problem was in that DLC because this invisible if you'll try to find in the PS Store from console in the DLC's-directory of the game. Simply download it by finding from the search menu.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/4/2023 at 8:28 AM, Walt the Dog said:

First of all, congrats on the accomplishment! Hard to even imagine pulling it off once, let alone four times. :dance:

Haven't had a chance to test it out myself, but the running theory is that it has to do with a specific way the data was rescued as was theorized before. That said, there's also a new wrinkle in the glitch/restoration that makes it a lot more lucrative to figure out how it works and whether or not it can be replicated: it turns out that said glitch unlocks the Metro Project plate outright, drastically reducing the difficulty of the 100% (or about as much as one could reduce a 10 to a 9 considering T2 and VEX2 still have to be done legit, not to mention this glitch, if replicable, likely involves unlocking Link Disc to begin with).

Screenshot_20230324-144719_Discord.jpg

(AFAIK, person in question has their trophies private, so if nothing else, this isn't affecting anything but PSN rarities.)

I have EU 1.31 installed on a PS4 with EU 1.32 installed on my PS5, so testing shouldn't be too horrific on my end barring the part where I have to 1) clear Metro Project vol 2 again after years of rust from 5BFX and 2) figure out how to intentionally corrupt my save file on 1.31 afterwards so that it can get fixed on 1.32. I've mainly been putting it off since I made an attempt on Damn fine music! from VEX2 on my PS4 and after putting it on hold after hitting a brick wall trying to finish the 5555 combo in Won't Back Down 5B MX, I haven't bothered to go back and clear it since and due to entering Won't Back Down with a mere 5 breaks (my successful NA run had me enter that song with 8, for reference), I'm a bit reluctant to just throw it away even knowing I'm probably not gonna be bothered with it for a while yet.

Any updates on this? I just got into the Link Disc missions, but daaaaaamn that "Just 1%" mission is so brutal it's not even funny anymore...

• 1 month later...

So just a bit of an update, partner went back to DJMax after a bit.  We bought the rest of the DLC's in the previous sale and she's just been trying all the new songs, however it's still randomly throwing out the wrong plates.  She just got the NB Yellow plate after playing a few songs

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

So just a bit of an update, partner went back to DJMax after a bit.  We bought the rest of the DLC's in the previous sale and she's just been trying all the new songs, however it's still randomly throwing out the wrong plates.  She just got the NB Yellow plate after playing a few songs

Pretty much everything in the base game has an alternate unlock condition based on play count, meaning you're gonna get stuff thrown at you just for playing regardless of glitches.

5 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Pretty much everything in the base game has an alternate unlock condition based on play count, meaning you're gonna get stuff thrown at you just for playing regardless of glitches.

We're using the steam guide with the unlock conditions, yet there is no listed alternate unlock condition for NB Yellow.

As I mentioned above, she got the Chaos Theory plate for playing Mulch 10 times (which def should not happen)

4 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

We're using the steam guide with the unlock conditions, yet there is no listed alternate unlock condition for NB Yellow.

As I mentioned above, she got the Chaos Theory plate for playing Mulch 10 times (which def should not happen)

Steam guide doesn't work for base game stuff because unlock conditions are entirely different between PS4 and Steam (biggest example being that PS4 has varied song unlock conditions while Steam just has them all unlock via level).

Edited by Walt the Dog

7 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Steam guide doesn't work for base game stuff because unlock conditions are entirely different between PS4 and Steam (biggest example being that PS4 has varied song unlock conditions while Steam just has them all unlock via level).

Do you by any chance have a more accurate guide for unlocking things? :)