IP has been blocked

So it should unlock tomorrow, maybe? I only updated 4-5 times yesterday and I am a premium member, surely 4-5 times in a day isn't excessive?

Weirdly it is from my phone over 3G connection and wifi connection that is blocked, I would have thought 3G and wifi would have had different IP addresses.

I have just updated over wifi from my laptop and that wasn't blocked. Very strange.

So it should unlock tomorrow, maybe? I only updated 4-5 times yesterday and I am a premium member, surely 4-5 times in a day isn't excessive?

Weirdly it is from my phone over 3G connection and wifi connection that is blocked, I would have thought 3G and wifi would have had different IP addresses.

I have just updated over wifi from my laptop and that wasn't blocked. Very strange.

3G will have a shared IP, so others that are on the same 3G network will also get blocked after 100 updates.

Have cleared everything but to no avail.

So am I right in assuming that as I am an O2 mobile phone 3G customer, a lot of O2 users tried updating recently and the site has blocked the O2 IP from updating?

So it is nothing directly to do with my account?

Was ok for a few days but blocked again. It seems to be the site blocking my IP for too many updates, as Sly said as I am using my phone the IP is a shared id for the carrier O2, so if a lot of O2 customers use the site the IP gets blocked. Can this be looked at to allow my cerrier's IP more updates per day?

I have been updating no more than 5 times a day for the past 2-3 years and this is the first time I have seen this. Weirdly my wife has the same carrier as me and I can update on her phone with no issues, wondering if it is to do with my phone rather than my carrier? Have cleared all cookies and the cache and that didn't help, any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

It's started to block me again and I can't work out why. It only blocks me when I use Chrome on my Android phone. It's a little thing but quite annoying. Doesn't matter if I am using wifi or 3G. Surely they would have different IP addresses? If I use the Vita browser or my PC using home wifi it's fine. If I tether my Vita to my phone using 3G it's fine so it can't really be my IP address can it?

It's started to block me again and I can't work out why. It only blocks me when I use Chrome on my Android phone. It's a little thing but quite annoying. Doesn't matter if I am using wifi or 3G. Surely they would have different IP addresses? If I use the Vita browser or my PC using home wifi it's fine. If I tether my Vita to my phone using 3G it's fine so it can't really be my IP address can it?

this happens when you keep updating, it will fix itself out soon. 

3G will have a shared IP, so others that are on the same 3G network will also get blocked after 100 updates.

I quoted Sly just so some of you who are obviously overlooking his post can see it.  You are either overlooking it, or you don't understand it.  If it's the latter, please, use this wonderful age of information to seek out enlightenment yourself.