Troglodiced - Way less grindy way to achieve the trophy

Schuwekat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that someone else getting the kills works. I got troglodiced by having someone with an auto axe kill trogs after i damaged. Things of note:

1. it didn't seem to matter how much damage i did, as long as i damaged them first, i've seem some say that you need to do the majority of the damage, I don't think that's true.
2. I got the trophy to pop on a glowing trog so it seems that any type of trog counts towards progress, i was unable to find this confirmed elsewhere.

3. from ashes to fire works well as there are several parts where you can find lots of trogs.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Update is 23.438GB. Size after update is 91.63GB.

That's strange, my install was nearly 93gb after the patch finished installing but regardless, I now finally have my Auto-Axe so can spend a few hours tomorrow, grinding out the kills I need :). Once I have this trophy in the bag, I can focus on doing my Speed Run of the story to get the finally DLC trophy I need for the 100%, then I can decide if I want to keep this game installed or not, since it takes up a massive slab of my Hard Drive which could be used for other things.

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That's strange, my install was nearly 93gb after the patch finished installing but regardless, I now finally have my Auto-Axe so can spend a few hours tomorrow, grinding out the kills I need :). Once I have this trophy in the bag, I can focus on doing my Speed Run of the story to get the finally DLC trophy I need for the 100%, then I can decide if I want to keep this game installed or not, since it takes up a massive slab of my Hard Drive which could be used for other things.

Maybe because I have it installed on PS5? And I have the disc version...that downloaded a 80+GB patch when I installed it 4 months ago :o 

I did union dues solo and then before entering the pitt I killed all trogs. Left the expedition and continued it again. Spawned before entering the pitt but only 3-4 trogs spawned when I did a full tour outside the pitt. Tried restarting again, nothing spawned outside the pitt. Ended up entering the pitt and as long as you don't kill the trog boss you can restart for 10-12 trogs on each run. The NPC's barely put a dent in the boss so if you just leave the boss alone, the NPC's will go down and not hurt him further giving you all the time to kill the other trogs. The boss trog often also completely ignored me if I left it alone :)

Despite it not being an infinite spawn it was very manageable to do solo without getting overrun with poison shooting trogs.

Total time from starting the union dues expedition solo to getting the trophy was probably 1h30. 20 minutes of that was probably for the first part of taking down 3 bosses outside, looking for the 3 plans inside and then the collect 6 of 3 things inside. Another 15-20mins trying to respawn the trogs outside the pitt and probably 40-50 minutes of restarting the mission (loading times are fairly long of course...)

I had an electrified auto axe with some legendary mod so it uses less AP (action points). It was a coincidence that I got the electrified plan from doing a perfect expedition once a week.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Maybe because I have it installed on PS5? And I have the disc version...that downloaded a 80+GB patch when I installed it 4 months ago :o 

I did union dues solo and then before entering the pitt I killed all trogs. Left the expedition and continued it again. Spawned before entering the pitt but only 3-4 trogs spawned when I did a full tour outside the pitt. Tried restarting again, nothing spawned outside the pitt. Ended up entering the pitt and as long as you don't kill the trog boss you can restart for 10-12 trogs on each run. The NPC's barely put a dent in the boss so if you just leave the boss alone, the NPC's will go down and not hurt him further giving you all the time to kill the other trogs. The boss trog often also completely ignored me if I left it alone :)

Despite it not being an infinite spawn it was very manageable to do solo without getting overrun with poison shooting trogs.

Total time from starting the union dues expedition solo to getting the trophy was probably 1h30. 20 minutes of that was probably for the first part of taking down 3 bosses outside, looking for the 3 plans inside and then the collect 6 of 3 things inside. Another 15-20mins trying to respawn the trogs outside the pitt and probably 40-50 minutes of restarting the mission (loading times are fairly long of course...)

I had an electrified auto axe with some legendary mod so it uses less AP (action points). It was a coincidence that I got the electrified plan from doing a perfect expedition once a week.

To restart the fight, am I right in thinking you just leave the Pitt then re-enter it?

I have the disc version as well and before the patch, my install was a little over 87gb but after the patch, it was approx 92.5gb so just over 5gb was added to my install.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

To restart the fight, am I right in thinking you just leave the Pitt then re-enter it?

I have the disc version as well and before the patch, my install was a little over 87gb but after the patch, it was approx 92.5gb so just over 5gb was added to my install.

Yes, you just press options and square like you'd do to start an expedition. And then you can select 'leave to whitespring'. Just make sure you're not taking damage because then it won't work.

To restart it it's similar: Options and square and then choose to continue your expedition. There's also the option to start a new one or join one from a teammate.

And is that size on PS4 or PS5? I have the PS4 version installed on PS5.

9 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Yes, you just press options and square like you'd do to start an expedition. And then you can select 'leave to whitespring'. Just make sure you're not taking damage because then it won't work.

To restart it it's similar: Options and square and then choose to continue your expedition. There's also the option to start a new one or join one from a teammate.

And is that size on PS4 or PS5? I have the PS4 version installed on PS5.

1: Thank you for the clarification :).

2: It's a retail copy installed on a PS4.

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Season 13 patch is now live so once it has finished downloading and the servers are back up, everyone can go get their reduced price Auto-Axes and pop this stupid trophy :).

What did they reduce the price to? 1000 stamps was an insane grind. 80-100 hours spent replaying the same expedition. ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

What did they reduce the price to? 1000 stamps was an insane grind. 80-100 hours spent replaying the same expedition. 1f643.png

500 stamps so is still a tedious grind but you can now replay the Expeditions as often as you like, without having to server hop until you find another group that's doing them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Thank you for the clarification :).

2: It's a retail copy installed on a PS4.

You're welcome!

And I guess installed on PS4 and installed on PS5 is the reason for the difference. Wasn't aware that they had made improvements for the PS4 version if played on PS5.

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

500 stamps so is still a tedious grind but you can now replay the Expeditions as often as you like, without having to server hop until you find another group that's doing them.

And you can do them without charging the battery if you want to be the host/team leader, which was the main reason to server hop and find others because you could only charge them once a day.
Finally got rid of that stupid idea! :) 

It also seems as if those charge missions no longer work, at least... I couldn't do them after not playing for 1-2 months. Was hoping that they'd maybe give a stamp or two.

19 minutes ago, Kolm said:

You're welcome!

And I guess installed on PS4 and installed on PS5 is the reason for the difference. Wasn't aware that they had made improvements for the PS4 version if played on PS5.

And you can do them without charging the battery if you want to be the host/team leader, which was the main reason to server hop and find others because you could only charge them once a day.
Finally got rid of that stupid idea! :) 

It also seems as if those charge missions no longer work, at least... I couldn't do them after not playing for 1-2 months. Was hoping that they'd maybe give a stamp or two.

The Whitesprings dailies have been reworked as well so you only get 1 of the 3 each day, plus the daily favour mission for a random resident. The rewards have also changed but not by much, at least I didn't notice anything significantly different.

Easiest way to get trog kills is to do the expedition normally up until the point in the cathedral with the troglicide (gas grenade). Kill all the trogs there (about 25), then quit to whitespring without using any of the troglicide.

When you enter the expedition again no enemies will spawn up until the cathedral so run back inside. All trogs inside will have respawned.

Trophy can be earned in roughly 4 runs of this, taking about an hour in total to do.

• Like 1

Just now, GingerNinja201 said:

Easiest way to get trog kills is to do the expedition normally up until the point in the cathedral with the troglicide (gas grenade). Kill all the trogs there (about 25), then quit to whitespring without using any of the troglicide.

When you enter the expedition again no enemies will spawn up until the cathedral so run back inside. All trogs inside will have respawned.

Trophy can be earned in roughly 4 runs of this, taking about an hour in total to do.

That's assuming you actually get the Troglicide objective. I ran the Ashes expedition last night and for the first time in months, I had the objective to kill all the "Harrowing" instead of exterminating the Trogs so there were very few of them around :(.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The Whitesprings dailies have been reworked as well so you only get 1 of the 3 each day, plus the daily favour mission for a random resident. The rewards have also changed but not by much, at least I didn't notice anything significantly different.

Ah, that could explain! Somewhat similar to the 2 crater dailies for the rep. If you do them every day they'll alternate and only if you skip them a few days both might be available.

-----

The main reason I did Union Dues: Guaranteed trogs once you get back outside although they don't respawn with restarting. About 20-25 if you look around a bit.
And guaranteed trogs when entering the camp again and those apparently respawn after restarting as long as you don't kill the trog boss. 10-12 on each run.

But to my feeling less trogs spawn in the camp than before the patch. In the end a good thing because you can go at them 1-2 at a time without getting overwhelmed. Especially since the auto axe uses AP, it can need a bit of recharge time after a few enemies if you're build is not setup for heavy AP usage. On top of that trogs can get you quick when one staggers you and another 1-2 throw poison at you so you rather not have 5 jumping at you when you're dealing with a non optimal build for the auto axe.

If I wasn't fiddling around with trying to find things out about what respawns and what doesn't, I'd probably also have been closer to an hour but with the guarantee of getting the enemies I need.

In the ashes there's also a possibility to get an infinite trog spawn nest but I only got that once in the 10-15 times I did that expedition before the patch. I probably would've wasted a lot of time to get the stars aligned for that one.

• 2 weeks later...

When the August update arrives, Bethesda are making it so you can skip straight to the DLC content by creating a Lv20 character, the moment you leave Vault 76 :). There are a ton of other changes coming as well, including some much needed Qol improvements that will make the game far less annoying for everyone:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten this with help from someone else or helped someone to get it since the last patch from 18 July?

I've been trying to help someone for about 2 hours yesterday, doing the 10-12 trogs at the end of Union Dues over and over.

That was how I did it solo after the patch that made the auto axe cheaper.
It took me about 1 hour or maybe even less back then once I reached the final part.

Things that are different compared to then:

- Enemies are no longer idle until you hit them

- They're actually very aggressive and the boss trog kills you within a second if it just looks at you (full health and in power armor).

- They focus less on the NPC's, back then they only focused on the NPC's

- NPC's no longer seem to die and stay death after a few minutes. Either they have way more health or get revived automatically after a bit.
- NPC's might have been stealing some kills from my friend or they might have gotten the last bullet in for the kill.

Edit: We did find the reason in the end... We were doing it the opposite way: first damage with auto axe and then the other kills :( 
The actual kill, final damage before kill, has to be done with the auto axe for it to count.

Edited by Kolm

• 1 month later...

As of the latest patch, the assisted kills no longer count towards the trophy. 

After a couple hundred kills, the trophy didn't pop for a friend that I have assisted with the axe for. I got the trophy just fine as the axe wielder. A few people on trueachievements report the same problem.

So, to get it, you either have to own the axe, or wait for Bethesda to fix the trophy, IF they consider it a bug.

Edited by MalkHead

It appears there is a general bug concerning the Auto Axe.

I've started the game couple of weeks ago and started grinding on those stamps (168/500) at the moment.

Last time I played was on Saturday and the Auto Axe was still at Giuseppe for 500 Stamps.

Started playing today and the Auto Axe disappeared from his inventory and only the gun mods remain.

18a3dafae6975-screensk3dz8.jpg

There is also a Reddit Thread going on with people reporting a similar issue.

Meaning if you are affected the 100% is unobtainable atm

Edited by Bya-Kuchiki
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 8:48 PM, Bya-Kuchiki said:

It appears there is a general bug concerning the Auto Axe.

I've started the game couple of weeks ago and started grinding on those stamps (168/500) at the moment.

Last time I played was on Saturday and the Auto Axe was still at Giuseppe for 500 Stamps.

Started playing today and the Auto Axe disappeared from his inventory and only the gun mods remain.

18a3dafae6975-screensk3dz8.jpg

There is also a Reddit Thread going on with people reporting a similar issue.

Meaning if you are affected the 100% is unobtainable atm

Bethesda have confirmed this will be fixed with the next patch, along with the Union Power Armour but haven't said when that will be released.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...