PS Premium

Hey guys - I was planning on running through the entire series for the first time in release order after upgrading to PS Premium. Of course I didn't realize at the time that the 2 PSP games were removed from the streaming options. Just curious on peoples opinions on whether or not these will likely return to Premium as some point or not? I was contemplating buying a used PS3 and the 2 God of War games on disc but I feel like the second I do this, they will be reinstated on Premium.

Story wise, am I missing out on a ton by playing the main titles and waiting it out on the PSP games? Is there any way to suggest or push Sony on these games coming back?

Cheers

PSP Gow games are excellent and you should definitely play them. There are references to them in GOW3 and overall they'll help you understand Kratos's psyche more (he is not just some angry dude as some people say ?). If you have a ps3 you can buy the collection on the PSN store. 

6 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

They will definitely be back soon. And these are one of the few games that work really well when streaming. If you do get a PS3, get them digitally, they are cheap in US, much cheaper than here. 

Do you happen to know if there is a way to tell what is leaving soon or has previously been on the service? 

2 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

It's worth having a PS3 in my opinion, there are some rare gems on there you can't play on PS4 or PS5 even with premium, plus playing the games on the native hardware is a much better experience than streaming them.

I definitely agree with the experience quality. Paying GOW1 was frustrating at time with input lag during the R2 button mashing sequences. There was a night where I physically couldn't open a gate and gave up, then it was fine the next morning. I have broken my thumb and wrist from various sports injuries and I already hate button mashing (I basically already have Arthritis in my 30's).

My speed and connection is as good as it gets here, often achieving 500-600 Down and 40-60 Up, but it still was problematic at times.

I wonder how newer games fare like Ascension..we'll see. At least I can Download GOW3 which is where I'm at right now.

I gave up with streaming anything on the service, it's just so laggy and even the quality is fairly bad so in the end I chipped in and got myself a PS3 to clear up a lot of my older games. The quality was a lot better streaming on the PS Now service than it is now. The consoles here go for between £60 - £100 which is a bargain considering newly released games go for that price. Idk how it is where you are but maybe you can pick one up for a similar price 

7 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I gave up with streaming anything on the service, it's just so laggy and even the quality is fairly bad so in the end I chipped in and got myself a PS3 to clear up a lot of my older games. The quality was a lot better streaming on the PS Now service than it is now. The consoles here go for between £60 - £100 which is a bargain considering newly released games go for that price. Idk how it is where you are but maybe you can pick one up for a similar price 

It really cheapens the experience not being able to download many of these. At the end of the day, a PS3 and a few games would likely cost the same as Premium for a year anyways.