Suggestions/Advices for a Noob

NajiLionheart

Hi there guys, just bought the game (PS4) since is on sale and I have the ilusion to get one NBA Platinum since a while.

I don't usually play sport games but I got FIFA22 platinum recently, was a challenge since I was new to the game and in the end it wasn't that bad but It seems NBA titles are always UR platinums (I guess due to servers closure and games being hard?)

Anyway from an Experienced gamer point of view What I need to consider for getting the platinum? Any advice and suggestion will be appreciated, what should I do first? Any advice even if you think it's obvious would help, thanks in advance.

PS I'm ok if I can't get the platinum, after all my main mission is to have fun and learn new games mechanics and I like some challenge ;)

• Like 1

i would say go for all potential online trophies first.  Find a partner to boost in sessions if necessary. Do the rest at your own leisure. 

My friend has it and casually plays. I'm not big on NBA, but this is the general consensus for most 2K sports titles. Once the online is out of the way, it's clear sailing from there.

• Like 2

Also do the NBA today trophy first. It will only be available when the regular season is still going on so you have from now till June to finish. Also do the Myteam stuff second since the first half of the trophies are simple but the unlimited ones are very annoying with the cheese methods being patched. It will be a very long boring grind but if you are willing to do FIFA 22 plat I bet you can do it too. Once that’s over with the mycareer and Jordan challenges are actually pretty simple and straightforward. The stats ones are actually not that hard this year and you don’t need to max anything out either plus you will learn some of the skills from playing myteam since it will involve playing against AI in a normal season with a team. 
TL;DR: NBA Today (highly recommend to do this first it can be done in a few minutes) Myteam (try to do everything included the dread unlimited ones before 2K24 comes out which is September 2023) then MyCareer and then Jordan Challenges. Miscellaneous ones like Myleague and MyGM can be done with the NBA Today section (what I personally did).

Also honestly if you want the pain to go away faster, Unlimited should be the #1 priority along with having good cards in order for you to have a somewhat enjoyable experience. Once you start the grind, that’s where the real burnout starts to kick in.

Edited by BadCoolRad
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Apparently NBA 2K23 is going to be free with PS+ for the month of June.

1) I am a complete noob. The last NBA 2K game i played was in the PS2 days => back then you had 2 different NBA series. Forgot what they are called.

2) Would it be advisable to start this game this late? Don't know when the next NBA game releases. Guessing september?

3) Will i be able to earn the NBA Today trophy as apparently this one is tricky? How can i win this match?

4) Is the MyTeam comparable with the FUT mode from FIFA?

5) Can anyone explain the déja-vu and threepio trophies please?

6) There are quit a few "win" match trophies? These could take forever for a noob like me i think?

7) What is the MyGM mode?

8) The 4 for 4 trophy: don't know what i means and i guess you have to do this in a online match? 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 0:08 PM, NTGSruler said:

Apparently NBA 2K23 is going to be free with PS+ for the month of June.

1) I am a complete noob. The last NBA 2K game i played was in the PS2 days => back then you had 2 different NBA series. Forgot what they are called.

2) Would it be advisable to start this game this late? Don't know when the next NBA game releases. Guessing september?

3) Will i be able to earn the NBA Today trophy as apparently this one is tricky? How can i win this match?

4) Is the MyTeam comparable with the FUT mode from FIFA?

5) Can anyone explain the déja-vu and threepio trophies please?

6) There are quit a few "win" match trophies? These could take forever for a noob like me i think?

7) What is the MyGM mode?

8) The 4 for 4 trophy: don't know what i means and i guess you have to do this in a online match? 

1. It’s just NBA 2K. You are probably thinking of NBA Live which is now dead cause EA doesn’t know how to make a basketball game.

2. Probably not. I’d say wait for the next one unless you really want to do a long grind especially in Myteam mode.

3. It’s already the NBA finals at the time of writing this so you better get this the day it gets on PS plus if you bother going for the PS4 platinum. It only takes less then 5 minutes by changing the difficulty and maxing out the sliders. Up to you if you want to start though.

4. Correct especially when it comes to scumminess with micro transactions but I play it casually even having most of the trophies but I wouldn’t advise starting since it’s already at Season 7 and there is only one more after this one.

5. They are tied to the Myteam mode and you are forced to play an online mode called Unlimited where you go against other real players and win to get points that lead you big rewards. Like I said in the post above, it will be one big painful grind getting points since even though you can win or lose and still earn points, you would still need to play at least 100 or so matches just to get the trophies with 6000 points for threepio and 19000 for deja vu. TL;DR either you do a long and boring grind while also trying to win to get the maximum amount of points or don’t

6. I think you are talking about every miscellaneous trophy like Quick Play, WNBA, and Play Now Online. Everything except Play Now Online can be easily gotten with sliders and changing the difficulty. The Play Now Online will be a bit tougher though since it involves playing with real people. If you are going for it I’d say just play player control.

7. MyGM mode is basically like a manager mode where you can look over one team and try to get them to the NBA finals. Plain and simple or you could look a YT video on it.

8. Still in Myteam mode for this one in a mode called Clutch Time. You can do it in either online or offline (more preferred). All you have to do is get 4 4-pointers when playing a game by going behind a certain line similar to a 3 pointer. Might be annoying at first but just get the best player that has a A+ in 3 pointers.

Overall, it’s definitely easier then 2K14-20 but still a bit of a grind nonetheless. With these tips, it should help decide if you want to go for it or not. But it’s similar to a grind for a FIFA platinum.

• Like 2

Fantastic. Thank you for the clear answers on all of my questions. 

A bit later i realized that the PS4/PS5 version have different trophylists. ? Actually i wanted to start the PS5 version which also has the 2 grind trophies, but the rest of the trophies seems to be easier. 

Anyway i think i'll leave NBA for what it is. Yesterday i started another EA debacle =》BF2042. Played fine all afternoon and in the evening there were issues with the servers, so couldn't play. It should be fixed by now, but i'll concentrate on that game for the moment. 

Another big thanks for the reply. Maybe in the future i'll buy a NBA game and start playing from release date. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

A bit later i realized that the PS4/PS5 version have different trophylists. 1f644.png Actually i wanted to start the PS5 version which also has the 2 grind trophies, but the rest of the trophies seems to be easier. 

Anyway i think i'll leave NBA for what it is. Yesterday i started another EA debacle =》BF2042. Played fine all afternoon and in the evening there were issues with the servers, so couldn't play. It should be fixed by now, but i'll concentrate on that game for the moment. 

Another big thanks for the reply. Maybe in the future i'll buy a NBA game and start playing from release date. 

It’s preferred to do that every year. Once the new one comes out, I usually end up getting all the easy trophies I can get first on day one. Usually by the time it hits PS Plus, the lifecycle of that year’s game is pretty much over. I just gave the tips to see if you would think if it’s worth it or not.

13 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

A bit later i realized that the PS4/PS5 version have different trophylists. 1f644.png Actually i wanted to start the PS5 version which also has the 2 grind trophies, but the rest of the trophies seems to be easier. 

It’s not that bad, just a little grindy.  I started NBA 2K16 when it was part of PS Plus (offered around this time) and despite being new to the series, was able to plat without issue.  And that one took more skill for online trophies.  This one the main online trophy, you’ll make progress win or lose, although wins of course get you there quicker.

If you start now/soon, you’ll have plenty of time.  The best part is that the last season in MyTeam lasts a really long time meaning you actually have a lot more time to get the games played needed than in a typical season (those were only 6 weeks before it resets). 

11 minutes ago, djb5f said:

It’s not that bad, just a little grindy.  I started NBA 2K16 when it was part of PS Plus (offered around this time) and despite being new to the series, was able to plat without issue.  And that one took more skill for online trophies.  This one the main online trophy, you’ll make progress win or lose, although wins of course get you there quicker.

If you start now/soon, you’ll have plenty of time.  The best part is that the last season in MyTeam lasts a really long time meaning you actually have a lot more time to get the games played needed than in a typical season (those were only 6 weeks before it resets). 

The only problem is that nowadays you’ll be put up against dark matters more often. Back when I did it in season 1, it was mainly just purples, diamonds, and sometimes pink diamonds. But the grind will still be a slog no matter what.

2 minutes ago, BadCoolRad said:

The only problem is that nowadays you’ll be put up against dark matters more often. Back when I did it in season 1, it was mainly just purples, diamonds, and sometimes pink diamonds. But the grind will still be a slog no matter what.

yeah, but it is pretty easy to build up a decent team quickly now with the giveaways and prizes.  They are giving away 99 Jimmy Butler via a locker code, still active I think.