Sonic Origins Plus Announced - 12 Game Gear games & Playable Amy for Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, & CD.

Lem-77

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

You do realise though, these games are called Sonic "Advance".

There is the Castlevania Advance Collection, though. The word "advance" on its own is not exactly open for trademark, it being a common English word  (well, an uncommonon, but still in any normal dictionary). Which is probably how those games managed to be called that in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadaik said:

There is the Castlevania Advance Collection, though. The word "advance" on its own is not exactly open for trademark, it being a common English word  (well, an uncommonon, but still in any normal dictionary). Which is probably how those games managed to be called that in the first place.

Yeah I know about Castlevania Advance which is a sort of great news and hope, that having these games released at some point is not out of the realms of impossible if Castlevania "Advance" got a release.

But yeah, I meant specifically that the brand naming of Nintendo at times in history, whether it's "Super", "64" or "Advance", meant games carried the tag as part of their names, and was just pointing out it was a game by the big N.

Not that Nintendo, had copyrighted the word "Advance" and that was the reason. lol.

Nintendo seem unusually protective of their console exclusives for some reason, which is why we often don't see games that are Nintendo exclusive being released on other platforms at a later period in the future, unless it's Konami, or Capcom or a rare case

Oh, remember that time when Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be a Nintendo and Gamecube exclusive? And now it's playable on pretty much everything ever invented, even the Wiebo?

Only system you can't play RE4 on is Vita... (Sad face)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Any word if there will be new trophies? Seeing Sonic Mania Plus didn't, my guess is no, but the additions here are a bit more substantial.

are they though? I think adding one playable character and a bunch of old ROMs they've released multiple times in the past isn't that substantial.

I for one am glad I don't need to replay them all over again like I did when I was younger, because they're not all that good lol

The Plus DLC is a nice addition. It's great to see that the Game Gear games haven't been forgotten. 

o6CKvjw.jpg

I also find that screenshot amusing, for one reason. The look Tails has on his face. They really had the worst possible timing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 11:01 AM, MidnightDragon said:

For anyone who has this or the Plus DLC, can you use Amy in Sonic CD or just 1-3 and Knuckles? 

Yes she is selectable in Sonic CD. Her ability is basically like Sonic's in Sonic 3, but with a bigger radius. I contradicted myself and bought Plus during a sale. It's expectedly underwhelming, only 3 new Challenges per game and GG games presented in the most generic uninspired way ever. Amy is pretty cool though, it might get my nieces to show more interest in these games.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, grilled_cheez_3 said:

Yes she is selectable in Sonic CD. Her ability is basically like Sonic's in Sonic 3, but with a bigger radius. I contradicted myself and bought Plus during a sale. It's expectedly underwhelming, only 3 new Challenges per game and GG games presented in the most generic uninspired way ever. Amy is pretty cool though, it might get my nieces to show more interest in these games.

I platted it a while ago. Used Amy in all four games.