Post Your Newest PSVR Game

heavyrockerfin

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Shadow Legend, which was the last psvr1 game I bought (for $7.49, during the last discount).  I can't believe I was thinking about completely skipping that one! I liked it a lot. It was more of my cup of tea than Swordsman, in fact. It was also one of the only 3 VR games I have seen that had a truly satisfying ending. The other two were Stardust Odyssey and No heroes allowed vr (fun RTS game with a crappy name that doesn't do it any favors!). No other VR game I finished took care of having a great ending for the player, except those three. We can argue that Red Matter and Astro Bot also had well-done endings, but I probably expected something better out of them.

I have no plans to buy anything else because I already have a backlog of VR games I bought before, and not a ton of time to take that backlog seriously, so, to me it's more like "what will you try next from your VR pile?" than "what will you buy next?" I played but never finished Swordsman on psvr1. Since Shadow Legend has medieval vibes too, it's likely that I will go back to Swordsman next and try to at least beat it this time. If I do that, I will start from scratch with the psvr2 version, which I downloaded for free, because it was one of the free upgrades for VR2 (if you already own the vr1 version).

The other two I want to try next are Moss 2 and Republique VR. I platinumed Moss 1 recently, so I know its direct sequel will be good stuff. And Republique looks like it is the best stealth-focused game on psvr1. It's basically Metal Gear Solid, but with a girl, without crazy boss battles, and without guns (100% stealth and lower-level weapons, but it's good stuff). Also, someone recommended it to me as a "very thought-provoking story" when I asked for one in gaming, so, with that intriguing factor on its behalf, it has been very high on my VR queue ever since. And last, but obviously not least, I have Horizon VR on the queue too.

So, this is what I plan to try in the next month, in no particular order: Swordsman (psvr2), Moss 2 (psvr1), Republique VR, Horizon Call of the Mountain.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Swordsman (psvr2)

Swordsman is pretty easy and short tbh. 1st time I went through the plat it was 3-5 hours and I sucked a lot. I have been practicing on an alt for a fastest achiever, got it down to hour and 40 mins.
Decent game, but quite easy to exploit.

4 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Republique VR

I did like this one, although MAKE SURE TO PICK UP ALL THE COLLECTIBLES AND BE DONE WITH EVERYTHING IN EACH EPISODE BEFORE CONTINUEING.
There is no chapter select or anything like that .If you miss a collectible in episode 1 and do 99% of everything else you will need to do all collectibles again.

I accidentaly finished an episode while I still had some collectibles to do.

• Like 2

For the PS Store sale, I picked up Home Sweet Home, Job Simulator, and Fantavision 202X today. I really liked Fantavision on PS2 back in the day, but they should have launched the game at $15 instead of $30. Hopefully, this updated and new VR experience is worthwhile. I might also get Vacation Simulator or Cosmonious High, but I think I might save my funds for the physical releases of Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge, Song in the Smoke: Rekindled, and Synth Riders Remastered Edition that finally come out in a couple of weeks.

Don't sleep on the game Runner either. Definitely a good time.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

I just finished Shadow Legend, which was the last psvr1 game I bought (for $7.49, during the last discount).  I can't believe I was thinking about completely skipping that one! I liked it a lot. It was more of my cup of tea than Swordsman, in fact. It was also one of the only 3 VR games I have seen that had a truly satisfying ending.

I've been skipping on it thinking it's "too Skyrim-like" :D But maybe I should pick it up

• 4 months later...

Just got the Paper Beast PS5 remaster as it just came out with a 5 euro upgrade if ps4 version is owned. Before that I got Alvo VR PS5 remaster as well. Cool online PVP game in the style of Counter Strike with a little bit of the original COD modern warfare in there.

Before that the game Ragnarock few weeks ago as well. Metal/Viking music based drumming/rhythm game. Pretty cool overall.

Edited by Prometheous101

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...