Trophy Milestones Changed from Missing Timestamps

Bilpe

Apologies to everyone if this topic has been asked and answered.  I searched the forum but didn't find it anywhere; also, I'm kind of rattled because I had a game with trophies marked "No time stamp" today because my PS3 just decided to change its internal clock back to October of last year for no apparent reason. Anyway, I noticed that my milestones (trophy 500, 1000, 1500 etc). have changed since the last time I looked at them.  As near as I can tell, they have changed up and not down (5000 became 5003).  I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or if anyone knows how/why this may have happened.

Yes, many people have had this issue. Unfortunately, trophies with missing timestamps on this site default to being your earliest earned trophies but won't directly impact things like first earned trophy since they don't have a timestamp attached. They do however impact later trophy milestones like trophy #500 and so on as they are considered earned trophies and sit in your trophy log. First earned trophy tracks your first trophy with a timestamp attached, 500th trophy tracks anything on your account regardless. Why this happens ultimately comes down to how this site is designed to track trophies. To be fully transparent, I'm not 100% sure that this is true, but I've had a few friends in this situation and seen many others. It seems to be the case.

TL;DR - Missing timestamp trophies can really fuck up your trophy data and milestones on PSNP, even worse if you earn a platinum trophy with a missing timestamp.

Edit: I just wanted to point out for the sake of theory, you should technically be able to have your first trophy milestone and 500th trophy milestone be the same trophy if you can achieve exactly 499 trophies with missing timestamps on your account. Also, 499 trophies with no timestamps might annoy the CRT here, so handle that information with caution.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@PHIL_DADDY1 Since you seemed to be confused about my comments on missing milestones in another thread, the explanation in the OP here should provide some insight. Unsure if things have changed on PSNProfiles over the years (I was actively using this site a couple years ago when I was a Guide Team member, before falling off and just recently coming back), but this was a very common issue back then and happened to pretty much everybody I know. My own milestones changed a few times, too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

@PHIL_DADDY1 Since you seemed to be confused about my comments on missing milestones in another thread, the explanation in the OP here should provide some insight. Unsure if things have changed on PSNProfiles over the years (I was actively using this site a couple years ago when I was a Guide Team member, before falling off and just recently coming back), but this was a very common issue back then and happened to pretty much everybody I know. My own milestones changed a few times, too.

Confusion gone

• Haha 1