Xenoglyph Ciphers strategy?

snoopdoggtg

34 minutes ago, snoopdoggtg said:

What's the fastest method to keep looking for them? Though I must say that unfortunately I don't keep any track of them :(

Follow a guide and keep track of the ones you find so you can target the ones you are missing.  It doesnt take long to narrow it down.

Edited by maisie666

My strategy (once I'd beaten the story fully) was in the biomes you're missing xenoglyphs, you can kind of speedrun through the Biome whilst checking every room and picking up upgrades and good weapons, avoiding combat most of the time. I found it to be pretty enjoyable this way. When you got into the later Biomes I'd start actively egnaging in combat more to get through to the end 

Edited by zachpicc
  • Like 2

On 23.3.2023 at 6:16 AM, snoopdoggtg said:

What's the fastest method to keep looking for them? Though I must say that unfortunately I don't keep any track of them :(

Write down the Cypers you collected (Databank - Xenoglyphs) and write down the missing ones when you watched the videoguides. Speedrun the biomes as @zachpicc mentioned. If the room does not spawn, restart cycle.

• 3 months later...

Fuck the Cyphers, i've been trying to get the last ones from biome 5 and 6, i've scoured everyroom even the challeng rooms and those motherfuckers are not appearing, this game was great but this type of RNG collectibles made this game shit for me.

• Like 2

Hi, I'm also stuck with just 19/20 xeno collect, but it's been a while since I started the game and I have a very bad memory. I feel like I've already visited all the rooms in the videos, but at the same time I find that my rooms don't quite look like the ones in the videos. What worries me most is that it says that 2 xeno are bugged, I'm sure I took them but I didn't notice if it counted them. 

Do you know if these bugs have been fixed or am I doomed to start all over again? ?

If I start a game again, do I have to refinish the game or do the xeno sound in rooms that are accessible on the first pass?

16 minutes ago, Germignion said:

Hi, I'm also stuck with just 19/20 xeno collect, but it's been a while since I started the game and I have a very bad memory. I feel like I've already visited all the rooms in the videos, but at the same time I find that my rooms don't quite look like the ones in the videos. What worries me most is that it says that 2 xeno are bugged, I'm sure I took them but I didn't notice if it counted them. 

Do you know if these bugs have been fixed or am I doomed to start all over again? 1f629.png

If I start a game again, do I have to refinish the game or do the xeno sound in rooms that are accessible on the first pass?

I'm pretty sure the bugs were fixed so that shouldn't be an issue. I was in the exact same situation as you, 19/20 and I felt like I had visited every room in the videos. Eventually I found my last one in a room that I was positive I had checked multiple times, so I believe that there are multiple versions of each room and not all of them have the cypher? Just to make it even MORE of a pain xD

On 13/07/2023 at 11:39 AM, Germignion said:

Do you know if these bugs have been fixed or am I doomed to start all over again? 1f629.png

Don't give up. 

I started Returnal 8-9 days ago and got the platinum last night. 

I spent 2 days on dedicated cipher farming meaning 8-9 hours after everyhing. Rest was Act 3. 

The worst thing was that I got all super easy but I got stuck on 19/20 in crimson wastes and 13/15 derelict citadel. I thought it was bugged too and the videos and stuff I saw said chances of glitch and make backup save and I didn't do any of that. 

I was bummed so I did Ascension dlc the went back to do it and got them in 30 mins the next day. 

It may feel bugged but it isn't. 

Techniques I used -

Backup save in Overgrown Ruins/Crimson Wastes before teleport to Crimson Wastes/Derelict Citadel as not getting cipher will lead me to closing the game and downloading my backup with help me get back to the exact point before and reshuffles the map. (Absolutely necessary)

Did it all online. (Helps a lot)

Sometimes closed game and started from the start survey activity card on Ps5 home page. (Not ofter)

Tried offline and it didn't work. 

The cipher I needed - 

The hand with sand spiral in CW which was a room in 2nd level of CW

The cipher near a chest in 1st level of DC

The cipher in teleport room with a fabricator and 3 pillars in DC

Edit - 

Cipher never spawn in challenge rooms or behind locked doors. Don't look there.

Run the main and side paths and check which cipher you got. 

If you got all side path cipher, then cut them out and bum rush main path. Vica versa. 

I didn't go through OR for any upgrades. Just ran through and I will also be running through CW and DC just for ciphers. Didn't fight anything. Just checked the upside down triangle icons on map after going through a new door. 

Edited by ValkyrBlack
  • Like 1

On 14/07/2023 at 8:17 AM, ValkyrBlack said:

I had already saved it before going through the gate, but this weekend I searched for 4 hours and still found nothing. I'm leaving out biome 2 to concentrate on the Abyss, I have more hope for this area.

I'd noticed for a while that the zones in biome 3 weren't the same depending on which portal I came through. So if I went through the forest portal 10 times and got nothing, I was going to keep looking through the desert portal. I only had to search the desert portal 3 times to get the xeno I was missing ?

In biome 2 there's only one path, so there's less chance of finding the right area, which demoralises me even more ?

What's all this about numbers? I don't have any numbers for xeno, it just tells me how many of the 20 I've picked up. The tablets are registered with the different translations but that's useless for trophies ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2023 at 4:34 PM, Germignion said:

I had already saved it before going through the gate, but this weekend I searched for 4 hours and still found nothing. I'm leaving out biome 2 to concentrate on the Abyss, I have more hope for this area.

I'd noticed for a while that the zones in biome 3 weren't the same depending on which portal I came through. So if I went through the forest portal 10 times and got nothing, I was going to keep looking through the desert portal. I only had to search the desert portal 3 times to get the xeno I was missing 1f61a.png

In biome 2 there's only one path, so there's less chance of finding the right area, which demoralises me even more 1f629.png

What's all this about numbers? I don't have any numbers for xeno, it just tells me how many of the 20 I've picked up. The tablets are registered with the different translations but that's useless for trophies 1f914.png

Oh I used the guide Optinooby wrote for collectables. Used it throughout the game whenever I got ciphers.

Did you get the plat?

• 5 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, snoopdoggtg said:

I got them all. I was just doing runs in the biomes I was missing some glyphs and I usually found them after few runs. It wasn't even a grindy trophy.

im doing this rn and to some extent im having the same experience as yours, however in biome 2 and 3 im kind of getting the other side of the rng gods and im getting burnt out of doing normal runs and getting 0 progress towards the trophy (i dont feel like doing speedruns and restarting over and over, i kill Nemesis and restart the cycle).

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2023 at 3:17 AM, ValkyrBlack said:

Don't give up. 

I started Returnal 8-9 days ago and got the platinum last night. 

I spent 2 days on dedicated cipher farming meaning 8-9 hours after everyhing. Rest was Act 3. 

The worst thing was that I got all super easy but I got stuck on 19/20 in crimson wastes and 13/15 derelict citadel. I thought it was bugged too and the videos and stuff I saw said chances of glitch and make backup save and I didn't do any of that. 

I was bummed so I did Ascension dlc the went back to do it and got them in 30 mins the next day. 

It may feel bugged but it isn't. 

Techniques I used -

Backup save in Overgrown Ruins/Crimson Wastes before teleport to Crimson Wastes/Derelict Citadel as not getting cipher will lead me to closing the game and downloading my backup with help me get back to the exact point before and reshuffles the map. (Absolutely necessary)

Did it all online. (Helps a lot)

Sometimes closed game and started from the start survey activity card on Ps5 home page. (Not ofter)

Tried offline and it didn't work. 

The cipher I needed - 

The hand with sand spiral in CW which was a room in 2nd level of CW

The cipher near a chest in 1st level of DC

The cipher in teleport room with a fabricator and 3 pillars in DC

Edit - 

Cipher never spawn in challenge rooms or behind locked doors. Don't look there.

Run the main and side paths and check which cipher you got. 

If you got all side path cipher, then cut them out and bum rush main path. Vica versa. 

I didn't go through OR for any upgrades. Just ran through and I will also be running through CW and DC just for ciphers. Didn't fight anything. Just checked the upside down triangle icons on map after going through a new door. 

Man, I found the Overgrown Ruins' cypher 1/10 on a locked room  😜