Is there any chance that it take more than 1000 hours!

draqilo

Well, It really depends on your skill and how good you are at the rhythm games. The real challenge is if you can complete the all characters mode, if you can then you have a chance of unlocking the platinum, if not you have more practicing ahead of you. Do not start the all characters mode straight away till you have at least cleared every character once, since you can literally lose a run not knowing what this character can't and can do. If you want to make the game a bit easier you could have the Amplified DLC enabled which spawns a ton of new items, the downside is that you have to do an extra zone at the end and fight an even tougher boss at the end.

Edited by Kasumi Amari
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

To add to the topic. I was researching this game, and try to look up hours spend by the 15 platinum achievers bij the data publicly available via the PS5. These hours are notoriously imprecise but will ballpark the effort going into it.

1    kamakura19 905
2    Vitaminless-     2265
3    k1ttyloaf 465
4    Floriiss     1284
5    JeGal_MuhU    242
6    X-DAY1206    829
7    Danny_Johansen    676
8    daisycow287    ??
9    Milesment     ??
10    stealthlevel100     1037
11    xenomorfi2     887
12     rjri    95 (+1000)
13     Riku_KHX    1846
14    SilenTheCake 650
15    Im_Wizolo 621

Edited by Bazeratti
Updated the estimates for SlienTheCake & rjri
  • Like 3

Well as long as you stay on the game and keep practicing the beat you should be fine. If you don't know a good strat to defeat certain bosses, you can check out this guide for every boss Link. This game is heavily RNG base. so don't lose hope just because you died mid-run, who knows the next run might make it easier for you. The good thing is that you don't have to worry about Coda since you have to complete the all characters mode to even unlock her, which takes a lot of time, and you have to hope the RNG gives you a good layout for all nine characters. 

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 2

On 19/05/2023 at 5:33 PM, Bazeratti said:

To add to the topic. I was researching this game, and try to look up hours spend by the 15 platinum achievers bij the data publicly available via the PS5. These hours are notoriously imprecise but will ballpark the effort going into it.

1    kamakura19 905
3    k1ttyloaf 465
4    Floriiss     1284
5    JeGal_MuhU    242
6    X-DAY1206    829
8    daisycow287    ??
9    Milesment     ??
11    xenomorfi2     887
12     rjri    95
13     Riku_KHX    1846
14    SilenTheCake ??
15    Im_Wizolo 621

Interesting rjri got in 95 hours is fast compared to other achievers.

11 hours ago, pere_noel-rodiYT said:

Interesting rjri got in 95 hours is fast compared to other achievers.

Maybe he had practice on other platforms. Or the Ps5 timer counted incorrectly, but I don't think so. If he had only 100 hours he had pretty good luck with the green bats. I have only 2 in around 250 hours :/

On 26/05/2023 at 9:36 PM, Kimura Takahashi said:

Well as long as you stay on the game and keep practicing the beat you should be fine. If you don't know a good strat to defeat certain bosses, you can check out this guide for every boss Link. This game is heavily RNG base. so don't lose hope just because you died mid-run, who knows the next run might make it easier for you. The good thing is that you don't have to worry about Coda since you have to complete the all characters mode to even unlock her, which takes a lot of time, and you have to hope the RNG gives you a good layout for all nine characters. 

You don't have the platinum?

On 5/31/2023 at 4:26 PM, pere_noel-rodiYT said:

You don't have the platinum?

Not yet, but I did 100% the DLC. I'm trying to get Coda out of the way, so I don't have to play her ever again, then it's just a matter of time till I complete the all characters low%.

On 2.6.2023 at 7:11 PM, Kimura Takahashi said:

Not yet, but I did 100% the DLC. I'm trying to get Coda out of the way, so I don't have to play her ever again, then it's just a matter of time till I complete the all characters low%.

Coda is female? :D

4 hours ago, JasseZocker said:

Coda is female? :D

A lot a people say it's a female, I have sound turned down most of the time when playing Coda, but I have heard it talk a few times. Monk doesn't talk at all, which is weird because Coda can. Most of the time you won't find Coda talking since people just lower the sound or turn it off completely to lock in to the beat, so they don't get confused when Coda celebrates and sometimes may cause you to slow down or speed up in the beat because you think her voice is with the music. Obviously the beat is very strict on double speed, just hearing Coda talking is a huge distraction.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you asked the exact same question about Super Meat Boy on 18th May but it doesn't look like you then played SMB. Now I see this too from an earlier date and, shockingly, you don't seem to have played this game either.

Do you actually plan on playing these or are you just going around arbitrarily asking if a game should take exactly X amount of hours when a quick search or read of the trophy guide would tell you that. It's lazy.

Edited by Nauticus87
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 8:08 PM, Darkette said:

Hate to kill your excitement, but I’ve spoken to the lead developer and there’s systems in place to prevent any form of save-scumming when the update releases to consoles. Back-ups won’t help in any capacity.

This is how it’s going to be implemented: 

https://imgur.com/a/fBT1eqj

That’s neat, so I guess it’s time for me to get back to the game. I know I can clear Coda but that damn Deathmedal boss is brutal on a gamepad.

Edit: My previous comment is gone because I self-reported it cause I thought it was pointless.

Edited by Merty

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 11:33 PM, Bazeratti said:

1    kamakura19 905
3    k1ttyloaf 465
4    Floriiss     1284
5    JeGal_MuhU    242
6    X-DAY1206    829
8    daisycow287    ??
9    Milesment     ??
11    xenomorfi2     887
12     rjri    95
13     Riku_KHX    1846
14    SilenTheCake ??
15    Im_Wizolo 621

It took me around 650 hours but not all of them were spent on Playstation.

PS4 Playtime: 550 hours

Switch Playtime: 100 hours

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 6:36 AM, Nauticus87 said:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you asked the exact same question about Super Meat Boy on 18th May but it doesn't look like you then played SMB. Now I see this too from an earlier date and, shockingly, you don't seem to have played this game either.

Do you actually plan on playing these or are you just going around arbitrarily asking if a game should take exactly X amount of hours when a quick search or read of the trophy guide would tell you that. It's lazy.

Making a forum thread to ask a question is not a contractual obligation to utilize whatever answers are given. Besides this, this discussion is useful for other people looking into the difficulty of the game, even if OP doesn't use it.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 2

Just now, Darling Baphomet said:

Making a forum thread to ask a question is not a contractual obligation to utilize whatever answers are given. Besides this, this discussion is useful for other people looking into the difficulty of the game, even if OP doesn't use it.

I  want to know!

Generally speaking 1000 is a high-ball estimate.

Those who exceeded 1000 hours of tracked playtime typically have spent time playing post-100% because they enjoyed themselves/challenged themselves beyond such a extra streak challenges (like Coda streaking which is intense xD) or even to gather footage and other stuff to make guides and whatnot. Either that or in the circumstances where they have just taken longer to get 100% it's not by much and it's those who've frequently substantial long breaks and gotten rusty a few times (the hardest parts are best done without large breaks).

If you make going for 100% in this game your primary focus you won't likely be too near reaching 1000 hours at all. I know this game gets gatekept a bunch and there's a lot of elitism surround conversation of this game but you'll probably find that not everyone who's successfully taken on this 100% is some 'gifted' pro or anything of a sort. Just as long as you're willing to potentially spend up to 1000 hours in just one game and can keep yourself motivated 'till the end after potentially dozens of hours of failed attempts it's totally obtainable for a lot of folk here.

It's rough, there's no denying that, but don't let any elitist convince you that games like this are just 'out of your skill level' and this notion of unless you're one of the hardcore cool kids you'll take 'far greater than 1000 hours' because that's just honestly unlikely. 1000 is plenty to get this done.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, draqilo said:

I  want to know!

Wanna know what? The trophy guide explains everything you need to know about the game. They don’t give any useful tips though. Most of the things written in the guide are pretty obvious.

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Generally speaking 1000 is a high-ball estimate.

Those who exceeded 1000 hours of tracked playtime typically have spent time playing post-100% because they enjoyed themselves/challenged themselves beyond such a extra streak challenges (like Coda streaking which is intense xD) or even to gather footage and other stuff to make guides and whatnot. Either that or in the circumstances where they have just taken longer to get 100% it's not by much and it's those who've frequently substantial long breaks and gotten rusty a few times (the hardest parts are best done without large breaks).

If you make going for 100% in this game your primary focus you won't likely be too near reaching 1000 hours at all. I know this game gets gatekept a bunch and there's a lot of elitism surround conversation of this game but you'll probably find that not everyone who's successfully taken on this 100% is some 'gifted' pro or anything of a sort. Just as long as you're willing to potentially spend up to 1000 hours in just one game and can keep yourself motivated 'till the end after potentially dozens of hours of failed attempts it's totally obtainable for a lot of folk here.

It's rough, there's no denying that, but don't let any elitist convince you that games like this are just 'out of your skill level' and this notion of unless you're one of the hardcore cool kids you'll take 'far greater than 1000 hours' because that's just honestly unlikely. 1000 is plenty to get this done.

I'm thinking to go for it but i believe that i can do it! Those words make me believe that i can do it. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 5:19 PM, draqilo said:

I'm thinking to go for it but i believe that i can do it! Those words make me believe that i can do it. Thanks.

Just keep playing, and you should start to understand the audio cues when you have to move. The normal speed allows you to go offbeat a lot, and if you have the Heart HUD off, you can tell if you're moving too slow or too fast. Try to keep the beat bars in the middle, since that's where the heart HUD is. If the beat bar is out of the heart, that's a missed beat, stopping you from doing anything for one beat. Since you are new to the game, you probably want to use long range weapons because you can attack monsters at a safe distance, and in case you miss a beat, you have an extra tile to back away. If you are low on health and just want to go to the next floor, you can always wait out the song for a free exit. Some characters though will die from the song ending, so beware. There are practice rooms in the lobby if you want to practice a certain enemy or boss. If you get an impossible floor to reach the miniboss you can use certain enemies to dig higher level walls, so you can reach the miniboss before the song ends. Finally, if you find the ring of peace, take it, it despawns eight enemies every floor and spawns the weakest version of the miniboss on that floor, so you will have easier floors to complete.

• Like 1