Best Team Composition

For killing bosses under 25sec there is no one team, some quests are tricky, but in general, these 2 will take care of 95%+:

- Default team and quests with magic damage buff: Shantatto (leader), spritius and 2 others see bellow

- Team for quests with physical buff or bosses before the quest boss: Noctis (leader), Materia

The others depending on situations and what you have:

- Terra is good as a magical boss attacker

- Aranea is a good physical boss attacker with Silence Buster (you can swap Noctis for her when the boss do Silence or Stone to you at the start)

- Yuna is good for clearing 1st and 2nd waves quickly

- Someone with Poison, is good for clearing 1st and 2nd waves quickly

As for Treasure hunting team that depends on what you are farming, summonstones, items or collecta cards. Check all the treasure hunters they all are specialized in one

• Like 1

I just finished the Platinum today. The team that finished most quests for me was:

Noctis: First Strike, Mug (Mystic Aura when doing the Endless Mode), Armiger

Faris: First Strike, Provoke, Dual Wield

Garland: Bravery (Silence Buster if I needed to cause a status), Mystic Aura, Deranged Soul

Materia: Bravery (Regen sometimes when there are a lot of enemies that cause Poison), Mystic AuraPrecious Rebellion

Summonstone: Something with Trigger Damage % to more easily finish off those who don't die to First Strike, but I used Exp Received a lot at first until I got all of them to Level 99 9*, then I swapped to Collectacard Drop Rate unless I needed the extra bit of damage from the Triggers so that I could get mroe cards for stats and the 1000 cards Trophy. Oh, and when I didn't need Noctis doing the most damage he could I would use Rare Collector instead of Mug or Mystic Aura to get more of the rare cards. I once got over 60 chests in one of those songs with double physical damage, lol.

Noctis can plow through bosses with all the buffs, and Provoke helps to kill the first boss faster for those "kill boss in X seconds" quests.

For the "hit enemy weakness" or "kill boss while hitting it with X element" I used Terra, Spiritus, Yuna, Rinoa. However I would sometimes swap Yuna for Ultimecia if I needed more of an element.

For Treasure Hunting is very simple: Paine, Zidane, Yuffie and Fran. The first 3 all get 3 or more treasure hunting abilities. Fran only gets 2 but you can teach her one of the others to fill the last spot. I gave her Rare Summoner to increase the quality of the Summon Stones.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I just finished the Platinum today. The team that finished most quests for me was:

Noctis: First Strike, Mug (Mystic Aura when doing the Endless Mode), Armiger

Faris: First Strike, Provoke, Dual Wield

Garland: Bravery (Silence Buster if I needed to cause a status), Mystic Aura, Deranged Soul

Materia: Bravery (Regen sometimes when there are a lot of enemies that cause Poison), Mystic AuraPrecious Rebellion

Summonstone: Something with Trigger Damage % to more easily finish off those who don't die to First Strike, but I used Exp Received a lot at first until I got all of them to Level 99 9*, then I swapped to Collectacard Drop Rate unless I needed the extra bit of damage from the Triggers so that I could get mroe cards for stats and the 1000 cards Trophy. Oh, and when I didn't need Noctis doing the most damage he could I would use Rare Collector instead of Mug or Mystic Aura to get more of the rare cards. I once got over 60 chests in one of those songs with double physical damage, lol.

Noctis can plow through bosses with all the buffs, and Provoke helps to kill the first boss faster for those "kill boss in X seconds" quests.

For the "hit enemy weakness" or "kill boss while hitting it with X element" I used Terra, Spiritus, Yuna, Rinoa. However I would sometimes swap Yuna for Ultimecia if I needed more of an element.

For Treasure Hunting is very simple: Paine, Zidane, Yuffie and Fran. The first 3 all get 3 or more treasure hunting abilities. Fran only gets 2 but you can teach her one of the others to fill the last spot. I gave her Rare Summoner to increase the quality of the Summon Stones.

I am gonna build that noctis, faris garland and materia team. Ill report back later!

Currently using noctus, terra, faris and yuna and its going mostly well

Edited by ZeromusF4

For non boss murder, I used Faris, Noctis, Red XIII and the 4th is dealers choice. Before you have characters multi-starred, howling moon increases damage significantly, and I don't like mixing physical and magical. Terra plus Spiritus plus 2 mimic users is king for quick boss murder though. The specific setup is in another thread here, but the general idea is that you buff Terra so much 90% of bosses don't survive 3 seconds from showing up.

The team @capnstubing listed in the "Insane Quests?" thread got me through a lot of the boss defeating quests. That team being:

Terra: Ultima / Dual Cast / Ruin from scroll
Ramza: Scream / Mimic / Weapon Break
Bartz: Aerora Blade / Mimic /Aeroga Blade

Spiritus: Aeroga / Mystic Aura from scroll / Tolerant Wishes

Coupled with a summonstone that buffs magic and you're off to the races.

I’m using;

Noctis - First Strike, Armiger, Provoke

Bartz - Aeroga Blade, Job Mastered, Mimic

Yuna - Grand Summon, Mana Cede, and the ability that boosts the summon gauge per hit

Terra - Blizzaga, Dualcast, Ultima

With a Bahamut summon. It absolutely shreds everything. I’m finishing with 10-15 chests on average per song

4 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

The team @capnstubing listed in the "Insane Quests?" thread got me through a lot of the boss defeating quests. That team being:

Terra: Ultima / Dual Cast / Ruin from scroll
Ramza: Scream / Mimic / Weapon Break
Bartz: Aerora Blade / Mimic /Aeroga Blade

Spiritus: Aeroga / Mystic Aura from scroll / Tolerant Wishes

Coupled with a summonstone that buffs magic and you're off to the races.

Just made this team and got them all to 99 (terra is two star) and easily cleared the boss mission in FF V and II that i couldnt do 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was stuck on 1 quest in Endless. Defeat 18 enemies in FF13 (can't remember the song) or defeat 2 bosses with 3x HP in a FF7 song (I also can't remember)

This team is great for defeat x amount of enemies, which may include bosses, AND deal x damage amount in a song, if the song has bosses in it Armiger deals a ton of damage

I did use some items for physical dmg, agility, magic, spirit to help boost any damage.

Noctis lv99, star level 8 

Armiger - helps clear bosses

Mystic Aura

First Strike - helps clear minions

Faris, lv99, star level 8

Dual Wield

First Strike

Mystic Aura

Lightning #2, lv99 or anyone else that has First Strike. I didn't mean to use her, but I already used Bravery and Mystic Aura and didn't have any more scrolls. 

Fira Blade - should be First Strike

Bravery

Mystic Aura

Materia lv98, no stars I just started to use her. She is used as a dmg booster for Noctis

Precious Rebellion

Mystic Aura

Stona or Bravery, depending on the quest

Shiva (you can change this based on quest requirements)

Trigger ability dealt 15% - really important for physical damage teams

Magic ability dmg 5%