online broken on base ps4

Lonemankane

So me and a friend wanted to play dead island 2 together and enjoy it but the online is broken, you can only join ps4 pro players/ friends or ps5 players/friends so your basically unable to get online going on base ps4 as of right now. not sure if the devs plan to fix it soon or what but it will stop people like myself who is wanting to play this game on their ps4.

Plus it makes the online trophies basically more annoying than they should be 

Per GamesRadar:

"Dead Island 2 multiplayer uses peer-to-peer instead of servers, which means the player hosting a session is running everything through their own console. Due to graphical requirements, those on the base PS4 or Xbox One / Xbox One S are unable to host sessions due to technical limitations, though they can still join sessions hosted on PS4 Pro / PS5 or Xbox One X / Xbox Series X or S respectively. According to the official website, the developers are working on a solution so all consoles can host in the future, but for now this limitation is in place."

Its about time last gen consoles get put down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Per GamesRadar:

"Dead Island 2 multiplayer uses peer-to-peer instead of servers, which means the player hosting a session is running everything through their own console. Due to graphical requirements, those on the base PS4 or Xbox One / Xbox One S are unable to host sessions due to technical limitations, though they can still join sessions hosted on PS4 Pro / PS5 or Xbox One X / Xbox Series X or S respectively. According to the official website, the developers are working on a solution so all consoles can host in the future, but for now this limitation is in place."

Its about time last gen consoles get put down. 

I would say not really it is not, as ps5 is basically a more upgraded ps4 if you think about it. it is not like ps2 to ps3 as that was a major change. Plus lets be honest ps5 is still a lot of money to just get one not seen any sales of it yet. Normally stays around 500 or £550

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

I would say not really it is not, as ps5 is basically a more upgraded ps4 if you think about it. it is not like ps2 to ps3 as that was a major change. Plus lets be honest ps5 is still a lot of money to just get one not seen any sales of it yet. Normally stays around 500 or £550

Ive seen sales in my area but its one of those things that probably wont drop in price just like Switch. Mainly due to the world's shit infested economy and rising cost of living/inflation. It sucks. 

Save what you can and grab a console when you can. But i wouldn't say go all out for one. While yes i am a day 1 owner, there are still things i like more on ps4 such as themes, avatars, and such. Folders. (Game lists just dont do it lol).

But yeah. I still think by 2024, ps4 wont be supported... at least sony exclusives.

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Ive seen sales in my area but its one of those things that probably wont drop in price just like Switch. Mainly due to the world's shit infested economy and rising cost of living/inflation. It sucks. 

Save what you can and grab a console when you can. But i wouldn't say go all out for one. While yes i am a day 1 owner, there are still things i like more on ps4 such as themes, avatars, and such. Folders. (Game lists just dont do it lol).

But yeah. I still think by 2024, ps4 wont be supported... at least sony exclusives.

Sony Exclusives yes, but other games I would say no, also lets be honest ps5 needs real games only on that system alone as look at ps2 and 3 at least there you had real list of games. there is only about 3 or 4ish at most games only on ps5

4 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

Sony Exclusives yes, but other games I would say no, also lets be honest ps5 needs real games only on that system alone as look at ps2 and 3 at least there you had real list of games. there is only about 3 or 4ish at most games only on ps5

i feel the series x kinda flopped (i think?) because it has no exclusives. Its all across the board. Cross Gen, PC, etc. 

PS5 i think had not been for pandemic would have had more, but yeah as it stands, it seems to be few and far between. 

If you can wait another year, go for it. 

As far as Dead Island 2 goes, it will probably be addressed next patch or two. Im about to start soon

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

i feel the series x kinda flopped (i think?) because it has no exclusives. Its all across the board. Cross Gen, PC, etc. 

PS5 i think had not been for pandemic would have had more, but yeah as it stands, it seems to be few and far between. 

If you can wait another year, go for it. 

As far as Dead Island 2 goes, it will probably be addressed next patch or two. Im about to start soon

well am hoping it gets fixed as I loved the past dead island games and want to play this with my friend and yeah I plan to get a ps5 if it is within my price range of 300 to 350 like I did for the base ps4

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

well am hoping it gets fixed as I loved the past dead island games and want to play this with my friend and yeah I plan to get a ps5 if it is within my price range of 300 to 350 like I did for the base ps4

I played the first on ps3. So buggy but its weird, i never noticed it until seeing videos. Have yet to play the ps4 version / Riptide. grabbed on sale for $4? 

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I played the first on ps3. So buggy but its weird, i never noticed it until seeing videos. Have yet to play the ps4 version / Riptide. grabbed on sale for $4? 

Dead island 1 on ps4 is ok, riptide is a mess on ps4 they messed up badly making items float in the air, put objects into walls one collectable is stuck in the wall and you have to go into different spots to stand and so on to just get a good angle to pick it up. the ps3 one of riptide is better even though it is buggy

It's not broken, it's just not enabled yet as they wanted to get the game out at the same time as the other platforms without delaying it any more. I think their only solution would be to pay for some servers for those looking to play PS4 to PS4 or Xbox One to Xbox One, having these consoles run in peer-to-peer may result in performance issues - which nobody wants.

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

It's not broken, it's just not enabled yet as they wanted to get the game out at the same time as the other platforms without delaying it any more. I think their only solution would be to pay for some servers for those looking to play PS4 to PS4 or Xbox One to Xbox One, having these consoles run in peer-to-peer may result in performance issues - which nobody wants.

the peer to peer worked ok on dead island 1 and riptide both on ps3 and 4

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

How is the actual gameplay from your experience? From what I have seen it looks bad.

it is not bad to play and enjoyable much more than dead island 1 and riptide but not gotten guns yet as am going to wait on the online to be patched

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

it is not bad to play and enjoyable much more than dead island 1 and riptide but not gotten guns yet as am going to wait on the online to be patched

I have heard the weapons break really fast, is there a perk that helps with weapon durability? I will probably be getting this soon but still undecided.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So if I'm understanding correctly I can still use a base PS4/slim to boost with aslong as my PS5 is the host?

yes, the base ps4/slim is unable to host at all

3 hours ago, War_Hearted said:

I managed to get both trophies last night, in about a couple hours. Finding a game took about 2 mins on average, so it's not entirely broken but there were 4 or 5 disconnections. This was on ps4 slim. 

cool, I had a friend help me get the online trophies but still don't care it is still broken on base ps4

1 hour ago, Lonemankane said:

yes, the base ps4/slim is unable to host at all

cool, I had a friend help me get the online trophies but still don't care it is still broken on base ps4

You can't host and that's a problem, no argument here, and it's good to hear you had a friend help you out. That's what it's all about.

But it is broken......as of now anyway. Which does suck, but at least it can be done as long as you have patience I suppose. 

Hopefully it gets figured out.

• Like 1