Special trophy are impossible ?

On 4/12/2023 at 8:54 PM, Jorge-14-g_YT said:

When I enter the special events section, no event appears no matter how much I reload, is the trophy impossible? Or is it a bug that they are going to fix? plz help!!!

Indeed, since two minors update on the PS5 version, the special event section is not working at the moment and says just "unavailable".

The last special event available was like two months ago on the Imola track from the DLC and I don't have the DLC so couldn't do it.

So at the moment, it's sad to say that the platinum is unobtainable on the console version. I didn't check yet the official forum of the game but will take a look when I can.

• 3 months later...
On 8/11/2023 at 5:21 AM, IamPaIIP said:

You know anything more if a event is planed? 

I don't know anything yet as other players. 

You can check this page which show the difference patches released on consoles: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005275719-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-PC-PS5-XsX-S-

You can even follow their officiel Twitter account to know if they will ever release a special event on console: https://twitter.com/AC_assettocorsa

We have to be patient and pray that they will release at least a special event before the end of the year. Surprisedly, even when they released the last DLC, they didn't even add a special event related to the DLC. That's a shame cause the last special event on February 2023 was related to a previous DLC, where the even was on the Imola track.

• 3 months later...

That URL doesn't work if you aren't already in the server, but I found it - it's the 505 Games discord, for anyone else interested.

https://discord.gg/tY23VZ4a

According to the community manager:

We have announced officially some time ago that Xbox one and Ps4 are no longer supported.

So it's not looking good

Edited by hore

Just now, hore said:

That URL doesn't work if you aren't already in the server, but I found it - it's the 505 Games discord, for anyone else interested.

So it's not looking good

Yeah was going to post that earlier & the interesting thing is a few of us here have been in the server for quite a long time pushing for a fix, yet there was never any announcement that support would cease for the ps4 version. I'm surprised special events on ps5 were even brought back at all.

I would advise anyone to get this done but also not trust any future updates as this game has constantly been in broken states.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Yeah was going to post that earlier & the interesting thing is a few of us here have been in the server for quite a long time pushing for a fix, yet there was never any announcement that support would cease for the ps4 version. I'm surprised special events on ps5 were even brought back at all.

I would advise anyone to get this done but also not trust any future updates as this game has constantly been in broken states.

Do you know for how long the special events will stay? Does the game has to be online consistently to get some trophies? Cuz am thinking of buying it .

14 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Do you know for how long the special events will stay? Does the game has to be online consistently to get some trophies? Cuz am thinking of buying it .

The rotation is monthly just requires you to have stats turned on & stability off in order to post a time. There's a multiplayer race but also a rating requirement to reach platinum driver rank where you have to be connected for it to update. I'm going to test the stuff I still have to do this week, I think everything is possible but with how the devs are with console treatment, I don't trust it to stay possible for too long.

• Like 3

On 12/6/2023 at 6:28 PM, hore said:

So it's not looking good

Usually we need petitions of thousands for this sort of thing. It sucks I'm unable to plat anymore. :( Fuck Kunos/505 Games

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 11:51 PM, Smashguy said:

Special Events should now be working. @Mystic_Snake

Enjoy your platinum. 

Thanks dude! Actually, @Destructor-8 messaged me on the PSN to tell me the good news and I got the trophy and the platinum trophy! So happy about it after few months of waiting and of course, hard work on unlocking all the trophies. 

I can surely enjoy this platinum for a great racing game. I'm excited for ACC2 but hope the developers will be more consistent with the bug fixes and the upgrades.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:35 AM, Destructor-8 said:

I can confirm Special Events are back for PS5 version, leaderboards don't show names properly.

Edit: I just got the trophy, had to turn driver ratings back on & turn stability off to register.

Thanks dude! I already had my driver ratings and stability on and I got the trophy easily on the SPA track event and I did a bad hot time lap but it's doesn't matter anyway.

On 12/6/2023 at 6:28 PM, hore said:

So it's not looking good

Unfortunately, when they are two versions of the game, the latest console is more prioritized than the old console. That's why I prefer to play the PS5 version. I don't bother to play the PS4 version to be able to get the auto pop trophies from the PS5 version. Except when I started a game on the PS4 because they weren't PS5 version such as Spider-Man. 

Edited by Mystic_Snake
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks to @Mystic_Snake for pointing me out where to find Special Events:

"Main Menu > Special Events" on the top right.

I just got my "Special" Trophy by doing a hotlap event. It's ridiculously easy right now to get.

Just disable stability control assist (set it to "Off"), then do a lap while staying on track, and you'll get it.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2024 at 5:04 AM, Crono said:

Thanks to @Mystic_Snake for pointing me out where to find Special Events:

"Main Menu > Special Events" on the top right.

I just got my "Special" Trophy by doing a hotlap event. It's ridiculously easy right now to get.

Just disable stability control assist (set it to "Off"), then do a lap while staying on track, and you'll get it.

Special events still up ? Which version of the game is fully 100% obtainable? 

9 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Special events still up ? Which version of the game is fully 100% obtainable? 

Unsure if they’re still up, and only disc version with no patches on is 100% clearable afaik.

Edited by Crono