DLC Trophy Difficulty

Aznjesus990

I did both ps4 and ps5 version of base game before the "casual difficulty" update and considering that DLC trophies were pretty easy for me, it's just takes some time to beat every challenge) 
Main issue was that I had to re-learn how to play the game at all, but nothing too crucial here, if you struggle with some trophy/challenge just check some guides and strats here on forums or on youtube.
And also good luck getting those trophies:) 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:29 AM, Aznjesus990 said:

So how hard are these new DLC trophies compared to the main game? 

Spoiler

Personally, 7 or 8/10.

I got the platinum after the casual patch and I am finding this DLC very challenging. I'm slowly learning how to do more than mash light/heavy attack, but it is taking time. I am also starting to enjoy it more now that I am improving, too. 

I consider these more difficult than souls games. These aren't something you can just watch a video and emulate.  You have to learn the combat system and have quicker reflexes and decent timing to nail the parry and dodges and combos. 

I say all this still working through the arena challenges and have yet to try for the gold stamps.  Maybe by the end of the 45, I'll be much more proficient to make the gold stamps much more achievable. 

In the spoiler tag is my original estimation on the difficulty.  Having finished it, I will bring down the difficulty to a 6/10.  I would bring it closer to a 4 out of 10 if the initial spike in difficulty wasn't so high.  By the end of the 45 challenges and the gold stamps, I was forced to learn each enemy including the bosses.  In the end, it was one of my favorite games to pop in and play a few challenges.  Even passed two of the gold stamps on the first try when it seemed impossible just to pass some of the challenges at the beginning. 

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

For me is very difficult due the last arena, I pass almost every arena first try except the last one, is a blocker for me, I don't know how to pass it, that enemy is too difficult for me, doesn't have any weakness, the starting age is too high and his posture ,at least in the second phase recovers too fast. I'm so frustrated right now, and the following DLC maybe will be harder.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

• 2 weeks later...

Maaan  i did the plat over a year ago. It was so good i stacked it but i can`t remember shit about the controls lol. I played hundrets of other games since then and going back to this dlc now means to learn the ropes again. I definitely wait until they release the next dlc. I wish they won`t release any new dlc for this masterpiece and instead focus on a sequel or something new. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Maaan  i did the plat over a year ago. It was so good i stacked it but i can`t remember shit about the controls lol. I played hundrets of other games since then and going back to this dlc now means to learn the ropes again. I definitely wait until they release the next dlc. I wish they won`t release any new dlc for this masterpiece and instead focus on a sequel or something new. 

It really isn't that bad. If you double platinumed the original, it will come back quicker than you think. Additionally, the challenges are short enough that they are easy to pop in and out of without adding much frustration. I platinumed the original within like 6 days of release, so even without playing for more than a year, I just followed the tips and recommendations on which specific challenges are the easiest. 

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

my brother I hate to break it to you there might be dlc on thursday for the Sifu update dlc :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

It really isn't that bad. If you double platinumed the original, it will come back quicker than you think. Additionally, the challenges are short enough that they are easy to pop in and out of without adding much frustration. I platinumed the original within like 6 days of release, so even without playing for more than a year, I just followed the tips and recommendations on which specific challenges are the easiest. 

yeah sounds fine man thx. I mean i really don`t mind to play this fantastic game again at all it REALLY is something special and was in my personal GOTY list the year the one thing is that i am not super good in this genre and it took me quite some time to git gud enough now with that much time gone i fear i need to relearn it haha but i think you are right, hopefully it will go faster than expected. 

Also i hope the next dlc is a bit more interesting in terms of story.